Game screen gone dark

MFRavenhawk

Did someone forget to pay Inno's power bill for the West? Game screen is too dark to see anything on the main map. Whatever is causing it doesn't seem to affect taskbar, script tabs, chat screen or minimap, so I presume its something for the main map of the game. However, the screen is too dark to see your way around the map or to click on anything within it to choose new jobs.

PrancingPurplePony

since it happened after the day change on the server, I figured its a lame April Fools joke.
either that or someone thought that having the light reflect the server time was a clever idea. which it is not.

MFRavenhawk

When the light level on the screen is too dark to see it (I have vision issues I see only grayscale and low light makes everything look pitch black), its a joke in bad taste. Reporting it shows its apparently the new night mode, but there isnt a setting to control it....there is a reason I dont use night mode in Grepolis or Tribal Wars.

MFRavenhawk

Did you make into consideration about what day is today? :rolleyes:

If you are implying that its a prank for April Fools Day, yes I am aware that could be the situation....but it has been confirmed it's the new night mode.....something poorly thought out for implimentation if they didn't include a setting control.

And even if it was a prank, one that completely destroys the means for someone to play the game til they decide to turn the lights back on is in very poor taste.

Stevie McQueen

yeah , it's a pain , but surely not an April Fool ?

That would have been the Easter Announcement with the wrong ( or right ) start date

Stopping the Event just as it started

Having a questline that doesn't drop the required quest items

Having a Gaucho set that you can't fully equip

The moral is how can you tell what is a prank when so much goes wrong ?

DeletedUser38810

some jokes here down

- someone forgot to pay the electricity bill? :D

- I thought my laptop had been ruined, do not scare me like that!

- I did not know it was the time of the planet (in which all turn off the light xD)

- Now we do light-off to save energy? :D

Slygoxx

I'll send a message to those who handle our power bills, we might be able to resolve it by the end of the day.

DeletedUser38879

I like it. I thought when this was proposed a while back it was a clever idea.

Deleted User - 1693871

Like others with older eyes, I am not a fan of the darker screen.

In fact, I find it completely eggsasperating.

MFRavenhawk

It is April Fools day, enjoy it....at least it is not bugged like the quest line ;)
An April Fools prank that completely violated Inno's own rules for the West:
§4) Code of Conduct
Players are expected to treat other players with respect and conduct themselves in an appropriate manner while playing the game.
It is forbidden:
  • to violate or harm other players physically or mentally.
  • to discriminate against players based on, but not limited to their origins, race, religion, creed, sex, disability, age or any relevant category.

At least I can see the game screen to play again :p

DeletedUser33353

An April Fools prank that completely violated Inno's own rules for the West:
§4) Code of Conduct
Players are expected to treat other players with respect and conduct themselves in an appropriate manner while playing the game.
It is forbidden:
  • to violate or harm other players physically or mentally.
  • to discriminate against players based on, but not limited to their origins, race, religion, creed, sex, disability, age or any relevant category.

At least I can see the game screen to play again :p

Going by that Raven, I could say the same about all of the bugged quest lines as late......discrimination versus a female player on a quest reward for an example ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:

MFRavenhawk

Going by that Raven, I could say the same about all of the bugged quest lines as late......discrimination versus a female player on a quest reward for an example ;) .

Ahh, but bugs are unintended issues that are usually corrected, often before it is too late to.
This failure of an April Fool prank was quite intentional in its design...and was allowed to run its intended course despite notification of the issues it created.

DeletedUser33353

Ahh, but bugs are unintended issues that are usually corrected, often before it is too late to.
This failure of an April Fool prank was quite intentional in its design...and was allowed to run its intended course despite notification of the issues it created.

Since it is after April Fool's day......I still applaud the effort to do it. Sorry if you did not see it that way Raven.