Fort Fighting World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Is Arizona turning into a fort fighting world?:unsure:
With Lesser of two Evils (formerly known as Up in smoke) as a fort fighting alliance and with as many fort fights as we have now in a 24 hour period and towns with less than 10,000 duel points and some towns with none I think this world is a repeat of W12; a fort fighting world.

DeletedUser22685

All worlds are essentially fort fighting worlds. That's what keeps the game alive, not dueling. As for whether duels are dying out in Arizona, that's also not true. The towns with 0 points are caused by the towns with 10k+ points (which is actually not all that common) such as Bandits, unhinged, TSC and Angels.

DeletedUser

Is Arizona as active as W12? I mean with all these fort battle and duels, W12 has also lots of fort battles.

DeletedUser

It is a world where all forts will belong to new trinty. (Is that even possible?)

DeletedUser

I think this world is a repeat of W12; a fort fighting world.
1. w13 is not repeat of w12 as many players from w12 don't play on w13. and not just any players - I'm talking about the west superstars.
2. w13 is not fortfighting, dueling, building, questing, or whatever else world. w13 is a "newbies strike back" world.

DeletedUser

1. w13 is not repeat of w12 as many players from w12 don't play on w13. and not just any players - I'm talking about the west superstars.
2. w13 is not fortfighting, dueling, building, questing, or whatever else world. w13 is a "newbies strike back" world.

Agreed.And yeah most of the players in Arizona are soldiers.This doesn't mean others are not.In fact even workers are fort fighters.And yeah,most of the superstars don't give a damn in this world.(sorry for inappropriate words)

DeletedUser

In my book, name calling is not P&P, even if the name calling is not profane. Do not make me close this. Keep it simple.

DeletedUser

You're wrong. New Trinity has 12343 gold guns. But ok, maybe someone made one more today, in that case I apologize.

HelenBack

You're wrong. New Trinity has 12343 gold guns. But ok, maybe someone made one more today, in that case I apologize.
If it wasn't for all their GGs, New Trinity wouldn't have half (possibly any) of their forts. But because of the GG stacking bonus, they just walk through forts as if there are no defenders. A large fort should not have all defenders dead within 30-40 rounds... that should not be possible. If the fights were fair, the fort battles would be far more entertaining... As it stands, people don't see the battles to be worthwhile. So a lot of people have given up and left because of it.
:(

DeletedUser

If it wasn't for all their GGs, New Trinity wouldn't have half (possibly any) of their forts. But because of the GG stacking bonus, they just walk through forts as if there are no defenders. A large fort should not have all defenders dead within 30-40 rounds... that should not be possible. If the fights were fair, the fort battles would be far more entertaining... As it stands, people don't see the battles to be worthwhile. So a lot of people have given up and left because of it.
:(
So even completing quests and getting a GG is wrong for 70+ players?If no then it would be the same old Defender's resistance and all the rounds would be over.And however Helen,did your town ever think of fighting like a fort fighting town?All you say is foul to Trinity while you just nag around saying you are a great fort fighting town.If so, then why is your town except you never seen in a Trinity Defense?Leave Nagging to LO2E.They never complain but you think its not fair.Have we ever complained about tanks?NO.Cause we thought it was a part of the game.GGs are also a part of the game.If you don't have it,at least respect it.

They have never thought that Trinity is winning too much?What do you want us to do?Go donate some forts?If you want them come and win.Don't nag about not having a GG its not our problem.If you wanna stay fair.You gotta get it.And many people are leaving this game because of loses.If your side would be winning,no one would quit.But if no,bye!

HelenBack

So even completing quests and getting a GG is wrong for 70+ players?
Doing the quest and getting the gun is not wrong... The issue is the stacking sector bonus. I know that the devs are finally looking into fixing that, but it's a bit too late for a lot of people who have already left. Also, those who have a large quantity of the GGs are taking advantage of the fact that they completely overpower anyone who tries to defend. I've asked some to leave the GGs out of battles for now or even limit them for forts but they were too wrapped up in their greed to own all the forts to be bothered to try it.

There are also those who are level 90+ who had done the wrong path of one of the older quests that is required to get the GG... They have no way of getting the GG. The only way they can is to throw away the character they have been building for months/years and start over. Maybe they had also used some premiums... I guess that's "fair" for them to have to chuck that away tho, right? (Oh, and no, I'm not one of those people... I haven't done that quest on any world. I just see the bigger picture... which is beyond my own wants/needs since I tend to think of the needs of the many rather than the needs of the few... or one.)

And however Helen,did your town ever think of fighting like a fort fighting town? All you say is foul to Trinity while you just nag around saying you are a great fort fighting town.
Where did I say our town was a fort fighting town? Our town members are not just fort fighters... They are a mix of every type of character available. Duelers, fort fighters, questers, workers, adventurers... All shapes, levels and experience are welcomed. We don't have any sort of "holier than thou" attitude where we only accept one type of player. We believe everyone has the right to enjoy all aspects of the game. One thing you will never hear me ask people as they join a battle is "Level, HP, weapon?"... Anyone who is online gets priority seating. Then if I have heard of someone that is usually offline and missed, I will try to add them next so they have a chance to be in the battle.

Now because of the GG bonus, many can't last a round or two and are no longer enjoying any of the fort fighting aspect. To me, that's wrong... I don't wear blinders so I can see the bigger picture... I don't want to own all the forts... I think everyone should have a chance to own a fort and join in fun battles. As things are now, neither of those are a possibility.

If so, then why is your town except you never seen in a Trinity Defense?
Why would I want to defend a Trinity fort?
:huh:

Leave Nagging to LO2E.They never complain but you think its not fair.
Some people may call it "nagging" or "whining" when they don't want to accept that those points may actually be facts and they don't want to admit that they may be wrong...
;)

Have we ever complained about tanks?NO.Cause we thought it was a part of the game.GGs are also a part of the game.If you don't have it,at least respect it.
Ummm... Actually, yes, your side has... But now that they have a bunch of tanks (and had some earlier too btw), they aren't complaining anymore. Add that to the multiple GGs and ya... No way that anyone can stand up against that. Oh... and they also think I'm the leader of the Unhinged... So, that really shows that they have no idea what is really going on outside of their own greedy bubble.
:no:

What do you want us to do?Go donate some forts?If you want them come and win.Don't nag about not having a GG its not our problem.If you wanna stay fair.You gotta get it.
Ya... That would only work for those who are level 87+... So what about all those who are lower level and don't have any weapon that comes close to the GG? Too bad... so sad... bye bye? Nah... I still think that everyone should have the right to go to a fort battle and not die in the first few rounds.

And many people are leaving this game because of loses.If your side would be winning,no one would quit.But if no,bye!
Actually, some are leaving because they weren't able to get the GG because of the wrong decision in the quest too. Some are really low level and can't compete at all in a battle... They gave up completely since that's all they wanted to do was be in fort battles... Some of them went to other worlds where the battles aren't totally lopsided and people still believe in fair battles. That was before we really started to lose the battles on Arizona.... Now we can't even fill a battle.

DeletedUser

So some are leaving, eh?
Good. That was intended. What wasn't intended is to see a plethora of whining threads on the official forum. Thia game should be renamed. Instead of The West, it should be:
The Whine

HelenBack

So some are leaving, eh?
Good. That was intended.
So... Your true intent was in fact to drive away some of the West's customers? Why in the world would you want to force people to leave? Do you really want this world to turn into your own little "Farmville"?
:tumble:

DeletedUser

So... Your true intent was in fact to drive away some of the West's customers?
Dear Helen, driving away someone who was driving away others for months... I'd always do it. You don't think an evil person like me can forgive and forget what your alliance was doing almost the whole year on w13? :)
I think such strategy of mine is almost as sweet as you are. :)
Besides, they won't go away from the game, they're playing all worlds unlike many of us. Deleting on one world won't change a thing, they'll still play w1-w12 plus w14. We, who are staying, are playing 2-3, max 4 worlds.

Do you really want this world to turn into your own little "Farmville"?
:tumble:
I don't use facebook, sweetie. And unlike crap facebook games, The West game is RPG. It's not farming of any kind. See, in RPG, every single one of them, you choose a role and play that role. You can play that role great, and you can suck in it. Your display depends on if you used every single option available that is compatible with the role you play.
Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks to me that you're playing a PR role for god knows how that alliance is called now. My opinion, not humble, is that you're not good in that role. And I'd like to suggest you to give the chair to another townmate.
After you promote someone, just take another role. For example, rare items dealer. Check market all the time, try to get shinies for the best price and then resell them with a better bargain. I have a couple such roleplayers in my town that adore the market and despise everything else in this game, what do you think how my low levels got rich? :)
Of course, you can get another role, and shine in it. Just don't do PR whining any more, it doesn't make your town looking better, trust me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30834

I don't use facebook, sweetie. And unlike crap facebook games, The West game is RPG. It's not farming of any kind. See, in RPG, every single one of them, you choose a role and play that role. You can play that role great, and you can suck in it. Your display depends on if you used every single option available that is compatible with the role you play.
In case anyone else is wondering, Farmville is more or less a generic term now used to describe boring monotonous games in which your goal is to do repetitive tasks over an over again with little reward more then some score and bragging rights that you wasted the most time playing the game. Think of it in the same terms of that Xerox is often used to describe photocopying.

When people mention "The West" becoming farmville, I do not think they are specifically talking about the facebook game as much as they are talking about the uselessness of the facebook game that has become so popular with many naval gazers. Many other games out there are essentially the same style of playing. You log in, set jobs, set rest, log out, occasionally talking to others through the chat or whatever else is offered. They spice it up by adding chat and other bells or shiny things to keep the unimaginative occupied within their attention span. When people say you are turning this into farmville, they are essentially saying you have ruined the role playing portion and it's no different then any number of clones farming style activities in other games that are complete failures.

Of course I think this is what you wanted which is probably why they added the new shiny object "back to the west" this Aprils first. It appears to be an attempt to give people something to do other then log in, set jobs, and leave, or leave altogether as a stop gap until they fix what you have used to the ruin for the vast majority of people playing.

Now that you understand the concept of farmville, I would hope you understand the clear meaning of the term when it's used. I have certainly meant it in that light when I used the term. I'm sure if others meant it somehow different when they used it, they will correct me.

DeletedUser

It appears to be an attempt to give people something to do other then log in, set jobs, and leave, ...
Yea, yea... Sure. Like that (bugged) crap will keep anyone interested for months...
It'd be better if they've added some The Roadmap stuff.

...or leave altogether as a stop gap until they fix what you have used to the ruin for the vast majority of people playing.
Can you be more specific please? Otherwise I believe the word majority should be replaced by MINORITY.

Status
Not open for further replies.