Fort Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Ok, does someone wanna explain what is up with this?

Anyone at all? Maybe Lokiju...

I will be the first to apologize for initiating a second attack w/i 8 hrs...but when i scheduled my walk to FoM there was no battles at all on overview. When i got to FoM, i forgot to check the overview again. I did not see that another battle had been dug against Miestas. After i dug, when i saw the other attack, i mailed Lokiju to apologize & to say we were only gonna attend 1 attack & skip the other as we do not support multi's. He has not even read my mail yet, but he has been digging on forts left & right. I cannot count the times Miestas or RR attack a TW fort, & another town attacks TW, too...or an ally's fort. We do not go out & dig 5 or more battles in response - we defend our forts and don't initiate pointless battles. I can't wait to see how many attackers are at Lokiju's 7 battles. I am betting on less than 10 attackers at all battles. Such a pointless waste of time...

jtasno.jpg

1zdui6o.jpg

DeletedUser22685

We better not lose one :mad: Just defend it, why do you have to retaliate like this?

DeletedUser5677

The overload of attacks here suggests premature attackulation syndrome.
Team B gets quickly excited that Team A is attacking, and quickly blows a load. of attacks.

DeletedUser22685

If you are suffering premature attackulation, call or SMS "LOL" to 1800 749 610.

Don't let you and your enemy suffer because of your premature attackulation. Have longer lasting and more pleasurable battles now!

DeletedUser5677

Please help the world remove the cause of this dreadful affliction. PAS can happen to your faction. All it takes is a few moments of you time to smack some juvenile upside the head. Or call now and our toll free operators will have someone do it for you.

DeletedUser22685

See lokiju, this is the most thought anyone has put into it. Now will you please stop!?

DeletedUser

Nice to hear from TW again :)

I'll tell you the story from my end if you are interested - if not - then just do not read. ;)
So story begins at few minutes past 8 pm server time. I was writing some letters and notice an attack on our main fort. I become happy and excited about opportunity for our members to get some exp and do some together Miestas action where everyone would be involved. I change fort description and send a letter to members and friends of this nice event. Then few minutes after 10pm i notice another attack on Friends of Miestas coming. First thought - it must be another TW allies attacking so TW could wash their hands and say that they did not know anything. I look at who is attacker and see that it is mstngcobra herself declared an attack. Wow i think she and TW must be really hearth broken after the last loss of fully build small fort in 1on1 battle so they've returned to their old tactics of multi attacks. I initiate our plan in case of multi attacks, set my char to closest tw fort and write a new message to our members and friends counting what forts we will give away and how long it will take to take them back in addition to trying to calculate how many and what forts we will have to start attacks on for maximum results. I arrive at TW forts, see no further attacks from TW, talk with other leaders and decide to stop at number of counter attacks we initially planned, set my movement to Friends of Miestas fort and go to sleep. In the morning i wake up, check the mail and find mstngcobra's letter about mistake :)
But as things are rolling down now - its no way to stop. But i must say that my prognosis for TW is pretty good - if you really cancel attack and concentrate on defense you should not loose any fort tonight (if you do it properly).

I wrote this story because i like mstngcobra much more then Derek ;)
But not to make TW comfortable i will remind of Miestas position - Miestas used, is using and will be using multi attacks when we decide to do that. And we expect any opposing alliance/town to do the same on us. We firmly believe that multi attacks enhance fort battle experience and is important factor for enjoying fort battles more.

DeletedUser22685

Fair enough.

The standout thing I don't agree with in that post is that multi battles enhance the fort battling experience. How are small battles more fun than maxed out battles? How is it fun when we call an attack and you respond by calling seven more battles against us and then we don't get the chance to attack the fort and if you get satisfaction out of taking a fort against 12 people, then I think you need to do some rethinking.

All in good spirits though :) I'm not attacking you personally. This is a game after all.

DeletedUser5677

The whole point is they did not even go tit for tat. They saw tits and blew the wad.
Now if RR and the others could see the light, we would have some great battles.

DeletedUser

... The standout thing I don't agree with in that post is that multi battles enhance the fort battling experience. How are small battles more fun than maxed out battles? ...
No personal offense but you should look in reality as it is, not as you want to be.
And reality facts are:
- most towns/alliances that signed the pact with tw on not attacking for 8 hours are extinct now. In those months they did not call any attacks or were not attacked, their members got bored and quit or play very passively. My interpretation of real reasons was - those who signed agreement in reality wanted not to loose any forts then to have "good" battles and i was right. Such agreement is killing fort battles. So question should be what is more fun - no battles at all or multi battles?

- another thing for multi battles is that sides must have active, online players or good leadership for such battles to be interesting ones. I'm certain for example that those 20 people on our side who took TW Rock ridge fort by killing 24 defenders in big fort enjoyed this battle a lot. I think that even those 24 tw people had a chance to enjoy a good fight (not result of course).

- there are just not enough people on anti tw side to fill even a medium fort. If we had - we would be taking a fully build medium and large forts in 1on1, not small ones.

- and last thing - i as a leader enjoy multi battles as they open possibilities for thinking and tactical planning not just for one battle but for whole multi battle "war". And decisions i make in planning sometimes means more then how many people are on my side and how well they fight.

Oh and for "good" full on full for battles - i think we had them quiet a few recently. And TW leaders know now that if they want a "good" full on full fight - all they have to do is to attack one fort. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

I don't think you know what it feels like to log in and see that a large fort was lost in a 7vs10 battle.

Maybe you won't find them as fun if you're on the receiving end.

DeletedUser

battles yesterday

In the morning i wake up, check the mail and find mstngcobra's letter about mistake :)
But as things are rolling down now - its no way to stop. But i must say that my prognosis for TW is pretty good - if you really cancel attack and concentrate on defense you should not loose any fort tonight (if you do it properly).

I wrote this story because i like mstngcobra much more then Derek ;)
But not to make TW comfortable i will remind of Miestas position - Miestas used, is using and will be using multi attacks when we decide to do that. And we expect any opposing alliance/town to do the same on us. We firmly believe that multi attacks enhance fort battle experience and is important factor for enjoying fort battles more.

Wow - Lokiju likes me - more than he likes Derek :razz:
idk if i should be happy - or scared, lol :unsure:

Ok, since Loki was nice enough to write me a story, i will write a little one in return. I was sitting at my computer at about 7:30 pm game time & looking at a blank fort battle screen. I decided i had delayed long enough trying to organize -TW- & allies, and needed to dig my first battle. I looked for an enemy fort, and my eyes fell on Friends of Miestas. I decided to attack that fort, as many are still bitter about the way we lost it. So i set off there, and started getting my mailing list prepared. When i had almost completed my mailing ist, & when i was 5 mins from the fort - my computer started freezing up. I quickly tried to save my list, & dug on the fort without looking at the overview (a bad, very n00b move - i know). I then re-started my computer, & went to work re-doing my battle mail list. Once my list was completed, i started writing my msg & looked at the overview. To my shock, i saw another attack had been initiated on Miestas before i dug on FoM (Jacks Cabin). I immediately mailed Lokiju, but he never opened the letter. I knew he was on-line because he started digging on forts left & right. So i sat down & devised a way to cover as many of these attacks as possible. I sent out my mail canceling my attack & outlining strategy for the defenses. I then went to bed. When i awoke in the morning, i found a msg from Loki saying he wished he had read my mail the night before.

All in all, we did ok on the battles. We defended 5, 6 if you count the last battle this am at Rorkes Drift. We lost 2 forts in very close battles. 10 att & 7 def in 1 battle, & 19 att & 17 def at the other one. There were a few forts that had too many defenders, & 2 that had not quite enough :sad:

I congratulate Loki on his 2 victories - but i also advise him not to get too comfortable in is new forts, as he will not have them for long :laugh:

DeletedUser5677

The big battles were pretty even. Now it is reduced to cheap tactics again. Who really is the underdog? And what makes initiating massive multi attacks a team any better? It proves nothing. It really is sort of an ethics thing, given the shoddy game engine that was provided and neglected. Once you open the can of worms, well they are worms.

Oh well.

DeletedUser

So question should be what is more fun - no battles at all or multi battles?

- another thing for multi battles is that sides must have active, online players or good leadership for such battles to be interesting ones.

- and last thing - i as a leader enjoy multi battles as they open possibilities for thinking and tactical planning not just for one battle but for whole multi battle "war". And decisions i make in planning sometimes means more then how many people are on my side and how well they fight.

Well, Lokiju...you say you like multi-battles, & will always multi whenever you wish, and you expect your enemies to use the same tactics.....lets see how true that is....

We have a few attacks dug today, & i expect a few defenses to appear soon....but just remember you asked for it, & told us all here that you expect us to use the same tactics you use, so here you go - enjoy. :laugh:

I am sure you will start whining about how unfair we are, but you are the only one to blame for this....we are simply using your tactics, as you advised us to....:razz:

DeletedUser6227

isnt this fun lokiju , just what you wanted
its multi mental madness all over the world
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5677

Yet another loophole of cheap moves. renaming forts after they are under attack.
How low will you people go while keeping loyalty to slime. This is borderline exploitation of the game system and you all are part of it. Nice to see the bad guys are really bad. Either you are guilty or the game is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.