General Dueling Policies

DeletedUser19861

I would like your opinion on a matter dear to me.

As I understand dueling, Duelers, Soldiers and Adventurers are fair game. I however get complaints from members coz they are being dueled as Adventurers, I myself am a pure Builder and my policy is that Builders should not be dueled as they use their attributes and skill points mainly for construction purposes which render them extremely defenseless.

So this is my question, how do you guys feel about ADVENTURERS being dueled? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I say it's alright, they have to put some points into dueling skills and wear dueling clothes for the adventurer quest line so the fights should be some what fair.

DeletedUser

Some people hit builders, some people don't. Most people hit adventurers.
For example, I'm just over in teh train robber's town, as their soldiers are hitting our builders. :)

DeletedUser

I would like your opinion on a matter dear to me.

As I understand dueling, Duelers, Soldiers and Adventurers are fair game. I however get complaints from members coz they are being dueled as Adventurers, I myself am a pure Builder and my policy is that Builders should not be dueled as they use their attributes and skill points mainly for construction purposes which render them extremely defenseless.

So this is my question, how do you guys feel about ADVENTURERS being dueled? :rolleyes:

Adventurers can be just as defenseless as builders putting their skill points into trading, trapping, swimming, or hiding. Just because you can duel them, doesn't mean you should duel them.

DeletedUser

Some people hit builders, some people don't. Most people hit adventurers.
For example, I'm just over in teh train robber's town, as their soldiers are hitting our builders. :)

Yeah after one of your soldiers decided to go around dueling all of our pure builders, and not going anywhere near our real duelers. I see that he is busy sleeping in your towns hotel now, what a brave guy. After that we sent a note to one of your founders asking him to stop when he sent us this message:

dgorsk Today at 3:35 AM
we have no duel rules. our guys are allowed to attack whoever. sorry.

After that we decided to openly duel your workers, just fighting fire with fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

you pick what you are you are not forced into any class

every one is fair game

DeletedUser5597

I hit everyone who gives me decent HP nearby. hitting workers brings more duelers ready to take me down, so more XP to be won.

DeletedUser17048

if you choose to be defenseless, you make yourself a target, you are just easy pocket change and experience

and i do hit everyone to try and provoke attacks on me only a few so far, of which i won all three

DeletedUser

Well i have several work only characters and i play with full premium and it somtimes feel like im beeing punished for beeing premium and therby of a higher level and provide good XP for the fighters.

And as a non strenght build adventurer with zero dueling skills i am even more defenseless than a pure builder :sad:

I do not have any resistance nor any aim or doge nor shooting or vigor all i have is 1 tactic from every attribute.

So needless to say i am not able to win a single duel nor am i capable of scoring any hits on the attacker and if i even did it will be as gentle as a mothers kiss :razz:

But having sayed that
It has been my own choice on where i have placed my skillpoints and i have done so for a reason to get to the jobs i set out to be able to do as soon as possible that is my benefit i can do jobs that fighters can not !

One can not have the cake and eat it too :p

Make your choice and live with the consequenses
if you cant take beeing farmed a little choose to be able to defend yourself or be part of a town that have fighters protecting you.

Now go out and kill some workers nothing stirs up the beehive better than that.

DeletedUser

All classes can be made for any purposes. I.e., Worker class can be built up as strong melee fighters. There is nothing restricting how you use your attribute/skill points, so putting "tunnel-vision" restrictions on what class should be attacked is rather silly.

Anyway, most every character concept has pluses and minuses. If you design your class to focus on xp deriving jobs, you'll go up in levels quick. For cash jobs, you'll get rich quick and soon fill yourself with tons of items. But whatever you choose, you're going to hurt one way or another.

For example, I really like melee soldiers, but in choosing that design, I hurt for cash and xp. I level slower and I get less cash. Still, I kick plenty of butt, and in that regard, I get to gloat like a little schoolboy about my characters' duel ratio.

You create your character based on what you want to enjoy out of the game. And, in doing so, you're going to need to man up about the downsides to your chosen design because, honestly, nobody really wants to hear all the damn whining. It's a game, have fun, play it. If you don't like what's happening to your character, don't like losing duel after duel, your cash teets being pulled on a regular basis by preverted soldiers, either get out of town or make a new character concept.

Especially Adventurers. What the hell they doing in a town anyway?!?!

DeletedUser16008

As Hells says everyone has a choice.....

No one is forcing builders to go pure or Adventurers to stay in town... if you do and you get dueled either do something about it or get out of town..

This is supposed to be the west and Fighters are supposed to protect its workers etc there never has and never will be a restriction in my towns with some made up rule about not dueling workers.. This idea seems to have been born by builder founders etc and has seeped out into the worlds as an unwritten rule ... WRONG

If you duel Adventurers then you may as well duel builders for all the challenge they put up.... saying that some of the best duelers i know come from both classes so it dosnt have to be that way.

Besides you dont hear any moaning coming from fighters when they get their asses shot at in forts by workers... cant have it all one way...

People choose their class and if they dont like it they should delete and start with a better one or stop the whining and accept all classes have limitations .... its THE WILD WEST get it ? :cool:

DeletedUser16628

You can't ride 2 horses with 1 ass so live with your choices,why on earth if your a adventurer are you in town to be attacked that's your fault but I feel if the class is armed then they are fair game Most real duelers don't need to pad their stats hitting defenseless builders unless it's war I love war once in a while.This is the WILD WILD WEST afterall so do what you must to make the game enjoyable for you.

DeletedUser

Anyone who considers builders to be more helpless than working adventurers (not the one's who are blatantly duelers) is an idiot, workers get if anything more points in dueling than adventurers in most cases, as they get HP, vigor and toughness. I don't believe either should be dueled past the start of the game, provided they're not blatantly duelers playing as a different class, as it's low xp, and unless they're stupid in which case they deserve to be hit, they won't carry a lot of cash along with them. If you want to hit workers and adventurers, that's up to you. Just don't expect your workers to recieve any different treatment, and that often disuade's them from being in your town.