Friends list

DeletedUser37321

I'm wondering if inno could make our friends list larger? With the recent influx of new migrating members, i find myself having to remove old time friends from other alliances just to add new townies. Could it be made to hold 200?

DeletedUser38810

you have to consider that the number of friends has an impact on the events, the more friends you have active the more hearts, eggs, pretzels, rockets and flowers you will receive

if the maximum number of friends is increased, the number of goal points for the events and the prices of the plays would have to be reconstructed

Due to the reduction of players that is happening in the last years, I would support the idea, as long as that does not affect much the goals of the events

Slygoxx

Why would you want to add a player to your friend list? What added benefit is there for you to have someone on it, besides the extra stuff during events?

asdf124

Why would you want to add a player to your friend list? What added benefit is there for you to have someone on it, besides the extra stuff during events?
To socialize I would guess if it was other than extra stuff during events.

Considering that 90% of players don't use it for so.

The chat system isn't what it used to be, you used to be able to whisper anyone, whether he/she was on in your saloon, or not even in any chat room you are in(including not in your friendlist).

DeletedUser38817

Even if the limit was 200 you would still remove players during events and add new players but just on a larger scale so in reality it is not going to make any difference whatsoever. Most ppl don't even use the friends list unless they are trading/ checking to see if certain friends are online and the only purpose of the friends list nowadays is events.

HelenBack

I've asked for the Friend Limit to be increased a few times... Inno doesn't seem to believe that anyone could have that many friends. :p

I still have 25+ on my wait list in a few worlds and full on all but one... I think (not counting old worlds that are being closed). With people migrating from the old worlds, I'm constantly having to apologize for not being able to add them. And I want to! But Inno won't let me. :(

Here's my previous plea:
https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/increase-maximum-friends.56373/

You used to be able to whisper anyone even if they were not in your town/alliance/saloon/friend list... But that changed a while ago.

Oh... and it's not all about the events... I chat with the majority of the people on my friend lists. Only a few are "fillers". lol

DeletedUser38810

then

I think that in order not to have to impact the modifications of the events, more than a list of friends, I think you ask for a list of contacts (like an agenda or a list of phone contacts), it would be a way to have friends aggregates and make it easier to whisper or write to them without necessarily influencing this in the events (so we leave the list of friends in 100

It would be a question of developers implementing it or asking for permission and creating a script to have a list of contacts