GC/MC Disbanding

DeletedUser

And we would seriously love to see all towns wearing a tag in w 10 do the same!

We (the MC) had a sit down today with some of the GC leaders & we are all a bit excited about our plans for the future of w 10. Surely, there may be a few kinks, but we do not feel it will be anything that can not be ironed out.

There are still many active players left in this world who do not want to see it die off. Instead, we have come up with a little plan that we hope every town will join in with us.

We will pick a few of our strongest towns, GC will pick a few of their strongest towns. If we could get a few of the west side towns involved in this, we will need a few from out there as well.

We are hoping to find 10 or so leader towns to each head up a new alliance. With all former tags removed, each leader town will make a new brand new tag.

Now, here's the tricky part. We all need to forget about past enemies but remember, as the leaders of both of the GC and the MC are willing to come together to bring a bit more fun to all of our games, you should be willing to forgive & forget. This is a game, we are here to have fun. It'll be kinda fun working arm in arm with former enemies. You never really know a person until you've played along side of them.

After the leader towns are decided, all remaining towns who wish to participate will be placed onto a notepad, a copy given to each lead town. We will go into a chat room with each leader town picking a town who they wish to have in their alliance. GC may pick a former MC town, MC may pick a former GC town....and so on. We will continue to go around the room until all lead towns have a new alliance group. This will insure that all of our groups are starting out fairly equal.

Any town may call another fort, but the defending town can only have 1 fort called on them per day, although they are free to call another if the first is early enough to head to another. Multi battles & diversion battles will be frowned on. Towns doing so will feel the wrath of the other 8 alliances all at 1 time. Only the town who called the battle (and it's new allies) & the defending town along with their new allies may fight in that battle.

It is highly suggested that any town with brother/sister towns to get your people into 1 town. If you wish to leave the town(s) open for shopping with 1 or 2 people, no problem. Just be sure that they are not fort battle participants because they will not be able to participate in battles as they will not be a part of the town lottery but feel free to rotate those people in & out.

If you have an inactive or small (less than 20 people) town, it is best that you merge with another town. Lets fill up some towns & get down to business.

We have a few more tricks up our sleeves but will let you all gulp down this 1 part tonight.

If you town wishes to be a lead town, simply leave a note in here.
B

DeletedUser

:eek:hmy:

C sharp (thats my "note" and shatters things)

I've turned the choice over to the town as to what to do...

I can also see many problems with it..like if you own more than 1 fort and they all get called, what hope do you have to defend them?

Your forts never getting called, or the time your alliance calls others doesnt suit you, you sit there twiddling your thumbs waiting for a fort battle...

What about all the members of those forts?

What about the forts you are building..may as well just stop that now...

etc etc etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Some time ago i decided i wanted my own town - so i left the one i was in and started building one (Geoff Woade) more recently my brother joined to finish off the work - allowing me to get on with other things.

I am not leaving my town, so the news that only the town who called the battle & allies & defending town / allies may fight in these fort battles saddens me.

I haven't been fort fighting for the past 6 weeks due to other commitments but i was looking forward to getting started again.

Anyway - i will see how this all pans out over time - maybe i'll turn up to a fort battle and be turned away due to being from an independent town - maybe not.

I want to continue being an active player in this world and i will in terms of playing each day - however as stated before, i built my town, i like my town and i want to live in my town - be that to the detrement of fort battle acceptance or not.

Thanks

DeletedUser20401

Well, I'll be thinking about what you said.

But I don't particularly like the idea.

Especially this part:

"Only the town who called the battle (and it's new allies) & the defending town along with their new allies may fight in that battle."

I'm hearing a lot of "WE" & "US" - which apparently NOW denotes "MC" AND "GC" -- (quote: "We (the MC) had a sit down today with some of the GC leaders..."), but somehow, now, I'm not feeling a part of that, even though I fought in many MC fort battles on the MC side of course. And all the while I was MC, I never attacked (dueled) an MC town.

The World 10 may indeed be dying, but I think the "power" of "decision" in this world shouldn't be held so much by so few -- whether they are former MC or GC.

But I'll see what comes of this before I make final judgment.

DeletedUser

So what you are saying is you are bringing sexy back.

It has been a long time since I have played on w10. I got bored but have still kept my character.

Good luck!

Baldness

DeletedUser

So what you are saying is you are bringing sexy back.

It has been a long time since I have played on w10. I got bored but have still kept my character.

Good luck!

Baldness

Better warm that character up...it will get its butt handed to it if its been a long time :p

DeletedUser

I don't like it at all. Looks like those who have nothing else to do in RL are making the rules for everyone else.

DeletedUser

wont happen ill quit if that happens, gc doesnt deserve a do over, a forget stuff, they deserve to be pummeled into the ground every single day

DeletedUser

I've now had a bit of time to think about this...and will need more time to weigh up other opinions, but the one fundamental mistake here is that you didn't include ALL the MC, GC and their Allies, towns into these discussions...

Without your allies, both MC (The Mercenary) and GC (Costantinople) would just be another couple of towns and others could/would allie against you and hammer you into oblivion ;)

The major problem with this proposal is that NOBODY ELSE can take part in the battles...there are ways around that...like sign up and if it isn't full, they will take part anyway for 1, and swap towns for 2

What about all the towns that are no part of either alliance? What about the forts not owned by the 2 alliances?

New alliances WILL form soon enough and this whole idea will be out the window.

All it would take is all disgruntaled towns to form a SUPER alliance and wipe out the others...Which sort of just happened ;)

I'm sorry if I'm being a "wet rag" on all of this..but I just don't think this is the answer...not to mention I just spent 6 months sucking butt and building our town up to where it is now

DeletedUser

If your dueling record on w10 is any indicator you have no idea what you are talking about.

Baldness

We are talking fort fighters...I'm an Adventurer/fort fighter..that record is improving all the time ;)

And my record was way worse than that till recently...just discovered I can actually kick a bit of butt there now too..lol

btw..my comment was a friendly jest to get back into world 10 :rolleyes:

DeletedUser14648

This sounds more confusing and not so much a good idea. There are lots of good fort fighters first of all that don't wanna be in a town with a population of more than 20. 2nd it sounds like all your doing this for is so the multi's stop which is also dumb. I don't like multi's as much as anyone else but it's part of the game and strategy. Deal with it diplomatically! I personally like to go to battle, as long as my work schedule allow's me to participate. So if you guys are telling me that I won't be able to participate in battle's because I'm not in the right named town is just simply RETARTED!!! So my solution to that is, if I don't get into a battle that I traveled hours for, you bet your ass I'm coming to duel you(the general who denies me) and everyone of your town members that I can. And yes I'll lose some but I guarantee I'll win way more than I lose! So just a recap this idea is SUPER LAME AND I HATE IT!

DeletedUser

Something needs to be done though. I have been playing the west for quite a while now, and have seen other worlds die when 1 alliance or group pretty much controls the whole world. Which is where w-10 is now.

I am not sure this is the right move, but I'm not sure its not either. I don't like a select group getting to say who does and who does'nt participate in fort battles though.

DeletedUser

:razz: The simple fact is, they cannot really do what they have stated. Unless a battle is over-maxed, you cannot exclude anyone from participating. So, unless every single battle will be over-maxed - then anyone who wishes can still sign up & participate in the fort battles. :razz:

DeletedUser

I do applaud the effort of trying to find a solution and make this world as fun as it should be instead of keeping on bickering.

That being said, I do have to repeat what others have said before me and add my personal points:
1. MC and GC are not the only entities in this world. I don't answer to anyone in GC and I don't want my game experience to be dictated by anyone. I do realize it's not practical to ask every single individual their opinion but it would have been better to open a discussion on this forum so that the interested parties could voice what they have to say. I guess that's what we can do now. Having a moderator in charge of keeping the discussion orderly and summarizing points may be necessary if we do that.

2. I really despise the idea of limiting access to fort battles. Fort battles is what makes this world fun and as far as I'm concerned the more the merrier.

3. I don't hate the idea of tossing out the MC and GC brands and mixing things up a bit. I would find it interesting to interact with experienced fort fighters like Berkie, Vic, and others on the MC side. But I don't think the currently proposed solution of having a few leaders pick out the towns they want in their alliance is very practical. For one thing, town membership can fluctuate very easily and I don't think we can restrict specific individuals to join a given town. Secondly, if I don't care about the characters I play with (Vic and Berkie are enemies in the game right now but I'm sure they're fine individuals as players so I wouldn't mind playing with them), there are some individuals I don't want to be around and I don't want to be stuck with them.

4. I hate being a nay-sayer but, honestly, this sounds a little laborious. If the goal is to make a more balanced world, it would be a lot easier for a couple of major towns to just switch sides. Let's go ahead and toss out the MC and GC tags if you want to and let's reorganize ourselves differently but I don't think we need elaborate rules for that to happen.

5. I would love it if we could all agree to certain rules and standards that we can all abide by (banning multis being an example) and if we could be respectful of each other as players so that we can police ourselves. I just don't think the reorganizing is a prerequisite for this to happen though.

I'd love to keep on being a part of the conversation to find a solution most players can be happy about but I won't blindly accept the ruling of self-appointed leaders of only two tagged confederacies.

DeletedUser

Bring it. Show me your strenght, IJ.

GF

just go to w10, go to towns, look at rankings that says it all

they were gladly willing to accept anythign u put on the table, cause they have failed

why would we even offer anything to them when they are the ones who call the multies, they cant even play by those rules why do they deserve a free pass lmfao

DeletedUser

Tomorrows world 10 shedule...

3 battles all at once early... then some sanity

MC allies calls 1...BadAssSam runs straight out and calls one with in 35mins and another called from their side by the Bananas with in the hr from the first call...all Large Forts...

Great..all we need to make it fun is 780 players...PFFFTT!!

They are so scared of losing any more forts..they will all be at their fort...they dont have 390 members to defend/attack their challanges :p

Then sanity prevails and we have 3 more time spaced battles...distance is a worry though..lol

see you all there :p

DeletedUser

This time you have failed. IJ attack on Banana is fallowed by BAS attack about 4 hours away. He couldn't just fly to there so it looks more like planned attack.

Don't know about Bananas reaction though.

DeletedUser9470

I don't like this idea too much.
W10 needs a bit of a hand reviving and were all here to do so

But organising ONE cash battle is hard enough, let alone 2-6 new fort fighting factions.

As a member of the mercenary I'm not sure this has any advantage to us.

I think, like I have said before, that it is now up to a new side to rise.
GC must be dissolved and be a faction of the past.

They have been annihilated so they should just get rid of their tags and start something new before all their members leave.

We at the mercenary when we were 100k fort points down didn't give up, we kept on fighting. GC on the other hand gave up, so as far as I'm concerned they must get rid of their tags.

Maybe Greatest can start a new faction? with Vengyr?