Geographic Based Worlds

• Thread starter DeletedUser38636
  • Start date

DeletedUser38636

Background:

I live in the US - on the East Coast - and play numerous worlds. I have the same basic problem on all these, although there are minor differences in detail. 'Prime Time' fights are usually when I am at work - typically in the 3:00 to 6:00 pm local time window for me - when I am at work. All worlds have this 8 hr rule in place which prevents another legitimate fort fight for 8 hrs.. That in turn means non-primes are largely after midnight for me, up to say 4:00 am. Effectively I am being "timed out: of active fort fighting. I understand that this is a self-imposed problem by the players and not something dictated by Inno. However, attempts to get this changed so that players in the same predicament as myself can play rather more actively have met with no success. There is no desire to move just a few fort fights into a time slot to accommodate us. Nonetheless it is alienating non-European players, causing them to stop ff'g and even quit the game.

Suggestion

I propose having a limited number of geographic based worlds where ffs are at times convenient to those local players. The Americas and Australasia for example? I suggest players are allowed to migrate one character from any other world they play.. Perhaps Inno could dictate the ff battle time window(s) through coding.. Alternatively, access to these worlds could be limited by IPs. Personally, I prefer the former as I have no desire to limit access to European players, for example, if the timings suited their particular circumstances.

I have floated the idea with a few US/Canadian and Australian based players and almost all these are supportive, but that hardly constitutes a statistically meaningful sample. I understand the next step is to put the concept into this forum and get more general reaction. If reaction is generally, supportive, I have no idea what happens next - if anything. So comments, pro or ante, please..

Apelatia

This is an admirable idea, but unfortunately our language server doesn't have the capacity to support a world for each major region of the globe. If this were to be a thing, it would also take away from the whole concept of this being an International server. That is definitely one of the things I most enjoy about the game. Despite the main language being English, I can talk to people from all sorts of different countries whenever I wish to.

There is another problem with this idea. Who would decide what the best time for fort fights for any region would be? For some players, their "prime time" might actually be in the morning, which small fort battles often take place or maybe in the afternoon? If I were Australian and could only dig a battle in a certain time frame that didn't suit me in the slightest, then my enjoyment of the game would drastically decrease.

A good thought, but a "no" from me.

DeletedUser35533

as you said its a community issue, not a game issue. make a break off alliances with the players who have the same problem so you can fight at convenient time for you. If you don't have enough players like that for a legit fight than using social media and forum to gather them all in 1 existing world would be a more effective move.
moving existing fights to accommodate you means inconveniencing others (others whom might be the majority of fort fighters).most fights fall on after midnight for me as well. Being from the same geographic area does not mean everyone will have the same convenient time.

My vote is "whatever" because its been a long time since any idea was implemented