Friend Notifications

DeletedUser5273

Minor Idea:
We should have the ability to toggle off friend notifications. It's a bit annoying while fort fighting on several worlds at the same time. Unfriending players is not the answer.
Reason:
It is a well observed fact that these notifications slow older machines when they are in the process of displaying and can interfere with the game play as they are interfering with the real estate of the browsing window.
Proposed Solution:
Ability to toggle off these notifications in the Settings panel.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree. I also find those pop-ups annoying. Being able to turn them on/off would be good.
Plus when you 'unfriend' someone, you have to go through all the hassle of asking them to be your friend again when the next event starts that requires sending stuff.

DeletedUser34408

We should have the ability to toggle off friend notifications. It's a bit annoying while fort fighting on several worlds at the same time. Unfriending players is not the answer.

+1 Though labelling "a bit annoying" is a understatement, at times everything freezes for a few seconds, I have missed out on market auctions that I usually time to the second, had my character Ko'd in a Fort Fight because of the friend notification function freezing my screen, can we please put this to a vote, or even better just provide a toggle feature.

DeletedUser35533

its really a strain my pc. it would be nice if they changed it or if someone made a script to just get rid of it.
+1 Though labelling "a bit annoying" is a understatement, at times everything freezes for a few seconds, I have missed out on market auctions that I usually time to the second, had my character Ko'd in a Fort Fight because of the friend notification function freezing my screen, can we please put this to a vote, or even better just provide a toggle feature.
what are your system specs rem,etc? I often wonder if my PC is just to old or if the game is glitch as hell.

DeletedUser36559

Yes my computer also slows down a bit when a friend notification pops up and it does get annoying during fort fights.

DeletedUser33342

Heya,
I'm convinced there are no stupid questions:
what do you mean with friend notifications? Whisper? Or the "Micky12 is now online"?

DeletedUser33342

Did you try to switch off the game tips, game animations and tips? :)

DeletedUser33342

Nevertheless, I can imagine a lot of people do not know, though it's easy, how to install or do not want a bunch of scripts installed on their PC, I'd still vote yes for this proposal. :)

DeletedUser

Agreed. The script is useful but it took me a long time before I started using them as I was very wary. So I still say yes to this proposal.

DeletedUser

SORRY
to any friends I deleted. But when I asked the support team to fix the problem that my screen freezes every time a friend logs on, and Support said i need to delete some friends to see if it will stop. lol I just added friends for the Romeo Event, thats when i noticed the problem. So I sent in a ticket and this was the response I got back.
Do you have a lot of friends? We can't easily check that, unfortunately, but having a lot of friends does influence the performance of the game.
Respectfully,
Slygoxx
Senior Marshal
JUST FIX IT

DeletedUser35120

Just use the script posted above. Can help you for the time being until they fix it themselves.

DeletedUser30224

Initial post has been formatted slightly as this proposal will be submitted to developers.

Side note to Old Badger, and a reminder to all of you as well: As Moderators we have little to no impact on the development process. Developers are employees of InnoGames, we are volunteers that are part of the community that plays the game. Our role at most extends to influence the ingame GM events and Forum events.

DeletedUser

Has the script stopped working? Every script was deleted from my computer today by some unknown force. I reinstalled them all, but the one that stops the 'XXX is online' message popping up, isn't working anymore. :( Is anyone else experiencing this, or is this just my vengeful computer out to get me some more? :huh: :hmf: