German TW Times

• Thread starter DeletedUser17350
  • Start date

DeletedUser17350

http://www.twtimes.de/ausgaben/aktuell/twtimes.pdf

Anyone that knows German pretty well can get a preview there, about what´s coming next!

On page 1 is the Road Map 2013 and most important on page 6 is an exclusive preview on the update 2.04 with a major change for skilling and jobs! :mad:

I know that I won´t ever need the DoI, if they change job system according to the preview

DeletedUser30417

Players with all-jobs builds won't be happy. Their builds will become practically useless when 2.04 get implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No one's ever happy anyway.

Before we get an official version in English, here's a summary from a Google translation:

• After 45 days of inactivity, instead of being deleted they'll be removed from the rankings, but they can still login, start playing again, and become active.
  • Fort battle and alliance rankings, including monthly, quarterly, etc rankings, plus rankings for crafting, construction, and the like.
  • Reworking the item shop and having more special offers and discounts.
  • Redesigning static, precalculated duels to a more interactive version.
  • Different maps for different forts, instead of using the same maps for every small, medium, and large forts.
  • Rebalancing fort battles.
  • New multiplayer instances such as "capture cows" and "bear hunt" with your teammates on special maps with NPCs.

DeletedUser8627

Yes I have both roadmap and new changes available for 2.04. Once I have checked the spelling and grammar Ill post it for public viewing :)

DeletedUser

Ok you are now able to do all jobs even as level 1 greenhorn, however every job got 5 levels with each level making the job more rewarding. they do this so people won't get stuck with bad builds on quests, which is very frustrating for newer players, they also reckon that quests might get to easy but they are also working on that to find a balance.

how does the new job system work, well for that i stick to the example they gave:

For instance a job that needs 100 labour points(lp) to do, and you get 100 xp and 100 dollar for it as base value(not sure if drop chances of prods change as well)

basically if you got 20 lp in it, you are level 1, 40 level 2, 60 level 3, 80 level 4, 100 level 5 and after that every added sp will increase money and luck value as it does now.

the money and xp you receive however is calced as followed: for instance you at the level 2 in a job since you got 40 lp, that means your level 2. the formula to calc the reward is very easy

its the aforementioned in this case 100 xp and 100 dollar divided by levels you haven't reached yet +1. as level 2 you still need 3 more levels to reach level 5, so its 100xp and dollar divided by 4(3+1)
thus you will get only 25xp and 25 dollar if your in tier 2 for that job. (maybe its easier to just do the base xp and money divided by 6 minus your current level). if your in tier 0 for instance the reward of a job will be divided by 6., as level 1 by 5, level 2 by 4 etc

as i said i don't know if this applied to product drop chances.

after reading i think it could be a good chance with the light on keeping new people interested in the game, for experienced people to to much changes, though inno will lose big money on people buying lp buffs(but tey'll figure smth out for that)

lastly my big question is that what will this do to damage from a job since atm only having +1-20 lp in a job gives you hell from damage, imagine what minus 600 does :D

last part if i understoof correctly it doesnt matter for your reward how many lp you got in a tier, so in my example if you got 20 or 35 lp, you are both in tier 2, thus reward is exactly the same

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

From the TW Times link, first page. I missed the part that screwed up all jobs builds because I didn't want to translate every page by copying and pasting.

DeletedUser22685

After 45 days of inactivity, instead of being deleted they'll be removed from the rankings, but they can still login, start playing again, and become active.

Will save some hassles for sure.

Elmyr said:
Fort battle and alliance rankings, including monthly, quarterly, etc rankings, plus rankings for crafting, construction, and the like.

I love this one, should've happened long ago.

Elmyr said:
Reworking the item shop and having more special offers and discounts.

Can't comment yet but I hope they rework it for the better.

Elmyr said:
Redesigning static, precalculated duels to a more interactive version.

This sounds interesting but I'm a little scared that they'll break it. Same with the job system.

Elmyr said:
Different maps for different forts, instead of using the same maps for every small, medium, and large forts.

Good, this is a much needed change.

Elmyr said:
Rebalancing fort battles.

As long as it's nothing like how they "rebalanced" the duel formula.

Elmyr said:
New multiplayer instances such as "capture cows" and "bear hunt" with your teammates on special maps with NPCs.

This sounds very promising. Not necessarily the proposed names, but the idea behind it.

delldell56

I just hope they don't ruin fort battles, but something does need to be done.

from where i am standing, my never humble opinion is that fort battles have been ruined by bad players lately more than bad inno's moves (which in the recent past have been many). fort fighting has taken a big hit since v2.0 and i wonder if they can be saved at all. too bad you can't include a "ban poor sportsmanship" button as easily as you can push that "ignore player" lovely button. i am not sure new or more appealing maps could be enough to make people try to like battles again.

DeletedUser17350

With the new job system any dueler can do every quest without ever respecing and it´s the same for all the pure hp fort fighters. That´s just great! :mad:
Which dueler cares if he gets exp, products or items with a job, that he couldn´t do without respecing? He just does them for quests and gets more nice rewards!

I don´t care a bit for a dumb kids game, where nothing has real consequences! I know, that there are a quite few players out there, that want to be best at everything at the same time. Enjoy your "Eierlegende Wollmilchsau" ingame, I know I won´t!
http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/consequence.html

DeletedUser

The jobs change will kill the game... but they are answering to the thousands of fort battle players that are, always, crying that they can´t do all the quests, because they need to reskill and don´t have money. And they don´t want to lose there 7000 hp because that would kill there fort battles.
So the inno got a way to please them: Kill the jobs structure and let everyone get 7000 hp easily and do all jobs, so they can complete all quests.

So the "full jobs" part of the game will be gone and will only remain the Duel and Fort battle... so why not remove all the quests? They don´t have any use on the new system since you can complete them all just needing to raise levels to open the job the quest asks.
No more need to get the quests in the game. A quest is something that you need to get a way to find out what to do... not something that it´s just dependable on your raising levels to get the jobs open and do them. That would make the quests a extra money and extra experience for the people to do... since there is not any use about it.
Since we just lose the thing where we need to make some calculations, now every soldier can go into a battle with 16000 hp and a dueler with 7000 hp, since they don´t need anything else.

Great way to finish the game...

DeletedUser

Wait - Can someone actually explain simply what they have done to the job system?