Games Status

Should we have the Games be visible again on What's new?

• Total voters

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
I’ll note that this poll kind of reminds me of that kid in elementary school who would say “best 2 out of 3” “best 3 out of 5” “best of 7” etc until he won.

how about this: we’ll look at the results on May 1. Anyone who didn’t vote by then can live with the result.

Abydos1

I’ll note that this poll kind of reminds me of that kid in elementary school who would say “best 2 out of 3” “best 3 out of 5” “best of 7” etc until he won.

how about this: we’ll look at the results on May 1. Anyone who didn’t vote by then can live with the result.

But isn't pushing back the results further than a month after I posted the poll doing the elementary school kid thing? I only delayed week per week to break the deadlock ties that's all...you see all the posts I done in the first page of this thread of which nobody objected till you posted now. I do wonder if we do decide to wait till your May 1st deadline would you guys really respect the outcome if the Yes votes are still above the No votes? :rolleyes:

Lyrinx.

Only 2 of you use those "games", and the forum was full with counting, sending pictures and other stuffs while we missed hundreds of more imortant replies. It's better for everyone if these stays hidden, even if the forum is dead for a while. Sometimes less is more.

Abydos1

Only 2 of you use those "games", and the forum was full with counting, sending pictures and other stuffs while we missed hundreds of more imortant replies. It's better for everyone if these stays hidden, even if the forum is dead for a while. Sometimes less is more.

Ummm, 2 people you say? There are at least 15 Yes votes so obviously that isn't true plus there were some other players and mods that played along too...so are we supposed to only see whining and complaining here in the forum? This forum was so active when the games were visible but now it is as dead as Crapventures... *sigh*

Abydos1

Hahah those yes votes are 5 people with 3 accounts

Ummm, you might want to take a look below before you accuse people of posting multis here including yourself... :roll:

Should we have the Games be visible again on What's new?
Yes Votes: 15 50.0%
Ranger-Schwartz kenau Sambee levis501 Sam J McCord Daktal C0OPeR Abydos1 Killer Bonnie Thanatoss Artem124 ImmortalMadGuys Alduin Alice Kingsleigh Madara Uchiha
No Votes: 15 50.0%
Goober Pyle lulumcnoob Snr Sarg PrancingPurplePony gate 7 for ever asdf124 Atnightshow RaiderTr Beefmeister Caerdwyn Lyrinx. Jordy240797 vampyr Clever Hans WhyN0t

Lyrinx.

Ummm, 2 people you say? There are at least 15 Yes votes so obviously that isn't true plus there were some other players and mods that played along too...so are we supposed to only see whining and complaining here in the forum? This forum was so active when the games were visible but now it is as dead as Crapventures... *sigh*
I understood, but I wont change my mind. And yes, the forum was active, and you guys still using the games section, so basically nothing changed, just luckily we don't see it. :) This forum died after many other reasons, not because we can't see how fast you can send numbers via text or pictures 20 times in a day. But, that's my opinion, as far as I know this topic was born by your wish and opinion, so you have to accept if someone don't like it.

Abydos1

I know you won't change your mind nor would I care to since you never played along with the games to begin with but to support the shadow ban just cause you don't like to see it is so petty...the mods all played along with the games as well yet most of them stay quiet on this matter. I see you also recruited a bunch of No votes suddenly after I finalized the outcome a month after...wtg on rigging the poll go on ahead and get more since you got nothing better to do. :roll:

Goober Pyle

The West Team
While I am personally opposed, if on May 1 the yes leads I will ask Syntex to restore the games prominence or at least find a satisfactory compromise.

Jordy

The West Team
Forum moderator
I never knew counting was considered a game until today.

Abydos1

Well, that day has come...what will it be now?

DeletedUser15368

what will it be now?
1 of 3 things happens now:

1. the unsanctioned vote gets ignored as is tradition in The West and you and the other maths wizards stay in the shadow realm
2. the unsanctioned vote is surprisingly acted upon and the the counting game spam resumes, and we log in tomorrow to find more people playing the Forum than playing the game - a utopia for you legends of basic arithmetic.
3. we find some compromise where you can play counting games without it negatively impacting everyone else trying to use the forum for non-counting purposes.
for example, a plugin to hide the Games section by default or by user action, or a plugin to expand the What's New area so it's not dominated by the hardcore gamers.

Exciting stuff. There's nothing better for the CM to do.

Edit: Maybe a 4th option, play some of the more interesting games instead of filling What's New up with 3 or 4 different counting threads, and it might be more tolerable.. idk just rambling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abydos1

1 of 3 things happens now:

1. the unsanctioned vote gets ignored for the good of the forum
2. the unsanctioned vote is acted upon and the the counting game spam resumes
3. we find some compromise where you can play counting games without it negatively impacting everyone else trying to use the forum for non-counting purposes.

Exciting stuff.

I think number 2 is the best option since that is how it was before...the people have spoken! :up:

DeletedUser15368

I think number 2 is the best option since that is how it was before...the people have spoken! :up:
I think #3 is the best option, because people didn't only speak in favour of the calculus club.

And before the forum changed to Xenforo, the Games section didn't show up in the feed at all, you didn't get credited for posts and karma in Games and Off Topic, because it was just a place to go and spam - and it thrived a hell of a lot more than 5 guys posting to 3 simultaneous counting games -
Showing me that you don't need exposure, you need higher quality to get more people involved (it's not like you're playing a private game of count to 10000 while burying other threads about game content on the ridiculously small What's New area on a public forum after all)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyrinx.

I think #3 is the best option, because people didn't only speak in favour of the calculus club.

And before the forum changed to Xenforo, the Games section didn't show up in the feed at all, you didn't get credited for posts and karma in Games and Off Topic, because it was just a place to go and spam - and it thrived a hell of a lot more than 5 guys posting to 3 simultaneous counting games -
Showing me that you don't need exposure, you need higher quality to get more people involved (it's not like you're playing a private game of count to 10000 while burying other threads about game content on the ridiculously small What's New area on a public forum after all)
I don't even understand why do we need to see and "play" minigames in browser game's forum. It's just stupid.