French Community - On vous attend

DeletedUser

Hi French Cow boy ;)

We come from french server and we arrived on Briscoe 15 days Ago. We are good players on the french server and we're searching other French Member for our cities.

We are 48 for the moment in the city Nouvelle France in B2

We just begin the construction of our second city to recruit New Members. We're waiting you French Cowboys...contact Robigno

---------------------------------------------

Salut à toi Francophone,

Nous venons des serveurs Français et nous recherchons des nouveaux membres pour nos villes. Nous sommes ici pour représenter les francophone de tout horizon (Belges, Canadiens, Francais...) et nous venons de commencer Briscoe il y a 15 jours. Nous sommes tous d'excellent joueurs sur les serveurs français.

Actuellement, nous sommes 48 (dans la ville : la Nouvelle france en B2), c'est pourquoi nous venons juste de commencer la construction d'une deuxième ville...nous allons donc avoir rapidement de la place pour les nouveaux membres. On t'attend donc pour représenter les francophones dans ce monde Anglais ;-). Contacte Robigno IG

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29519

We are already 60 French!
Come to join us!
------------------------
Nous sommes déjà 60 français !
Venez nous rejoindre !
------------------------

Nouvelle France, en case B2, Comté Ghosts County.
fondée le samedi 13 novembre.
44 habitants.

Ancienne France, en case D2, Comté Destruction Zone.
fondée le samedi 28 novembre.
16 habitants.

DeletedUser

i dont speak a word of french, but i know that the french paragraph is not a translation of the english.

i also have a great dislike for towns on the english language server that choose members based on their country of origin or language. oh and is also against the rules of the west. yeah you may say non french speakers are welcome but they would be ostracised due to french chat and french forums.

also this is not the correct place to post a recruitment thread.

p.s. dont think im being a Francophobe - i have a dislike for the all Finnish, all croat/salvic towns, all brazilian etc that are out there on a number of the english language worlds.

DeletedUser

Why do you need to make French player towns when you can play French worlds? :blink: Not being offensive, but I don't see the point.

DeletedUser29519

Sorry if I do not very well speak English, I use a translator to use...

We are French, and we play on the French worlds.
But we wanted to try the English adventure, to meet English, to play with you.
Yes, we speak French, but as the rule asks for it, we translate as we can in English our French speeches, on the forum and in our presentations.
Even on the internal forum of our city, we translate into English our presentations, even if we cannot translate everything everywhere obviously.
English are not forbidden in our cities.
We even asked of the help English workers.
Nobody came, but we would have welcomed well them.
Imagine...
We are French, and as in the really History of West, we go off to explore the New World!
And how in the real history, we meet in front of English!
French and English often fought for the territories of the New World.
I find that brilliant whom we are all here, on an international server. I saw Turkish, people of the Eastern Europe for example.
And if English have the idea to make the same thing on a French world, I would find that brilliant to see over there a completely English city!

Nous sommes français, et nous jouons sur les mondes français.
Mais nous avons eu envie de tenter l'aventure anglaise, rencontrer des anglais, jouer avec vous.
Oui, nous parlons français, mais comme la règle le demande, nous traduisons comme nous pouvons en anglais nos discours français, sur le forum et dans nos présentations.
Même sur le forum interne de notre ville, nous traduisons en anglais nos présentations, même si nous ne pouvons pas tout traduire partout évidemment.
Les anglais ne sont pas interdits dans nos villes.
Nous avons même demandé de l'aide à des ouvriers anglais.
Aucun n'est venu, mais on les aurait bien accueillis.
Imaginez...
Nous sommes français, et comme dans la vrai Histoire du West, nous partons à la découverte du nouveau monde !
Et comme dans la vraie histoire, nous nous retrouvons face aux anglais !
Les français et les anglais se sont souvent battus pour les territoires du Nouveau Monde.
Je trouve ça génial que nous nous soyons tous ici, sur un serveur international. J'ai vu des turcs, des gens de l'Europe de l'Est par exemple.
Et si des anglais ont l'idée de faire la même chose sur un monde français, je trouverais ça génial de voir là-bas une ville entièrement anglaise !

DeletedUser

So, you're a genius ;-)

lol, no but there are alot more words in the french paragraphs to the english :p

sorry, sarah jane butler, but i still dont like towns only or primarily selecting people of one nationality or spoken language and recruiting drives based on those. i think you also contradict yourself with your last paragraph.

good luck with the game :)

DeletedUser

LOL i think Sarah Jane had some very good answers,and of course it's perfectly legal to do that as long as others are not outright rejected.

I'll add more,we can gain and learn from players from other communities, sometimes they do things better ,or have better information/better insight on some features of the game,or they might have a game update earlier than us.A prime example of that would be DE players.
So this also could answer why a player from community X would play in community Y.

As to why said player would still want his original community to play,well the answer is Fort-fighting of course.Your town cannot be competitive (ie:fort-fighting champion contender) unless you have a critical mass of players in the same time zone.

DeletedUser29519

Annan Kofi: I think that it does not contradict itself.
We can have a French community in a completely French city, but without refusing English. If some come, they are welcome.
Also, a completely English city on a French world could welcome some French who want to go with them.

It would put even of the spine in the game.
Some people will call them traitors.
Others will say that they are opened to the others, and will dream about an opened world where we shall mix all one day!
In brief, as in the real life, in case of French-English war in the New World...

Thank you Saltin.

Personally, I have already participated in battles of fort with English.
It was very interesting.
Even if I was grateful to translate the orders which I did not understand, with a translator opened close, not to be supposed to be for an idiot who understands nothing and follows the given orders. Lol

I really encourage English to try a similar adventure on the French worlds.
Imagine: a world where we would have French cities and English cities!
It would be brilliant!

We here, we are an exception.
Regrettably...
Or fortunately, for those who do not like too much that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kofi annan
: je pense que cela ne se contredit pas.
On peut avoir une communauté française dans une ville entièrement française, mais sans pour autant refuser des anglais. Si certains viennent, ils sont les bienvenus.
De même, une ville entièrement anglaise sur un monde français pourrait accueillir les quelques français qui veulent aller avec eux.

Cela mettrait même du piquant au jeu.
Certains les appelleront des traitres.
D'autres diront qu'ils sont ouverts aux autres, et rêveront d'un monde ouvert où nous nous mélangerons tous un jour !
Bref, comme dans la vie réelle, en cas de guerre franco-anglaise dans le nouveau monde...

Merci Saltin.

Personnellement, j'ai déjà participé à des batailles de fort avec des anglais.
C'était très intéressant.
Même si j'étais obligée de traduire les ordres que je ne comprenais pas, avec un traducteur ouvert à côté, pour ne pas passer pour une idiote qui ne comprend rien et ne suit pas les ordres donnés. lol

J'encourage vraiment les anglais à tenter une aventure semblable sur les mondes français.
Imaginez : un monde où on aurait des villes françaises et des villes anglaises !
Ce serait génial !

Nous ici, nous sommes une exception.
Malheureusement...
Ou heureusement, pour ceux qui n'aiment pas trop ça.

DeletedUser

As to why said player would still want his original community to play,well the answer is Fort-fighting of course.Your town cannot be competitive (ie:fort-fighting champion contender) unless you have a critical mass of players in the same time zone.

lol - sorry but your clutching at straws. I am part of towns on 4 worlds that are all competitive at fort battles, despite members being from Asia, North America (all time zones), Northern, Western and Eastern Europe.

also time zones dont stop peoples online times from overlapping. also despite it not being in the english text they are looking to recruit all french speakers, those from French speaking Canada would be better served playing with other North Americans, wouldnt they then? not to mention that they are not a european town looking to recruit, spanish and german members who are in the same time zone. its not a time zone town its a french speaking town.

if you notice alliances are needed to hold forts not just single towns, so it proberly wouldnt be a good idea in terms of fort battles to segregate yourself based on language, nationality or time zone. cant fill a large fort with 1 town can you? and if everyone knows you are all on CET it makes declaring and knowing the fort will be defended solely by offliners much easier.

Sarah Jane Butler
The contridiction that you repeat again is - this idea of French vs English. you talk about being open to a mutli national town and then come back to that point every time.

This is not some game about empires set in the 18th century, there is no Napoleon or Wellington, you are trying to insert a nationalistic element on to the server, and this game has no place for that in my opinion.

This game is set in the Wild West, nationality plays no role, everyone is a mercenary looking to make their way and fortune away from the eastern seaboard.

DeletedUser

Every game that has a large number of players that must do something at the same time often times has its players cluster among those who have the same time zone.It's just more efficient,it works better,it's proven it's been done that way a million times.Take WOW for example a game with millions of players,the best guilds there will not even admit you unless you can play in the same time zone.The requirements are almost always be a top player and play in the same time zone.

Again, your accusations of Sarah breaking the rules are unfounded and untrue,i suggest you read the rules so as you have a better understanding of what is allowed and what it not.

DeletedUser

its has not been an accusation of any breaking of the rules since it was said they wouldnt turn non french speakers away and that was dropped then.

it was only the french v english empires type slant which i see as a bit of a contradiction to saying your open to all. thats it, i may have a personal dislike of single nationality or language towns but im not blaming Sarah for those lol

and as for the same time zone thing, i repeat the whole of Europe (Excl a few countries) are on the same time as France and that French Canadians would therefore be better served being in towns with North Americans. making your point in this thread pretty mute.

DeletedUser

its has not been an accusation of any breaking of the rules since it was said they wouldnt turn non french speakers away and that was dropped then.

it was only the french v english empires type slant which i see as a bit of a contradiction to saying your open to all. thats it, i may have a personal dislike of single nationality or language towns but im not blaming Sarah for those lol

and as for the same time zone thing, i repeat the whole of Europe (Excl a few countries) are on the same time as France and that French Canadians would therefore be better served being in towns with North Americans. making your point in this thread pretty mute.

1st you whine.Then you edit your post but still accuse Sarah of breaking the rules.You know she could probably provide you with some fine French cheese to go with that wine.Finally you insist that my posting is irrelevant for calling you out and pointing your error.

Here is what i think you should do:

1st You should apologize to her for your igonorant (of the rules) post.
2nd You should welcome her to our community (that's the right thing to do).
3rd Not be a sore at me,my main contribution in this thread was pointing point 1 and 2.
4th Please stop hijacking her thread, you have been proven 100% wrong already.Let it go.

Peace.

DeletedUser

Telling you what.
I am myself native French speaker, and UK resident. 32 years in 1 country, 21 years in the other.

The bottom line is that if I go on a game server is 1 language, I use that language and not the other.
I will not even bother to write this down in French, as you are supposed to understand English if you post here at all.

If you WANT to have a French town, why don't you simply stay on the French servers? it is not as if there were not any...

And if you absolutely want to play on the English speaking servers, then do like everybody else, and join, or make, a multi-national town, but PLEASE do not try to make a town dominated by a language different from the official language of that server.

DeletedUser

Hello everyone :)

This will be my first message on this forum so I am pretty excited about it, but you don't need to take the champagne out!

I think the biggest advantage about this city is that we are all looking for RP. The people in the french cities are not the elite of the french community (I am really bad at this game I must confess but I still love it!), but we are people that always participate in the city.

I had never seen a city with that ambiance. This is really great, because for most of us we happen to be ennemies on other server (right Pandore? ^^)!

So I guess there are no contradictions; on the one hand we are open to friendship and anything actually ^^ but these are towns that were founded by French, so there is a huge identity.

What I am trying to say is that it makes a new couch for RP, this french-city-in-an-english-world. This is fun actually, don't you think?

The only fact that we are all here debating about the conception of the city, this makes me know that we made the good choice.

To sum up: we love you, but we are french, so things are going to be tense :)

DeletedUser

1st you whine.Then you edit your post but still accuse Sarah of breaking the rules.You know she could probably provide you with some fine French cheese to go with that wine.Finally you insist that my posting is irrelevant for calling you out and pointing your error.

Here is what i think you should do:

1st You should apologize to her for your igonorant (of the rules) post.
2nd You should welcome her to our community (that's the right thing to do).
3rd Not be a sore at me,my main contribution in this thread was pointing point 1 and 2.
4th Please stop hijacking her thread, you have been proven 100% wrong already.Let it go.

Peace.

lol your time zone point is still moot.

i have already wished them good luck and accepted they were not rule breaking when Sarah said she would accept english speaking applicants to the town. had you not tried to call me out i wouldnt have posted again after my second post ;)

no whining here what do i have to whine about? i let the against rules thing go (2nd post, again, sigh), but it seems you cant let me go, as i have said i dont like the nationalistic/empire slant. nothing more. but you keep going about your time zone thing - which as i have pointed out has nothing to do with language or nationality, hence its moot, unless you dont understand how geography and time work?

all questions are rhetorical. please move on. however im sure you would like the final word, so knock yourself out.