gift from a friend

DeletedUser36182

Anyone else annoyed that the flower log just says a gift from a friend instead of naming who sent them? How are you supposed to identify the deadbeats on your friends list now???

DeletedUser

Anyone else annoyed that the flower log just says a gift from a friend instead of naming who sent them? How are you supposed to identify the deadbeats on your friends list now???

If you don't get enough from the friends on your list I suggested randomly removing a few of them just to set an example :unsure:

It would have been nice to see who the deadbeats are - That being said, I removed the two worst deadbeats in my list a few weeks ago though, so I hope I only have good friends left now :)

DeletedUser26820

Can also send a group tg to those on your friends list and ask if they're actively sending you flowers.

The ones that don't reply are a give away :)

In a new tg, click on "Add Recipient" then click on "Friends". Can make it a group tg.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35277

I would actually like to see this feature go away. 31 out of 84 'friends' sent
flowers yesterday. And I actively send to everyone every day. It has become
a nuisance and an irritation more than a help. Good idea if everyone was
honest and sent to all, but too many deadbeats. Perhaps up the job drops
and nix the friend flower thing altogether.

DeletedUser

It was originally intended to increase the social aspect of the game...get everyone talking to everyone else.
But all that happened was people would add others to their 'Friends-List' and then never communicate with them ever again.
And as you say, there are way too many people now who are more than happy to receive flowers, fireworks etc., but either cannot be bothered to reciprocate or they say they haven't got time.

On a side (but related) note. If anyone used the 'TW-Friends' script to send stuff, I have found the perfect rhythm. 1 per second. Have a clock or a watch near you and at every tick click send. 100 friends=100 seconds. Simple. Works every time and never causes a crash-out. :)

DeletedUser35277

I would actually like to see Inno make a poll about the sending of flowers, hearts, pretzels, rockets, whatever. Vote if you would rather up the drop a bit from jobs, duels, etc.
and get rid of the sending to friends thing.
Or keep the friends sending 20 once a day.
Would be enlightening to see how many vote each way.

DeletedUser36559

Whoever mentioned the idea of sending 20 flowers to 'x' player and you get rewarded with 20 flowers aswell by doing so, this idea should be implemented, this can give all players a reason to send flowers. As the saying goes 'The true test of a man's character is what he does when no one is watching.'

DeletedUser

I would actually like to see Inno make a poll about the sending of flowers, hearts, pretzels, rockets, whatever. Vote if you would rather up the drop a bit from jobs, duels, etc.
and get rid of the sending to friends thing.
Or keep the friends sending 20 once a day.
Would be enlightening to see how many vote each way.
Wouldn't necessarily make any difference. I have seen polls that had 100% popularity, were sent to the dev's and absolutely nothing happened. :(

DeletedUser

Gonna have to make a fresh post to raise awareness. An edit of previous post will not do this...

TW-Friends is not fixed as we all thought it was. It managed to show that some people had sent flowers and then it stopped working again.
It only goes as high as 20. I can definitely confirm that my friends have sent me at least 60 since the script was supposedly fixed. One even sent me a couple of screenshots showing me that he sent them on 2 separate days, yet it still shows only 20.
I knew it was too good to be true. :(

DeletedUser37191

The script shows some of my friends having sent 40, and that makes sense, since the reports were fixed yesterday.
If you click on the extreme right of the top bar, where it shows your flowers, you can see the reports with the senders names. Can you compare that with what the script says?

PS: They couldn't have sent you 60 in the past ~30 hours...

DeletedUser22685

It can only use data that the game actually stores, ie. the flowers that have been sent since the update and are documented in your flower log.

DeletedUser

I don't get it. Sorry, I'm tired, so maybe I'm missing something.
But when the 'glitch' was supposedly fixed, my friends sent 20 flowers each. These showed up. 'No Problem' thinks I.
Then the next day, one friend sent me 20 flowers which didn't show up, so I asked my mate to send me his and take a screenshot of him doing it.
He did. It still said 20 flowers sent by him.
The next day, he did the exact same thing. Still it said 20 flowers sent by him.
It has now gone up to 40 for some, but I am thinking that it still isn't back to 100%. :(

Post-Edit; Hopefully it is. :) (Had a nap, so I should be okay now. :))

DeletedUser37191

John, the thing is, the moment you posted, it had been only about 30 hours since it was fixed.
So there was no way someone could have sent you 60 flowers in that time, I think...?

DeletedUser

Was it? Hmmm. I'll have to check...

Post-edit: Checked the time etc. It does look like you're right. Weird. I seem to remember sending 3 times after I originally posted it was fixed and the figures only staying at 20 for everyone.
I blame fatigue. :whistle: :D
Anyway, it's all good now. My numbers (for certain players) are increasing nicely now. Many, many people on my list are staying at zero though. Much more than the last event.
It's cool though. I have a policy. 3 consecutive days with no flowers sent to me, they don't get any from me. Two consecutive events and they get ditched.

DeletedUser33353

You are more lenient than I am on that John. Glad to see it is all sorted now.

DeletedUser

Well, I'm a big softie at heart. :D
The thing is, I know some people do have legitimate reasons for not sending sometimes. I myself have had periods where I was so busy, that the thought of sitting down and going through that list when it kept jumping backwards and forwards (in my pre-script days) just made me think, "Sod it, I'll do it tomorrow."
Now that I have the Friends script though, it is easier. 100 friends, 100 seconds. But I know not everyone uses them, so they have to put up with the list jumping back and forth as people come on and offline.
But I do figure that 2 days without sending warrants me not sending any out to them and 2 events means they're just being lazy, so they deserve to be dumped.

DeletedUser33353

I just do the 72 hour rule......3 days, nothing sent, to the curb they go. Besides, everyone should know who their true friends are without being on some so called list.

Newbie question.
Everyone is talking about this flower/gifting.
How do you do it?
What steps do you do, to do this?
Screenshot would be nice. ;)

spankysmagicpiano

Hi

If anyone is on W1 and W12 - I login at least 3 times a day so pretty active - feel free to PM or add me as a friend for these events.