Fort fights in game version 1.31

DeletedUser

After the update 1.31 came, and after more than a few fort fights I've been into I can say this about the gold gun (quoting myself from another thread where this is a bit of offtopic):

...first couple of weeks attackers had the edge since they were starting the fight with so called "gold gun sector". However, when defenders started to create such sector of their own, successful defenses were happening in many cases. I bet you didn't attack my fort back then... ;)
Gold gun just made a strategy change in forts, nothing else. And when ppl adapted to it, when defenders started to win forts, it got nerfed.

But it got nerfed too much. Conquering a fort now is almost impossible as defenders can fill all small sectors on fortifications with 1 gold gun and boost the already too big wall/tower bonus to everyone unlike attackers who are starting from 1-4 big sectors with bonus +2 to everyone no matter how many gold guns they possess.
And honestly I don't see any attacking strategy that can deal with it, feel free to call me stupid. The only way to conquer a fort seems to rely not on attackers ' skill but on defenders' two possible (amateurish) errors:
1. not blocking at least 3 towers till 35th round
2. not protecting the flag

Also lemme put into this last night's fort fight where attackers started with 75.000HP more and in the end lost the fight (click on replay to see HP total).
http://www.westforts.com/en13/battles/battle/11309

Your thoughts? Or do you really think fort fights, after gold gun got nerfed, are now balanced?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is why we need to do one or more of the following:
1. Allow movement into enemy sectors
2. Inject some strategy into fort battles
3. Have something other than, or in addition to, 1-flag CTF

DeletedUser

1. No, as it (again as every other nonHPnerf suggestion) renders adventurer's bonus useless
2. Um... Huh?
3. copy #2

DeletedUser3543

Defenders get far too many bonuses.

Attackers [especially on old worlds where numbers aren't huge], don't want to attack as the result is pretty much assured for the defenders.

My suggestion [which won't be popular!], is to do away with ALL character bonuses, and reduce the towers / wall bonuses - not scrap them entirely.

That way with superior numbers of attackers, the battles may well be evened out a little.

DeletedUser

do you have a problem with my vague idea that took me two seconds to come up with? ;)

DeletedUser28121

you call this vague???

This is why we need to do one or more of the following:
1. Allow movement into enemy sectors
2. Inject some strategy into fort battles
3. Have something other than, or in addition to, 1-flag CTF

I call it utter crap and nonsense

#1. ur suggesting that everyone attacking sets their mark on the flag and game over? how lovely :blink:
#2. ? as opposed to how we play now? mebbe if we all read "the art of war" by Tzu? kk, i already ordered a copy
#3. cant even begin to decipher this one..

all in all, me smells a post for the sake of posting alone. if u cant contribute hold your yap shut. word!

DeletedUser

1. this is mainly to circumvent a tank from blocking a whole sector by himself, of course you can't just jump over your enemies if there are a wall of 'em in front of you.......
2. what can i say....i am abstract person....
3. defenders will have to guard more flags the larger the fort or something.....they'll have to move around rather than just sitting on their high and mighty tower......

DeletedUser

3. defenders will have to guard more flags the larger the fort or something.....they'll have to move around rather than just sitting on their high and mighty tower......
You sure you played a fort fight lately?
Defenders win by not moving around?
Yes... If there is only 1 attacker.

Bad Billy Jack

Losing attacks all the time now, is much better than losing forts every time with gg sector stacking bonus in effect. Worse, the elite ggs told us peons to stay the hell outta the gg sector while they grabbed up all the exp & boxes.

Battles now last longer also & are much more fun. Fair battles for everyone now, not just the elite!

The gg nerf was absolutely the correct thing to do!

Forts should be hard to conquer.

Well done Inno! Just complete the fix package with a nerf of tanks & FFs will be great!

Last edited:

DeletedUser9470

Losing attacks all the time now, is much better than losing forts every time with gg sector stacking bonus in effect. Worse, the elite ggs told us peons to stay the hell outta the gg sector while they grabbed up all the exp & boxes.

Battles now last longer also & are much more fun. Fair battles for everyone now, not just the elite!

The gg nerf was absolutely the correct thing to do!

Forts should be hard to conquer.

Well done Inno! Just complete the fix package with a nerf of tanks & FFs will be great!

agreed.
GG stack bonus was ridiculous.
now we gotta make it more fun for everyone.
that means making fbs last, and the outcome more balanced.
how? i wouldnt have a clue...