RaiderTr

Click clack no-brain event
Nugget sets sale
Tombola
Nugget sets sale
Quests

Did I miss anything?
Rinse & repeat without any rest.
Frequency of these things are mind blowing.

DotD items can't be gained from xmas event or anywhere, and yet, literally 1 (ONE) day for xmas event to start after they are auctionable..
Could that go any worse?
Like give us a time to get some trades at least!

Last edited:

Artem124

so what was the point of not making santa set not auctionable? shouldve been for sell right away.. whats the point of doing it later

bosurker

Is it possible to remove the "Popular Item" from the rotating text on items on the Union Pacific Shop. For the 3 rotating items with the 10 limited stock, it's redundant to call something a "Popular Item" when everything in the Shop has that under it. Sort of like if everything's special - nothing's special. I dislike having to wait through 4 lines of rotating text to see how many are left in the shop.

Bill Paxton

* The Santa Set is nice. The regeneration is almost to strong ;)
* I think the quest items (conifer cone, chocolate, etc) should either be auctionable or it should be possible to finish the gift hunt 2020 quests more than once. The second option seems to be the better solution because then the UPS sale also makes sense. Even for you guys that would be good since people spend some bonds there instead for bags.
* The Double trouble quest is IMO a mess. I read in the beta forum that you made it difficult on purpose, but this doesn't make sense. For example my adventurer (+ 10% / 20% product drop rate) on Juarez with fisherman set etc has a 56% drop rate for pick axes. Add some buffs to it it would still take ~45 hours to get 45 pickaxes. But since I played on this world a bit and already have 20 pickaxes...
=> The older the world the easier this quest is. In other words for many you didn't make it that difficult, you just screwed people on Kansas. Most there don't have fisherman set and / or the time to farm that many items over the past years.
The only good part of that quest is that there is no reward that would make it worth to do it :p
* Minor issue: I don't get the point of the achievement. At least a small money reward would be good there. Just like for the crafting collections.
* Requiring high crafting skill products in timed requests on the new worlds is annoying. You lock out many players from taking part in the quests and in the fun of using their craftmanship.

Last edited:
* The Double trouble quest is IMO a mess. I read in the beta forum that you made it difficult on purpose, but this doesn't make sense. For example my adventurer (+ 10% / 20% product drop rate) on Juarez with fisherman set etc has a 56% drop rate for pick axes. Add some buffs to it it would still take ~45 hours to get 45 pickaxes. But since I played on this world a bit and already have 20 pickaxes...
=> The older the world the easier this quest is. In other words for many you didn't make it that difficult, you just screwed people on Kansas. Most there don't have fisherman set and / or the time farm that many items.
The only good part of that quest is that there is no reward that would make it worth to do it :p
* Minor issue: I don't get the point of the achievement. At least a small money reward would be good there. Just like for the crafting collections.
* Requiring high crafting skill products in timed requests on the new worlds is annoying. You lock out many players from taking part in the quests and in the fun of using their craftmanship.

That pretty much sums up the entire product management of this game. A timed quest should not be nearly impossible for new worlds. Difficult on purpose doesn't mean 100s of products, that's just brainless setting 4 (or 9) jobs with drop clothes and logging off.

The word that inno should focus on is 'engaging', not 'difficult'.

and for the record, clicking random jobs 1000s of times to get 120 of X is not engaging, that's just frustrating

The next couple of hours feel like an eternity, but you, the girl and Henry baked some cakes and her little brother helped to decorate the Saloon.

I'm actually disappointed with the lack of guidance quests and inno gives on .en servers

https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Category:Quests <--Last updated in 2011

Why does 'Felling Trees' relate to a present for a boy? 'Trading' for a girl? The presents don't even match the jobs! If 'felling trees' is the job, why not 'wood blocks' as a present for the boy?

Why doesn't the quest say: Find some presents for the kids. The boy wants a train and the girl wants a stuffed bear to play with.

that's somewhat easy to decipher to 'laying railroad tracks' or 'building a railroad station' for the boy's present
stuffed bear? well .. maybe hunting grizzlies, track big game.

instead... felling trees and trading??

If you can't fix the big things, then take care of the details!

Deleted User - 4180592

And if you're going to make other quests necessary to complete a different quest, don't make it necessary for timed holiday event! That's just slapping your customers in the face.
WHY WON'T THEY LET ME IN THE OLD MINES!! :(:(:(

WHY WON'T THEY LET ME IN THE OLD MINES!! :(:(:(

Because you have to complete at least 120 hours of work to finish 2 quests, at least one of them requires you being online on a Saturday (of course a time constraint as well) So yes, finish a bunch of other quests that you haven't completed yet in order to complete a quest that is a timed holiday quest.

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM INNO!! WE HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR WONDERFUL GAME THAT BRINGS JOY TO PLAY!!!

:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

HelenBack

From the announcement:
Please note:
The Old Mine location for "Double trouble" questline can be unlocked by completing "... and Order" quest (ID: 826) from Charlie questline. This questline is accessible only from level 97 at Henry Walker quest giver after you have resolved An unforgettable evening (The traveling circus) quest, which requires level 95 to access it. The new storyline of "Double trouble" was created for our more advanced players in scope to create a bit harder questline to fulfill some of our player requests. If you are unable to access the questline this year, don't worry, you will have the possibility to finish also next year and we have covered you with a lot of other exciting Holiday related adventurous stories.

:blink:

Why in the world would Inno make it impossible to do a limited timed quest unless you have already done the Charlie questline? A questline that includes hundreds of hours of work as well as limited times (specific days and times)...?

Why can't we just have the Quest Giver appear when we accept the quest from John? That would make sense... :roll:

There is another workaround...

If you complete the Mexican Gold quest up to the "To The Treasure" part (https://tw-calc.net/quests/quest/847), there will be another Quest Giver at the same location... Accept that quest... Go to the location... And you can complete the "John broke his leg" quest from John.. The Old Mine Quest Giver will then appear for the next part, "Looking for the father".

I found this out when I happened to have that quest up at the same time but didn't see the Old Mine... Took a chance... Went to the Quest Giver location and was able to complete the Double Trouble quest.

But still... We shouldn't have to do a completely different lengthy questline just to complete a holiday questline... Seriously.

There are so many limited timed quests that require hundreds of products... Including crafted items... Why make it so difficult?

Also, why force people to have to duel players or do adventures in any quests? Why not make options available? Do 10 hours of this job or 2 adventures or duel 5 players... Then anyone who does not want to duel is not forced to duel... Those who hate adventures don't have to do them... At least jobs can be queued up while you're offline... There already are a few quests that do give those options that give the same basic reward. I have a lot of quests waiting for me to do an Adventurer... or 7. :hmf:

Ranger-Schwartz

Helen...this is the most underrated comment in the entire forum if you are right on it...i'll be trying for my 14 hours of questing here instead of the 77 I would have had to engage in with Charlie starting on Saturday...the only day Maya talks to you at the end of Traveling Circus. I'll post here if it works so you can get the accolade you deserve. Spread this around !

HelenBack

From the announcement:
Please note:
The Old Mine location for "Double trouble" questline can be unlocked by completing "... and Order" quest (ID: 826) from Charlie questline. This questline is accessible only from level 97 at Henry Walker quest giver after you have resolved An unforgettable evening (The traveling circus) quest, which requires level 95 to access it. The new storyline of "Double trouble" was created for our more advanced players in scope to create a bit harder questline to fulfill some of our player requests. If you are unable to access the questline this year, don't worry, you will have the possibility to finish also next year and we have covered you with a lot of other exciting Holiday related adventurous stories.

:blink:

Why in the world would Inno make it impossible to do a limited timed quest unless you have already done the Charlie questline? A questline that includes hundreds of hours of work as well as limited times (specific days and times)...?

Why can't we just have the Quest Giver appear when we accept the quest from John? That would make sense... :roll:

There is another workaround...

If you complete the Mexican Gold quest up to the "To The Treasure" part (https://tw-calc.net/quests/quest/847), there will be another Quest Giver at the same location... Accept that quest... Go to the location... And you can complete the "John broke his leg" quest from John.. The Old Mine Quest Giver will then appear for the next part, "Looking for the father".

I found this out when I happened to have that quest up at the same time but didn't see the Old Mine... Took a chance... Went to the Quest Giver location and was able to complete the Double Trouble quest.

But still... We shouldn't have to do a completely different lengthy questline just to complete a holiday questline... Seriously.

There are so many limited timed quests that require hundreds of products... Including crafted items... Why make it so difficult?

Also, why force people to have to duel players or do adventures in any quests? Why not make options available? Do 10 hours of this job or 2 adventures or duel 5 players... Then anyone who does not want to duel is not forced to duel... Those who hate adventures don't have to do them... At least jobs can be queued up while you're offline... There already are a few quests that do give those options that give the same basic reward. I have a lot of quests waiting for me to do an Adventurer... or 7. :hmf:

BUMP!

Reminder for those struggling with this quest this year...
:roll:

HelenBack

BTW please forward this on to the devs...

Please please PLEASE just make the Mine quest giver available to those struggling with the Double Trouble quest!

If they have already completed the Mexican Gold quest, the workaround I had luckily found won't work (the quest giver disappears if you complete it)... So they have to do the Travelling Circus quest which needs you to do the final part on a Saturday... If people are busy on most Saturdays and don't think of "Hey I need to do that timed quest" because they have a real life, then they may not finish it in time to complete the timed quest, Double Trouble... Why? Cuz after they finished the Travelling Circus quest, they need to the Charlie quest which needs 77 hours of work.... not including the work for items needed... and other quests... and battles... and... Oh ya... REAL LIFE!!!

Seriously... Just make the Mine quest giver available and allow people to complete the timed quest!!! :annoyed:

Travelling Circus - Level 95
Charlie - Level 97
Double Trouble - Level 90

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager

Please please PLEASE just make the Mine quest giver available to those struggling with the Double Trouble quest!

If they have already completed the Mexican Gold quest, the workaround I had luckily found won't work (the quest giver disappears if you complete it)... So they have to do the Travelling Circus quest which needs you to do the final part on a Saturday... If people are busy on most Saturdays and don't think of "Hey I need to do that timed quest" because they have a real life, then they may not finish it in time to complete the timed quest, Double Trouble... Why? Cuz after they finished the Travelling Circus quest, they need to the Charlie quest which needs 77 hours of work.... not including the work for items needed... and other quests... and battles... and... Oh ya... REAL LIFE!!!

Seriously... Just make the Mine quest giver available and allow people to complete the timed quest!!! :annoyed:

Charlie - Level 97
Thank you, I have forwarded your feedback!

Ektoras BOTrini

Charlie - Level 97
There's an easier way to do and you don't need to complete any of those quests , simply ask someone that had the old mine opened before walk to it and then duel him and then cancel it. John will make the quest as completed because you will be at the place and as soon as you complete it the old mine quest will be available to you.

note: this works only if you are not a dueler and you must walk to the players location to duel him , duelers will not be able to do this..

note 2: please fix it so you dont need to actually finish the quests mentioned above , im just lucky i did all the quests..

DoUzOs

There's an easier way to do and you don't need to complete any of those quests , simply ask someone that had the old mine opened before walk to it and then duel him and then cancel it. John will make the quest as completed because you will be at the place and as soon as you complete it the old mine quest will be available to you.

note: this works only if you are not a dueler and you must walk to the players location to duel him , duelers will not be able to do this..

note 2: please fix it so you dont need to actually finish the quests mentioned above , im just lucky i did all the quests..

Even if you're a dueller, just make sure you're more than 15 minutes away from the person you're dueling (or 30 if you have your character premium activated), then you will have to move to where they are.

HelenBack

Oh great idea! That is a nice workaround! :up:

SB.access

Ok, so I've tried requesting help in saloon chat (Arizona and Colorado) in the time I was available.. seems no one has time to get to the mine to be the anchor, or nobody noticed.
So, I'll ask here if anyone availailable to be my anchor to get to the Old Mine?
- Arizona (can duel players with duel level of 113-221)
- Colorado (can duel players with duel level of 108-211)

whisper or tele me in the respective world if you're able to help and within those range..
Thank you :)

Edit: I'm still in the early stage of The Travelling Circus quest, so it'll be a while to get to the charlie quest lol

Got help in all worlds I played.
Thank you very much
Hats up to:
- @Slepnor (Arizona)
- @JWillow (Colorado)
- @Caerdwyn (Fairbanks)
for the help
Cheers :)

Last edited: