Game Rules changes 2020 - Questions

HEXYOURDADDY

is TW CALC now a forbidden script because of the wardrobe feature?

and "noob" is not a respectful taunt, newb is but noob is most definitely considered an offensive insult.

Is there away that INNO would provide a list of approved Scripts? Like TWDB or TWCALC??? This way we dont violate. There are those of us that have spent Real life hard earned money just to get banned because we dont understand everything to do with computers. Just my two cents...

DeletedUser34084

Is there away that INNO would provide a list of approved Scripts? Like TWDB or TWCALC??? This way we dont violate. There are those of us that have spent Real life hard earned money just to get banned because we dont understand everything to do with computers. Just my two cents...

There you go. I was a moderator at the time of making that list, this is the closest you'll ever get to having an official list.

LE: Reading the new rule again - it kind of sounds like *no* scripts will be allowed in the future. @kuro90 could you confirm that?

Attachments

• 1599392294301.png
    1599392294301.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

U can't abuse the player physical, or u need to visit them personal. In game it's pure mental.
If physical is duelling non-stop, it's a game mechanic and if u ko that person. he gets dueller protection.

but define mentally. because u can state an oppinion to start a discussion. and the other thinks that is offensive, even though that was the point to discuss.

I believe their has been cases of self harm due to peer pressure or otherwise. Which can mean physical, ie pushing a player to commit suicide is an example.

Absolutely agree. Noob is allowed.

Why is noob considered to be respectful?

"Noob is widely used by gamers as an insult during games and in memes–and sometimes as self-deprecation. Gamers or folks steeped in internet culture also use noob as a general insult for a naive, foolish, or clumsy person. " - according to dictionary dot com

Noob is really a disrespectful slur designed by anyone who doesn't agree with how another player acts or plays the game. For example, if a cowboy's/cowgirl's wardrobe is chosen by a player not to give advantage in game play but because of personal style or whatever, then the player could be subjected to insults. Not that I personally would want to do anything about that because after all we all can't have the same viewpoints. By making note in the rules that the term "noob" is allowed however in my mind promotes the practice of using insults.

and also..

"A noob is thought of as having no respect for the rules and does not seem to want to do anything for himself. So noob has become an offensive term on the internet. To behave like a noob can mean getting disrespect and a lack of interest from other players. " according to simplewikipedia dot org

The use of noob can also apply to peer pressure which is really opinion based designed by a majority or loudest players who desire to have the game played a specific way. If a player is actually breaking rules, ignoring or in severe cases reporting would be more logical action than applying name labeling?

The thing with the world today is, we can basically get insulted by anything. I for one can't be insulted cause usually the person who insults me is usually wrong about me. So, if something is false, why would I be insulted by it? I don't really get the logic behind it. And if its true, then I know what could be wrong with me, and you know work into improving myself...... A win-win situation.....

Also, have you seen all those beautiful beaches out their. I am talking about dogs.

I am pretty sure someone out their would be insulted by that somehow.

So being skeptic about the holocaust being only against Jews is wrong? I don't really think it was just the Jews that died during that but that is just my opinion

Some things like this would most likely either insult someone, simply mentally scar someone or simply put you in the hate list.

Poker Alice

@asdf124 I'm attempting to understand the logic behind the rules. If "taunting" is mentioned in the rules of the game as allowable then isn't that a contradiction to the other rules? Why is noob even mentioned? - was my question.

Not all rules are even ever enforced but in place if needed.

asdf124

@asdf124 I'm attempting to understand the logic behind the rules. If "taunting" is mentioned in the rules of the game as allowable then isn't that a contradiction to the other rules? Why is noob even mentioned? - was my question.

Not all rules are even ever enforced but in place if needed.
Anything other than noob is allowed. Ie calling someone a beach isn't as you know what that person actually meant. However, what I was saying actually referring to was myself and if someone tries to insult me. Go ahead, its not really my place to judge you, might be someone who had a bad day and is just venting.(I won't report you)

But if you call someone a noob, nobette or whatever the other ones are would be allowed. As the generalization over time of that specific word is not derogatory, and it was decided by whomever wrote those rules.

Calling a child a baby would be an insult to that child. Oh boy do I wish sometimes I was a baby again, no more worries.

NovaStar

There you go. I was a moderator at the time of making that list, this is the closest you'll ever get to having an official list.

LE: Reading the new rule again - it kind of sounds like *no* scripts will be allowed in the future. @kuro90 could you confirm that?
That's an old link, it has now been updated, with most of those scripts now merged together into one:

This is the one I'm asking clarification on from Kuro90

Last edited:
I disabled all the scripts that were on the approved list on the forum's script catalog.

When another char asks to craft 500 resin for them, I'll have to click 500 times? I don't mind click+hold until the number reaches 500. We all know what happens if we click 500 times too quick, the server freaks out and kicks us out of the game for 10 minutes.

Maybe inno will continue to allow some scripts or incorporate features into the game that make playing the game a little easier for some tasks. Then again, they did create events that make us click 15 second jobs 2000 times to get rye. :rolleyes:

C'mon Inno, make the game somewhat enjoyable.

asdf124

I disabled all the scripts that were on the approved list on the forum's script catalog.

When another char asks to craft 500 resin for them, I'll have to click 500 times? I don't mind click+hold until the number reaches 500. We all know what happens if we click 500 times too quick, the server freaks out and kicks us out of the game for 10 minutes.
You can use mouse scroll on the + sign to make it easier at increasing/decreasing the amount. edit or you can simply use the html editing to change the number.

flarian

I believe their has been cases of self harm due to peer pressure or otherwise. Which can mean physical, ie pushing a player to commit suicide is an example.

This would still mean mental abuse. it just is mental abuse till the point the player does something phyisical to himselve. at that point the team would allready have failed. to respond to the mental aspect.

Dubjean

These are the same rules that have been around for awhile just some of the wording has been changed. There are a few issues on them that we've seen in the past. One is that there are those players that will find anything to report to the mod team while being instigators of a situation. The instigator gets ignored while the other player gets points against them. The second is that many things are subjective to the mod teams interpretation and whether or not they 'like' a player. This is human nature. These rules have basically shut down the saloon chats because people are not taking a chance that they may offend someone in any way and be reported, which has happened. There are some of us that don't report when we probably should about comments said to and about us and there are others that will report anything they deem offensive in any way.

If you are playing a game played by many people from all over the world then there are going to be disagreements, frustrations, and derogatory statements said to others. It is the same as in real life. There are differences between harassment and making a comment on their behavior. Anyone that disagrees with others is said to be 'causing drama' in the game but there are very few of us that would say this in real life to others. Why is this type of harassment allowed which is pointing fingers, disregarding their point of view, and basically calling them troublemakers for just voicing their opinions when other types of name-calling is not allowed? Does someone need to call me an idiot to be against the rules or is being called a snake also against it? Just pointing out that many of these are very subjective on whether or not someone deems something as offensive, whether or not it is reported even if it is offensive, how it is perceived by the mod team based on the comment and the people involved, and any penalty received if any.

HelenBack

True... This is the new text from the New Changes post.

------------------

§7) Bots, Scripts, Macros and Proxies

The use of bots or scripts is strictly forbidden.

Examples:

It is prohibited including, but not limited to:

• the use of bots or scripts that automatically collect your resources;
  • the use of click-bots or scripts that minimize your manual clicks;
  • the use of programs that mimic premium features or provide an unfair advantage
------------------

The use of bots or scripts is strictly forbidden. <-- Sounds like we aren't allowed to use ANY scripts...

What about: westforts - Forum thread - Website - Install link <--- Great place to review Battles and make maps of battle strategies.

What about: The-West Best Friends - Install link - Forum post <--- Do we really need to send event items (Hearts, Pretzels, etc) without the script??

What about: tw-db ClothCalc - Website - Forum Thread - Install Page <--- Been around for years...

What about: TW-Calc - Website <--- A great way to keep track of quests, share Inventory, etc...

Those are just a few of the scripts that have been used by many players...

It would be helpful if someone from Inno could please make an official list of scripts that are allowed. Then if a new script is created, there can be a link to create a request to allow it to be added to the "Approved" list. The "Approved" list should be updated as needed by mods. Maybe the post can be marked as "Important" under "The Western Star" section? Also, maybe include a list of scripts that are NOT approved so people will know for sure. Anything not listed will then need to go through the approval process and added to either the "Approved" or "NOT Approved" list.

I do like the list that xShteff made... But is it up-to-date? Should some scripts be removed from the list?

Only script I knew was NOT approved was the Gold Job Finder script... Now we aren't allowed any? :blink:

We really need clarification on the change for this rule... and the others. :)

NovaStar

That's an old link, it has now been updated, with most of those scripts now merged together into one:

This is the one I'm asking clarification on from Kuro90

That link provided by both xShteff and Helen Back for scripts is outdated (https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/updated-script-catalog.56967/ )
"Only script I knew was NOT approved was the Gold Job Finder script..." AND Duel Warner...
(great suggestion, Helen, by the way)

. Most of those scripts have been disabled and merged into The-West-Essentials. This is my THIRD request for clarification, please on:

https://the-west-scripts.github.io/The-West-Essentials/

(from Kuro90 or other Inno "staff")

Last edited:

Al35ul

True... This is the new text from the New Changes post.

------------------

§7) Bots, Scripts, Macros and Proxies

The use of bots or scripts is strictly forbidden.

Examples:

It is prohibited including, but not limited to:

• the use of bots or scripts that automatically collect your resources;
  • the use of click-bots or scripts that minimize your manual clicks;
  • the use of programs that mimic premium features or provide an unfair advantage
------------------

The use of bots or scripts is strictly forbidden. <-- Sounds like we aren't allowed to use ANY scripts...

What about: westforts - Forum thread - Website - Install link <--- Great place to review Battles and make maps of battle strategies.

What about: The-West Best Friends - Install link - Forum post <--- Do we really need to send event items (Hearts, Pretzels, etc) without the script??

What about: tw-db ClothCalc - Website - Forum Thread - Install Page <--- Been around for years...

What about: TW-Calc - Website <--- A great way to keep track of quests, share Inventory, etc...

Those are just a few of the scripts that have been used by many players...

It would be helpful if someone from Inno could please make an official list of scripts that are allowed. Then if a new script is created, there can be a link to create a request to allow it to be added to the "Approved" list. The "Approved" list should be updated as needed by mods. Maybe the post can be marked as "Important" under "The Western Star" section? Also, maybe include a list of scripts that are NOT approved so people will know for sure. Anything not listed will then need to go through the approval process and added to either the "Approved" or "NOT Approved" list.

I do like the list that xShteff made... But is it up-to-date? Should some scripts be removed from the list?

Only script I knew was NOT approved was the Gold Job Finder script... Now we aren't allowed any? :blink:

We really need clarification on the change for this rule... and the others. :)

Not all scripts are illegal. The rule refers to the use of scripts that give players an unfair advantage,such as the duel warner and the silver/gold scripts (and of course the ones listed in the original post).

Scripts such as westforts, friends script, twdb etc are allowed

HelenBack

Not all scripts are illegal. The rule refers to the use of scripts that give players an unfair advantage,such as the duel warner and the silver/gold scripts (and of course the ones listed in the original post).

Scripts such as westforts, friends script, twdb etc are allowed

Just to make things completely clear for everyone... It would be very helpful to have a full list of "Approved" and "NOT Approved" scripts. Then it gives one point to refer to. For new and old players. :) Also with a link for people who create new scripts to submit them for approval... For future use.

Al35ul

Just to make things completely clear for everyone... It would be very helpful to have a full list of "Approved" and "NOT Approved" scripts. Then it gives one point to refer to. For new and old players. :) Also with a link for people who create new scripts to submit them for approval... For future use.

This is a bit of a gray area but I can ask. Most likely providing a list of approved scripts won't be a thing as The West is not the owner of the scripts and thus we do not update/change scripts. The owner of the script/s can make changes at any time and thus we do not want to encourage players to use the scripts by providing an "approved list".

Of course,if any scripts get changed so that they offer unfair advantages,we can take action.

The game rules as well as the T&C covers on this if you wish to have info on it.

DeletedUser15368

There are some scripts that I consider essential, for their features, and I highly encourage players to use them. The way to discourage script use is adding their essential features to the base game for everyone, not vaguely saying some scripts are illegal, but we can't tell you which ones. A list of banned script-features perhaps could do the job for player's own knowledge, as well as providing a framework for scripters, who are the absolute MVP of the West community by the way, providing us with quality of life content and mechanical fixes where Inno have not.

Just don't use gold/silver job finders or anything that replicates a premium feature, and you'll be right in your own mind.

Last edited by a moderator: