Game Rules changes 2020 - Questions

RaiderTr

Nobody knows the real answer other than the author of those vague rules.. (who won't bother to show up)

All the rest only assumes from the past experiences.

Nisa

It's mostly an interesting point that mods need to answer inside an 8 hour window.... but somehow there are sometimes days between these forumposts.
They can't even follow their own rules.

Exactly my point. Nobody left who cares enough about the game to post more than some official line.

flarian

The use of this script does fall within the game's rules. Overall,the rules on scripts hasn't changed - it has just been reworded. Most, if not all, scripts that were allowed before can still be used by players.

Question though why does diffrent servers/countries (how u want to call it) have seperate rules about scripts we are allowed to use?
If inno now made new rules/wording. and say new All scripts are forbidden. wouldn't that just mean all scripts.

And then a mod says. it does not include that. ?? isn't that then mods making their own rules?

why bother making rules then. if our mods eventually are just saying if its allowed or not.
Also gets back to the points we are making this whole thread allready. the rules are 2 much grey area. and are mostly up for interpretation.
what makes ruling only oppinion based in stead of a clear ruling.

Al35ul

Question though why does diffrent servers/countries (how u want to call it) have seperate rules about scripts we are allowed to use?
If inno now made new rules/wording. and say new All scripts are forbidden. wouldn't that just mean all scripts.

And then a mod says. it does not include that. ?? isn't that then mods making their own rules?

why bother making rules then. if our mods eventually are just saying if its allowed or not.
Also gets back to the points we are making this whole thread allready. the rules are 2 much grey area. and are mostly up for interpretation.
what makes ruling only oppinion based in stead of a clear ruling.
I have requested a change in the rules to something more descriptive ( e.g. Any scripts that provide unfair advantages are forbidden etc.). Whether or not this will happen, I do not know. I am not sure how different servers run, but to the best of my knowledge, the banned scripts should all be the same.

I hope that explains it.

Al35ul

How do we know which script are allowed?? I have asked support about the scripts I use. Can I get a list which is allowed and which are banned? Why are you destroyed the script that make the game easier to play?
Can you provide us with a legal list please???
I have made a post in this thread already regarding that but to answer your question, providing a list will most likely not be possible but I am waiting on an answer on it. The reason for this is because The West does not own any of the scripts. The owner of the scripts can make changes to it, which yes can be positive but can also be negative. Such changes can affect/damage player accounts thus it is the player's responsibility whether or not they add the script to their account (provided that the script is allowed).
Most scripts that were allowed before can still be used unless we have directly made their use illegal (e.g. duel warner, silver/gold script, inventory reloaded etc).

If, any scripts get changed so that they are no longer within the game's rules, we will announce it and make sure players know of it.

Nisa

excactly asdf124 I would had hoped, the mods could / would give me a reply

My question still stands ;) and my answer later.

Al35ul is repeating same thing over and over again without giving an simple answer. Use of banned script on NET but allowed on other markets ,like script for gold / silver jobs is years old issue that was pointed out before many times and nothing was done about it. My first guess was maybe that was the reason for such wording to make it clear : use and abuse of scripts is not allowed but it still cant be explained with 1 line because there are scripts that are making players game life enjoyable.

Easiest solution would be regular updated list of allowed scripts,like Helen and you and others asked for. If it's not on the list it is not allowed, simple. But for that is needed someone who cares about the players and game enough to do that for them and to check scripts..and actually do something.

Until someone says they will take care of it, players will be getting answers like ' providing a list will most likely not be possible but I am waiting on an answer ' and then ' If, any scripts get changed so that they are no longer within the game's rules, we will announce it and make sure players know of it. ' which makes no sense to me. No list , but they will announce possible changes. so it gets messy and not transparent for players. ok.

Al35ul

All scripts that are banned on .net are banned on all other servers. It might be that some players state that they are not on their home server, but this is usually false information.

Until I get further information on it, I'm afraid the answer still is '' providing a list will most likely not be possible but I am waiting on an answer ''. As previously mentioned, most if not all scripts that were previously allowed still are. If you have any doubts about specific scripts, please do send us a ticket or ask the question here.

flarian

All scripts that are banned on .net are banned on all other servers. It might be that some players state that they are not on their home server, but this is usually false information.

U mean scripts aren't allowed on their respective home servers?? or u mean ppl can't be from other servers like u mentioned here??????

Until I get further information on it, I'm afraid the answer still is '' providing a list will most likely not be possible but I am waiting on an answer ''. As previously mentioned, most if not all scripts that were previously allowed still are. If you have any doubts about specific scripts, please do send us a ticket or ask the question here.

U are a mod right? why do u need to ask for permission to make a list of allowed scripts, when u just told us it was allowed, so u can make the list?
u are controdicting urselve with this post saying scripts are allowed, because u still have no comfirmation of those above u.

Apelatia

@Al35ul We have a list here which has been maintained both in its current forum and in a previous thread for many years. Scripts aren't made for The West at a particularly fast rate, with it being such an old game, so maintaining it would be a very low effort job on the part of the team. Clarification in the rules and a link to that thread would be an easy fix.

The current one-liner is lazy, poorly worded and is only going to cause yourselves a headache. Your ticket volume will increase and you'll be advertising a rule that you won't have the mod numbers to enforce.

NovaStar

@Al35ul We have a list here which has been maintained both in its current forum and in a previous thread for many years. Scripts aren't made for The West at a particularly fast rate, with it being such an old game, so maintaining it would be a very low effort job on the part of the team. Clarification in the rules and a link to that thread would be an easy fix.

The current one-liner is lazy, poorly worded and is only going to cause yourselves a headache. Your ticket volume will increase and you'll be advertising a rule that you won't have the mod numbers to enforce.

That list (again) is not maintained in its current form anymore...many of those scripts are no longer stand-a-lone and have now been merged INTO TW-Essesntials...if you try to go to install page for many of those, you will read that and be redirected to:

kuro90

Scripts are not a property or a product of the game. These are external tools developed by external people. We, as InnoGames, don't have any control over the source code of those scripts, and hence we can't "clearly" allow their use in the game.
Every player uses them at its own risk, and as long as a script is not intended as an abuse of the game, going against the T&C of the game, I can confidently say that you won't receive a ban. (So using scripts that were "allowed" until now shouldn't create any problem as long as the intent of the script remains the same).
I hope you understand that we can't allow something that is not in our "power". As per all the games, external tools/scripts/add-ons are always used at players' risk.
It won't be added further explanations on this topic since we can't officially allow/not allow any external script anymore.

Pankreas PorFavor

U mean scripts aren't allowed on their respective home servers?? or u mean ppl can't be from other servers like u mentioned here??????

He is saying that some players say "this script is allowed on my home server" but it is not allowed, and they're not telling the truth (maybe because they're misinformed).
If it is not allowed on .net, it is not allowed on .de, .fr, .tr etc.

flarian

He is saying that some players say "this script is allowed on my home server" but it is not allowed, and they're not telling the truth (maybe because they're misinformed).
If it is not allowed on .net, it is not allowed on .de, .fr, .tr etc.

I know this is the case.
But the way he answered it. Is as well written as the rules. and only make more questionmarks then answers.
Like we have shown for alot of posts allready.
And this topic is allready alive for more then 2 weeks and still no hotfix for the rules.

Pankreas PorFavor

I know this is the case.
But the way he answered it. Is as well written as the rules. and only make more questionmarks then answers.
Like we have shown for alot of posts allready.

And you. Also write like. That. ;)
In my opinion, it was all perfectly clear. Maybe some people who don't use English regularly need to read it twice, but it is not that difficult to understand.

And this topic is allready alive for more then 2 weeks and still no hotfix for the rules.

I really don't understand why people are nitpicking about it? They already said that there is no impact on the way we play the game, everything stays the same they just re-worded some of the rules. It's not like this is an international nuclear arms agreement, it's game rules... ;) Inno practically doesn't work on this game at all, is anyone really worried that they'll be banned because they're younger than 16 or something? There are so many other things that should be improved or fixed, and now the words of the rules that didn't change in meaning or intent are a priority? Did everyone suddenly become a lawyer? LOL
I mean, debate about it all you want, but it all feels so irrelevant when the whole state of the game is considered. They are not fixing adventures, duels, barely touched FFs, but you think they will jump on wording of the rules? Nah...

Bill Paxton

Scripts are not a property or a product of the game. These are external tools developed by external people. We, as InnoGames, don't have any control over the source code of those scripts, and hence we can't "clearly" allow their use in the game.

Uhm, I don't want to call you out and I understand that not every TW mod team has the man, or woman, power to keep an allowed-plugins forum thread.
However, at least the german TW rules (old and new ones) explicitly state that user scripts are permitted as long as they are explicitly allowed in this forum thread. And "As long as a script has not been allowed by the team it's usage is forbidden.".

[...] as long as a script is not intended as an abuse of the game, going against the T&C of the game, I can confidently say that you won't receive a ban.

IMO it would have avoided confusion to reflect this in the rules, like this for example:
"The use of bots or scripts is strictly forbidden. Scripts that are not going against the T&C of the game are tolerated."

(So using scripts that were "allowed" until now shouldn't create any problem as long as the intent of the script remains the same).

Got it now. I can keep using my scripts. Thank you.

I hope you understand that we can't allow something that is not in our "power".

See above :)

Bill Paxton

@Pankreas

I would agree with you, but it's not like someone looked up a years old rule and said "Guys look! I found a loophole." It was the TW team that announced the new rules.
And unless I am missing something the new rule in its words explicitly forbids any scripts.
I am glad that this was brought up it got clarified that this is not the case.