Friday Sale Feedback

RaiderTr

(https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/western-black-friday-2019.58584)

I'm mainly positive about this sale. There isn't really anything "OP" , unless you are playing on the (already dead) newest server.
Would be good seeing the individual item bonuses though.

I'm glad there is no new FF Damager weapon set or anything of sorts. And Lucille weapon set is "Ok" at this point.

As for J. Fry.. Well, mount and saddle are clearly underpowered. (Just compare it to Zapata's)
While Weapons are slightly better than Zapata's so it's an option if you wanna prefer spending real money.

And if you wanna use all 4 items, well, you could, but I personally don't think it'd worth the real money.
That being said, if you have the 3 (or 4 with both knife and shotgun) items already, you definitely should get the Rifle.
On a side note idk why "Shotgun" has 10 less resistance than Knife.

> Of course comparisons above are Nugget set v Tombola.
Otherwise pretty much everything is "trash" compared to the power of Union Officer. Beyond madness it's still not being nerfed even a bit.

Btw, idk how its "48 hours" if it's "from November 29th 12:00 until November 30th 10:59"
Isn't that less than 24 hours? :roll:

Last edited:

DeletedUser39379

Can we get the prices for J Fry Rifle & Western friday items? Or can we only see that ingame when the sale starts?

mxj1337

It isn't OP, but still western friday's set is bery good exp set and tradeable 70% exp weapons are must have in every group (alliance at least)to borrow from time to time if someone want to exp.

AFAIK they never tell the prices before begining of the sale.

also btw: about those 2 auctions with unique items per world, are they gonna be the same as last year? https://forum.beta.the-west.net/index.php?threads/western-friday-sale.3382/#post-35438 ?
Then the items won't be that unique xD

DeletedUser37186

This tab will be available for 48 hours from November 29rd 12:00 until December 1st 11:59.

Black Friday sales!!

Pankreas PorFavor

Friday hat, pants and coat (2013 items) should be in one chest, and belt, shoes and bowtie (2018 items) in another. Or even make each item available separately.
If you bought the first 3 Friday items years ago, but missed the 2018 sale, you now have to buy the old items again if you want to have the complete set. Sure, you can sell those double items on the market, but I don't think this is really fair.

asdf124

Friday hat, pants and coat (2013 items) should be in one chest, and belt, shoes and bowtie (2018 items) in another. Or even make each item available separately.
If you bought the first 3 Friday items years ago, but missed the 2018 sale, you now have to buy the old items again if you want to have the complete set. Sure, you can sell those double items on the market, but I don't think this is really fair.
feels weird if the pricing is still the same.

RaiderTr

Idk the previous prices but I think they are exactly the same?

So now that we know prices and individual bonuses..

> Fry Weapons being 400 nuggets each is just ridiculous for their worth. Union Weapons was exactly the same price and at least thrice the worth of these.
(Why "Shotgun" still has 10 more resistance than Knife though?)

> Friday weapons with set bonus have %70 Xp bonus. That's double of the highest in the game right now and just Too much.

And an interesting fact:
You can actually buy them one by one in Beta. http://prntscr.com/q3tcpr

Last edited:

asdf124

Idk the previous prices but I think they are exactly the same?

So now that we know prices and individual bonuses..

> Fry Weapons being 400 nuggets each is just ridiculous for their worth. Union Weapons was exactly the same price and at least thrice the worth of these.

> Friday weapons with set bonus have %70 Xp bonus. That's double of the highest in the game right now and just Too much.

And an interesting fact:
You can actually buy them one by one in Beta. http://prntscr.com/q3tcpr
20% sale on a 1 year old set, 0% sale on a 5 year items. Makes 100% sense.

DeletedUser15368

£50, for an old set, as a "thank you" to players. Oof. Completely out-of-touch with reality. Call it as it is, you're exploiting this dying community with a premium only sale, as is tradition on this great Capitalist holiday, right after they are thankful for all that they have nonetheless (gods bless America),
I'll take my "thanks" in the form of tangible PVP balance updates, then I'd consider spending £50 on pixels as the base game is actually fun again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

£50, for an old set, as a "thank you" to players. Oof. Completely out-of-touch with reality. Call it as it is, you're exploiting this dying community with a premium only sale, as is tradition on this great Capitalist holiday, right after they are thankful for all that they have nonetheless (gods bless America),
I'll take my "thanks" in the form of tangible PVP balance updates, then I'd consider spending £50 on pixels as the base game is actually fun again.

At least UO wasn't offered again. If it had, my 10-year love affair with this game would have been over.