P&P Fort Iron Stone

• Thread starter DeletedUser9470
  • Start date

DeletedUser9470

73 fighters have attacked the Fort. 91 defenders defended.
40 attackers fell. 91 defenders fell.

any comments?

DeletedUser

Can I argument?

MC - 19 offliners
GC - 38 offliners

Professional - no; failure to arrange proper defence - yes.

Thank you,
GF

DeletedUser

Can I argument?

MC - 19 offliners
GC - 38 offliners

Professional - no; failure to arrange proper defence - yes.

Thank you,
GF

and this means?

GC still had the #s and even with that the active #s were 54 mc vs 53 gc, which ultimately doesnt mean much because defenders are usually outnumbered by at least 8 to start ie small fort battles

also in fort attacking the number of offliners significantly hinders the attackers because once the defenders circle away from the offliners they become useless and later just casualties of war

therefore the excuse of "offliner comparison" is invalid

DeletedUser

and this means?

GC still had the #s and even with that the active #s were 54 mc vs 53 gc, which ultimately doesnt mean much because defenders are usually outnumbered by at least 8 to start ie small fort battles

also in fort attacking the number of offliners significantly hinders the attackers because once the defenders circle away from the offliners they become useless and later just casualties of war

therefore the excuse of "offliner comparison" is invalid

Ok, I'll give deeper statistics:

Offliners (this time "online" 0-5 rounds, because I doubt 3 rounds online really counts as active player)

MC - 23
GC - 45

GF

PS. Actually your previous comment was enough. You outnumbered active players by 1. Knowing that you started at one side and circled around having LOS most of time your advantage only grow bigger. You can brag about this victory but it isn't anything spectacular. You have had better victories.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16008

Id agree GF but offliners dont have to be a burden especially in defense.

Widows fort

http://www.westforts.com/en10/battles/battle/3769

or the other week at tyrannys end

http://www.westforts.com/en10/battles/battle/4138

At both we had a lot of offliners but used them to the best possible advantage.

End of the day the advantage is always with defenders especially when the numbers are in their favor. It is rare for attackers to take built forts even with full numbers and without the movement leadership etc the examples of the above two can happen.

There was a time when people said taking forts built and/or full on def wasnt possible. Now its become almost expected that if the numbers are just even at the beginning then we will win.

Id say thats a testament to those on W10 it sure as heck dosn't happen anywhere else that ive seen.

So yes an epic fail on the defenders part for offliners but also a dang good show of professional players on attack.

BTW GF why dont you take up the banner for leadership ? your a good egg and you seem to have your head screwed on properly...they could do a lot worse imo.

Good luck

DeletedUser

Ok, I'll give deeper statistics:

Offliners (this time "online" 0-5 rounds, because I doubt 3 rounds online really counts as active player)

MC - 23
GC - 45

GF

PS. Actually your previous comment was enough. You outnumbered active players by 1. Knowing that you started at one side and circled around having LOS most of time your advantage only grow bigger. You can brag about this victory but it isn't anything spectacular. You have had better victories.

uhm ok, since when can the offliners move after there pre-determined initial movment? so how is that an advantage? and since when is there a limit to be considered still offline while online?

DeletedUser

I'm just a small fish in the ocean, Vic.

Ok, Greatest, you are better and greater than me. Lets say all your offliners were on west side (don't know correctly). Then they move north. So you - onliners take out west wall and towers while offliners are north in 2 rounds. And you follow them in about 3 rounds. So in the end you have lost like 3 onliners and some off. GC till then is lost west and north wall. And then, of course, offliners doesn't move, but you still managed to get enough advantage.

I knew you will say something like your last sentence. Never mind. Just in my op., what is the point of someone who is there for first 2-3 rounds? Maybe he is inside fort, he logs in, says "OMG, we are screwed" and leaves (so it kinda counts as online, but does he help a lot?). But it is only my opinion.

GF

P.S. tyrannys end - :laugh: damn, didn't know it looked that bad.

DeletedUser

OMG, I totally envy you. So many onliners at 11.10 AM :blink: USA should sleep, so you have guns in every country, don't you MC?

I was hoping to see like 3 onliners.

So when do you actually sleep? :huh:

Yours,
GF

One Armed Ninja

I would've been online (UK) But firefox crashed for the duration of the whole fight o_O

Don't know why the pesky americans never sleep

DeletedUser

I'm at work and I was hoping that MC will sleep or at least work too. But work for real.

DeletedUser

I'm just a small fish in the ocean, Vic.

Ok, Greatest, you are better and greater than me. Lets say all your offliners were on west side (don't know correctly). Then they move north. So you - onliners take out west wall and towers while offliners are north in 2 rounds. And you follow them in about 3 rounds. So in the end you have lost like 3 onliners and some off. GC till then is lost west and north wall. And then, of course, offliners doesn't move, but you still managed to get enough advantage.

I knew you will say something like your last sentence. Never mind. Just in my op., what is the point of someone who is there for first 2-3 rounds? Maybe he is inside fort, he logs in, says "OMG, we are screwed" and leaves (so it kinda counts as online, but does he help a lot?). But it is only my opinion.

GF

P.S. tyrannys end - :laugh: damn, didn't know it looked that bad.

not really our fault about how your mails go out to your towns/players and how they line up now is it?

plus onliners dont exactly move in a specific way that allows for all the active 35 or so ppl to follow

just seems overall that the leadership has a failure to organize because tbh

a def with 20 people edge to start should never lose no matter the amount of offliner because def has the edge in that they are not required to move much

and if they log in and see a 20 person edge and say were screwed well they just deserve to lose the fort lol

One Armed Ninja

Not true G

If the smaller side completely outmatches the more nimerous defenders, ie hp, skill, co-operation and leadership, they have a good chance of winning

A defence on W12 yesterday came very close to losing (even though I was leading) because the attackers had alll the advantages and a competant leader. Whilst my side was more the dregs, though there are a few notable players - just nowhere near as many