Fort Fight Multi Battles - Stop!

DeletedUser35101

Problem can be easily solved.. if cool-down like we have on buff usage (10 minutes) of lvl 600 crafting (1 week) is applied to fort digging.

Once one fort is dug.. all others on server are "locked" for digging for next 3 hrs (lets say) so none can dug any fort for that time period; and than for next 3 or 4 hrs more cost on digging is doubled, tripled or whatever.
Same "lock" to be applied to 2nd fort dug after those first 3 hrs.
That will secure only 1 battle that can be held within certain time period (like those 3 hrs i used as example).. but don't think it should be less than 3 hrs since most of battles if they go for full 55 rounds last around 1 hr and 30 min.

Restriction on digging can't and shouldn't be done on players / towns / alliances but on forts itself..

Multi digging is cheap way of winning fort, done by those who are afraid or real battle.. one may call it tactic, but i call it dirty play :p

DeletedUser35120

That won't prevent any abuse of the feature.. someone from some 1-member town without an alliance can easily dig a fort every 3 hrs. So the alliances are basically locked from digging.

DeletedUser36979

Problem can be easily solved.. if cool-down like we have on buff usage (10 minutes) of lvl 600 crafting (1 week) is applied to fort digging.

Once one fort is dug.. all others on server are "locked" for digging for next 3 hrs (lets say) so none can dug any fort for that time period; and than for next 3 or 4 hrs more cost on digging is doubled, tripled or whatever.
Same "lock" to be applied to 2nd fort dug after those first 3 hrs.
That will secure only 1 battle that can be held within certain time period (like those 3 hrs i used as example).. but don't think it should be less than 3 hrs since most of battles if they go for full 55 rounds last around 1 hr and 30 min.

Restriction on digging can't and shouldn't be done on players / towns / alliances but on forts itself..

Multi digging is cheap way of winning fort, done by those who are afraid or real battle.. one may call it tactic, but i call it dirty play :p

Those examples are individual... which the fort-dig timer also should be.
Or would you like the consquences of server locks on things... you can't do 600+ crafting for a week because someone already did... you can't use a heal potion, since someone already buffed within the last 10 minutes... and if you are too slow, someone will buff again before you get to it :no: Multies are part of the game, accept it, just like everyone have to accept duels.... wait... actually you have a great idea... a 1 hour server lockout for duels after each duel... :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35101

But you already have duel restriction.. same person can't duel you for an hr since first duel ended.. or shall we change that restriction too?!
I duel you once and as soon as those 10 min that duel lasts are over, duel finished.. i duel you second time?! 10 minutes later for 3rd time? Yes?! No?! :unsure: ah, deal with it! Lets have no restriction of that type :p Can we please get that changed too? That would make duel campers more happy :)
Wonder how much more duelers would be hated if that was possible.. haha
So why can 2 forts, owned by same town / alliance, be dug within seconds / minutes?

Abuse in dueling with leaving town.. how about that one.. dueler (one that doesn't have bounty upon him) duels someone and as soon duel is over leaves town and he can't be dueled.. oh, i like that one :) sets sleep in some town, refills some energy, hp, buff up, joins another town, duels again, leaves.... hm.. was this changed?! Know some that used to do this..

One man town will hardly ever dig for like a month each day, each 3 hrs... unless that guy is being very well instructed to do so and that is another type of problem, not dig abuse.. but why would anyone who wants good battles do such thing?
Even now alliances make deals on how things are to be dealt with one man town digging upon fort...
Even now alliances make deals how multi battles are to be treated..

If so many thought multi battles are great thing, none of those deals would ever be made.. if people thought multi battles was great than each server would have multi battles each day.. and we don't.
But what most of players are trying to do is arrange things to avoid multi digs.. so why shouldn't game provide some sort of solution for it too, as it does have for other things?

Digging multi on purpose as things are now is abuse of system, one that allows that thing even to be possible. And won't repeat myself on why people do that, for most (mean when one side has more than one defense up)..

Anyway.. maybe one day someone will think about this more and make some sort of idea for developers to peek on..
:)

DeletedUser36979

But you already have duel restriction.. same person can't duel you for an hr since first duel ended.. or shall we change that restriction too?!
I duel you once and as soon as those 10 min that duel lasts are over, duel finished.. i duel you second time?! 10 minutes later for 3rd time? Yes?! No?! :unsure: ah, deal with it! Lets have no restriction of that type :p Can we please get that changed too? That would make duel campers more happy :)
Wonder how much more duelers would be hated if that was possible.. haha
Digging multi on purpose as things are now is abuse of system, one that allows that thing even to be possible. And won't repeat myself on why people do that, for most (mean when one side has more than one defense up)..
:)

Sure, lift the restriction on duels... duelers won't be hated more, since you won't see people getting annoyed at duelers... you won't see them at all, since they'll just leave. Not such a smart idea afterall, Lucky :huh:

I don't see multies as abuse, if used properly, then it is a tactical decision. Which is why a restriction shouldn't be on the server, but on the individual player, like it is in duels already. If you attack me, you have to wait 1 hour to attack me again, but your friend can attack me right away. How do you think duels would be, if noone could attack me for an hour after you attacked me? :cool:

People will go very far to annoy others, without actually breaking the rules, so if a server-lockout was placed after a dig, people will dig, just to annoy the alliances that would like to do proper FFs, for the very simple reason, they can.

By doing a 2 or 3 hour restriction for individual digs, the number of multies will decrease, but not disappear entirely. Alliances will still be able to dig two or three forts if they want. The turtle-powered mass-digger will be gone though, so 14-16 digs within 10 minutes from one player would become a thing of the past.

DeletedUser25173

The Lock you ask makes sense only in the town fashion so "A town has a cool down of 3 hours between digs they make or others can make in forts they own".
Now Alliances well if they want to do a multi they should be able to but always not attacking the forts where the same town is owner.

DeletedUser35520

ignoring the "do something about multis" part of this post and focusing on the Dakota part... we had a player dig 3 battles around the same time out of frustration, he then posted in the forums there that all 3 would be ignored and they were. Then another player calls him a lot worse than childish and proceeds to dig two of his own... Annoying yes, but if you call that "happening too much" then you are way way way on the outside of the FF loop. 99% of the multi's on Dakota are from two different players trying to dig a battle without knowing the other one is. Just a coincidence. Sure it sucks to have it happen weekly, but the act is not ruining anything, the response over what is actually a minor issue is the killer. Just as the expectation of allowing a few to do all of the work and expecting them to do it 100% correctly. Plus the added irony of everyone who has been to a single battle in the last month jumping on their case for the incident, yet they still do not offer to share any of the burden, but expect their say to carry the same weight. Can multis be a problem, yep, but its been quite a while since there was a rough patch on Dakota, which normally goes through one about every six months all of which are the result of drama and internal conflict, not multis

DeletedUser36559

No matter whatever is implemented whether it is timer or expensive digs, multis can occur regardless and the world itself has to work together to prevent them. You will always have short tempered people or people generally who get a thrill from digging tons of multies which we can't stop but we can try and help prevent them if we can.

asdf124

Why prevent random peeps from digging their own fort fights?

Don't you think that would be elitist?

In w1, their was a huge multi when that world had more forts available to dig, that one person dug almost all the forts in that world.

some people came, some people didn't...... It is a choice and it still should be a choice whether to do multis or not.

The player username was jakkals, completely different person than a normal person imo(in my opinion). However, he/she was a smart player.