Getting tired of this...

Well, Naughty Pumpkin's been quiet for a couple of days. I hope it lasts. But, I'm very much afraid it won't.

I've decided it's time to do some thinking. The West started out as a lovely game, with lots of things to do. I was brought here by a friend, to duel. Then, y'all decided to screw the dueling up, the thing that started the entire TW ball rolling, so dueling is almost entirely not a thing any more, other than for quests. After years, my friend finally gave up and left.

I switched to FFing, and made a few friends, and was enjoying it, particularly because here, the "enemies" were working together, not only to make the FFing more even, but also so that anyone who wanted a fort had access to one- all the town/alliance had to do was ask (And in my case, they gave me forts because I was an active, sane FFer without my asking). Things were pretty cool, and all of a sudden, Inno decided to go for the instabuck, and sell stuff for gold that unbalanced the FFing. We adapted.

Instead of fixing what had been screwed up, Inno has continued to make the FFing even more unbalanced. It would be so easy to make one of these many sets something that could allow tanks to resist the new Dueler outfits, but Inno hasn't. Now, we have tanks losing 12,000 HP or more in one round, and the FFing is totally screwed. Balancing the sides so no one knows who's going to win is almost impossible- all for a few more instabucks. And, the fool "prizes" for the events are getting more and more useless.

It's having its effect. More and more players are leaving.

Now we add in the obnoxiousness of NP, and her cohorts, who are trying to screw up what remains of the game, just for ego tripping, and you tell me you guys can't stop it?

So, Inno is screwing up the game, and won't protect the players from abusive players who have been abusing the system for YEARS, not just a few weeks or months, and getting cranky at our complaints, when we've just gotten tired of the hassle. After years. Wonderful.

I think I'm going to take a week or so vacation, just as soon as the event ends- not going to dump on my "friends" who have been sending me fireworks (or whatever the event calls for) for many events.

However, I may or may not be back- if I am back, it most likely will to be give people my stuff and spend up the last of the nuggets, since I know Inno won't give me a refund.

In short, Inno has taken a perfectly lovely little game, that would have been a steady, if not spectacular money maker and chosen to make it all but unplayable.

Inno certainly has the right to run their game into the ground however they want to.

I have a right to spend, or not to spend, my money however _I_ want to.

DeletedUser15368

I saw Buzz Cook's account on one world and wondered if the new generation of support just doesn't know about these players.

RaiderTr

^ Or why the "old generation" Mods/GMs didn't IP/Nick/E-mail ban those? :p
Instead of fixing what had been screwed up, Inno has continued to make the FFing even more unbalanced
So they did/do.

Union officer bs was the last nail in the coffin for the most.

DeletedUser34084

I saw Buzz Cook's account on one world and wondered if the new generation of support just doesn't know about these players.
I forgot who that was, but the name sounds familiar. Either french or danish player, who either "shared account w/ mum" or made 600 accounts.

^ Or why the "old generation" Mods/GMs didn't IP/Nick/E-mail ban those? :p

So they did/do.

Union officer bs was the last nail in the coffin for the most.

Because static IP addresses are haven't been a thing for like 10 years at this point. You can't just ban the entire Singapore for one guy (or can you?). Banning a nickname won't do anything either, same w/ e-mail address. There's services that you can use to make "5 minute e-mail addresses", enough for you to sign up a new account.

Harsha..

Because static IP addresses are haven't been a thing for like 10 years at this point. You can't just ban the entire Singapore for one guy (or can you?). Banning a nickname won't do anything either, same w/ e-mail address. There's services that you can use to make "5 minute e-mail addresses", enough for you to sign up a new account.

Recently, I learnt that it's possible to do a "hardware ban", whereas you ban by motherboard/HD/BIOS serial number. That means the cheater's computer is effectively banned and they can't get in with simply making another account. They can start using another computer - but using this method will make it steadily harder for them to keep on coming back. I know that if my main computer was somehow banned, I would be a lot less active.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34084

Recently, I learnt that it's possible to do a "hardware ban", whereas you ban by motherboard/HD/BIOS serial number. That means the cheater's computer is effectively banned and they can't get in with simply making another account. They can start using another computer - but using this method will make it steadily harder for them to keep on coming back. I know that if my main computer was somehow banned, I would be a lot less active.
In a browser game? Absolutely not lmao. You only have access to a limited amount of information regarding the client (even less now that GDPR is a thing) via a browser.

That is a thing on consoles however, where they have their own OS and they run native applications (it's been a thing since Xbox 360?).

LE: Actually the browser knows way more than I thought holy moly. Still not enough to be able to perform that. You can see here what can they find out about you: http://webkay.robinlinus.com/

DeletedUser34084

Sites can apparently see my software, hardware, my connection speed and my Flickr account. Never knew I had a Flickr account. :D
Yeah I think that part is broken. I believe it's supposed to show active sessions you have on those sites.

asdf124

In a browser game? Absolutely not lmao. You only have access to a limited amount of information regarding the client (even less now that GDPR is a thing) via a browser.

That is a thing on consoles however, where they have their own OS and they run native applications (it's been a thing since Xbox 360?).

It isn’t on console only, their are a few pc games that do this already.

I don’t know if it would be against the EU laws, as it isn’t mining personal user data. It would only look for a specification.

RaiderTr

I wish I didn't say that sentence about Bans :D

Topic was neither about a trouble-maker nor what browsers know about us :p

Deleted User - 819397

To be fair talking about how bans could theoretically work doesn’t infringe on our rules about not talking about bans, so it’s not like y’all are in trouble for it :)

(Please note, I’m 100% a forum mod, I have no say about anything that happens in game, nor do I really know anything about tickets being handled by the in-game team, so any questions directed at me about them will be misplaced)