Fort repairs / maintenance after battle

Agfob

Howdy ladies & gents :)

I just heard this in Saloon in-game chat today, and have not heard about this before so I figured I will post it here as I think it's a simple but nice idea:

Idea:
After a fort battle (or after 3, 5, 10 fort battles) a fort would need some maintenance work.
Some products, e.g. wood and nails and some construction hours would be needed to repair the fort after a long battle.

What do you guys think about this?

much obliged,
Agfob

DeletedUser37529

this has come up several times over the years in idle chat about improvement to the game, for myself, I see it as a good idea, allowing builders to come back to work on a fort, I think it is well worth talking up.

DeletedUser35533

It another sink but I like it, I don't think it will affect the frequency of battles.

DeletedUser38817

If one alliance is dominating a world completely and they hog most of the forts, it can completely cause extinction of the opposition enemy and no forts would ever need to be built since no one wants to fight the dominating alliance but apart from that I think it's a nice addition to the game which shouldn't affect attendance in battles or the frequency of battles.

asdf124

How about you add food provisions, and supply to the fort?? I think a siege should have the ability to make the defense team to simply move off to steal food provisions off the attacking team is a great tactic to have....

If an attacking team doesn't have enough food, than it will simply gain a malnutrition buff which gets the team to lose health points unless they can replenish their supplies.

Last edited:

DeletedUser37529

I think that does not have to do with what Agfob or this thread is about asdf124, nor are food provisions part of the original game, as is building a fort.

DeletedUser24736

i look at it this way, people want their achievements, what do you do when there's still building achievements to finish but nothing left to build? easy! make repairs! heck, you can even renovate and make it a bob villa thing, "this old barracks"

you could even hold visuals competitions so people could make mock fixer upper parodies. i'll do one better, add a list of possible enhancements and mildly complex means to make them.