Fort Fight Skill Changes

• Thread starter DeletedUser37357
  • Start date

DeletedUser37357

I would be extremely disappointed if Inno did not update the existing fort fight sets to reflect the changes that are slated to happen with fort fight skills. Disappointed might not even be the right word. Angry is probably much more appropriate. I spent quite a bit of real life money on this game, in the year that I have been playing, to get the gear that I have and to make us start all over would be not even close to fair of Inno.
:mad:

DeletedUser37321

i totally agree with you dws. I'm in the same boat. Please adjust our sets accordingly if your gonna change things now. If they dont, i may not start over.

DeletedUser36559

Yep, agreed, some of the sets have been upgraded to lvl 3/4 and it has cost a fortune for some people so please don't release 'new FF gear' in Easter for nuggets but rather change the skills for existing ones.

DeletedUser26820

Errr....

Maybe I missed the boat, but where was it officially announced here in The West Forum by a GM that the "update the existing fort fight sets to reflect the changes that are slated to happen with fort fight skills" would even happen and what those new FF skills are?

Rumors to now or can someone link a post from a GM that clarifies the topic?
Rumor, supposition or fact?

DeletedUser30417

Errr....

Maybe I missed the boat, but where was it officially announced here in The West Forum by a GM that the "update the existing fort fight sets to reflect the changes that are slated to happen with fort fight skills" would even happen and what those new FF skills are?

Rumors to now or can someone link a post from a GM that clarifies the topic?
Rumor, supposition or fact?

You didn't miss the boat. There isn't an official announcement here in the forum yet, because right now the changes are being tested & discussed on the beta servers.

If you want to see the changes (which might still be changed before reaching the regular servers) then check out https://forum.beta.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=2870.

DeletedUser36192

The new formula will be:
(For the old formula, see the wiki.)

Attacker:
Attack value: Leadership^0.55 + Aiming^0.5 + Hiding^0.6 + Multiplayer Attack + Sector Attack + Terrain Attack + Tower Class Bonus - Distance Penalty + 25
Defend value: Leadership^0.55 + Dodging^0.5 + Hiding^0.6 + Multiplayer Defence + Sector Defence + Terrain Defence + Tower Class Bonus + 10

Defender:
Attack value: Leadership^0.55 + Aiming^0.5 + SettingTraps^0.6 + Multiplayer Attack + Sector Attack + Terrain Attack + Tower Class Bonus - Distance Penalty + 25
Defend value: Leadership^0.55 + Dodging^0.5 + SettingTraps^0.6 + Multiplayer Defence + Sector Defence + Terrain Defence + Tower Class Bonus + 10

with those changes it looks like i'm going to have to figure out an entire new skill set if i want to fortfight.

asdf124

Aird set has leadership and setting traps?<(solution)

Old formula:
Leadership^0.5 + Aiming^0.4 + (Stamina OR Hiding)^0.6 + Multiplayer Attack + Sector Attack + Terrain Attack + Tower Class Bonus - Distance Penalty + 25

Leadership^0.5 + Dodging^0.4 + (Stamina OR Hiding)^0.6 + Multiplayer Defence + Sector Defence + Terrain Defence + Tower Class Bonus + 10

They are making the dodge/aim a bit more relevant and half the bit more relevant, leadership is being improved as well.

I for one don't like leadership being improved due to how powerful it already is.

Last edited:

Abydos1

Looks like Bass Reeves will also be a good set to consider for the new formula for defenses since it has HP and setting traps...but something tells me they just can't keep the sets we already have unchanged if this goes through since so many have committed with all the upgrading stuff. Aird's set (plus guns) right now looks to be the winner all around for the defense. As for offense side, the same old FF sets still apply since hiding is in most of them already. Good thing I stocked up on these sets just in case the changes happen and they don't adjust the old sets. Best of luck you all.

DeletedUser26820

So...

Up to this point, we've no hard, concrete evidence or hint from a Inno employee or In-Game Moderator to support any of what has been said in this forum thread??

Without such, this is Talot Card reading and conjecture....

Looks like Bass Reeves will also be a good set to consider for the new formula for defenses since it has HP and setting traps...but something tells me they just can't keep the sets we already have unchanged if this goes through since so many have committed with all the upgrading stuff. Aird's set (plus guns) right now looks to be the winner all around for the defense. As for offense side, the same old FF sets still apply since hiding is in most of them already. Good thing I stocked up on these sets just in case the changes happen and they don't adjust the old sets. Best of luck you all.

Please, Abydos1, define for us the new formula for defenses.....

What's the calculation??

As you informed that Bass Reeves looks good, how did you come to that conclusion?

Last edited by a moderator:

Abydos1

Well, I know it has negligible leadership gain but it has HP and setting traps like I said before...someone who already has a lot of points in leadership (100+ like me) could use it assuming they don't have Aird's set of course since I did say it was the winner by far. I mixed both sets with Ludwig guns and ox/heart combo. Lose about 100 of leadership and setting traps but gain 2k in HP (similar to DD vs Dalton/Bart). It's not much but it's something...you tell me what can be a better alternative to Aird's.

DeletedUser37168

Well, I know it has negligible leadership gain but it has HP and setting traps like I said before...someone who already has a lot of points in leadership (100+ like me) could use it assuming they don't have Aird's set of course since I did say it was the winner by far. I mixed both sets with Ludwig guns and ox/heart combo. Lose about 100 of leadership and setting traps but gain 2k in HP (similar to DD vs Dalton/Bart). It's not much but it's something...you tell me what can be a better alternative to Aird's.

What can be the better alternative to Aird´s?

Probably a new FF set released for Easter since all these cosmetic FF changes every few months are obviously just an excuse to come up with the new sets that will become useless too each time the new formula is released...

Pankreas PorFavor

there were changes to FF every few months? I must have missed it... I mean, I agree that the tombolas and new sets all the time have become ridiculous, but let's not exaggerate.

asdf124

They added somethings into fort fights, they never changed the formulas basics(leadership hiding etc)

Adding leaderships dmg and resistance via hiding/stamina.

Abydos1

I think they don't like the fact that attackers have more advantage since they have a stat (Stamina) that is in the same place as the health (HP) one so now they are radically trying to change that by having attackers use the defenders old stat (hiding) and defenders using an entirely different stat (setting traps). This still might not be enough to tip the balance of attacks always winning since most have negligible points in setting traps but it will make sets with stamina practically useless unless they have hiding in them too. It would be foolish and unfair for many if they are to make this change without updating the older sets. I guess we'll find out come this Easter when they implement this radical change if they even do but make sure to be prepared in meantime by grabbing the Aird's set or even the Bass Reeves set as well. Best of luck to you all...

Pankreas PorFavor

if I remember correctly, the other day in beta they said that the buildings/walls/towers bonus is doubled. probably in an attempt to help the defenders.

DeletedUser37520

I don't think it's needed to discuss which of the old non-fort battle sets that'll become better because of this eventual change. If they're adding this update to the game and not changing the old sets accordingly, they'll most definitely add a new real fort battle set that's made based on the update in the next event after the update.

DeletedUser35120

They will update the existing sets as of the plan is now, fyi.

DeletedUser37520

if I remember correctly, the other day in beta they said that the buildings/walls/towers bonus is doubled. probably in an attempt to help the defenders.

That's true, and yet the attackers have managed to win 3 out of 3 fort battles after that change. Since they introduced the changes to the fort battle formula, attackers have won 7 out of 7 (not counting two battles that was obviously "unfair" in terms of amount of people).

InnoGames never seize to amaze me. Instead of introducing a new defense fort battle set on the meta for the time being or alternatively just changing the current sets to fit the changes (a bigger indicator for that they're not going to change the sets) they instead introduce something like double wall and tower bonus which obviously is just going to make things even harder to balance.