Fort Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I agree, more time on the attacking front would help a great deal, but a full 128 attackers, if like hot said, know what they are doing, can still pull it off in 50 rounds.

That happened the last time we took a fort, so it can be done with a bit of luck and discipline.

The amount of times i see guys jumping on the walls on round 2 when attacking has me scratching my forehead. But we all live and learn.

i HATE it when people don't follow orders. invincible was just horrible. i watched the battle, and no one paid attention. i put in 3 hrs along with a couple of other guys, and yet some 60 guys decided to not listen and screw up all those plans. makes me wanna punch their babies.

DeletedUser544

well to the defense of those players Kman, had we properly placed our forces (and figured out ETC Homeland was a fake), ETC Invincible would have been fine (even with nobody following the plan)

I mean I agree, many people don't listen. and it definitely drives me crazy watching people charge OFF the walls towards the attackers when defending
however, I don't think they sway the results as much as some may think, mainly because BOTH sides usually have a % of their people doing that (mainly those who aren't logged in to the battle and think they must set some target location for their character), which serves to cancel out the ill effects in terms of a 'battle outcome' perspective...

the clan that can figure out how to get most of their 'online active players' in a fort battle together and talking in real time will have the advantage going forward, for sure... but that is a logistical nightmare and in the end (unlike in real military where you can court-martial people and demand they follow orders) one has no guarantee that orders they have mailed out or posted will get followed... I don't see that happening for awhile

Last edited by a moderator:

One Armed Ninja

Nice battle the one that just went on:

Oyeah.png

(1105 Experience points. No Items)

DeletedUser

well to the defense of those players Kman, had we properly placed our forces (and figured out ETC Homeland was a fake), ETC Invincible would have been fine (even with nobody following the plan)

I mean I agree, many people don't listen. and it definitely drives me crazy watching people charge OFF the walls towards the attackers when defending
however, I don't think they sway the results as much as some may think, mainly because BOTH sides usually have a % of their people doing that (mainly those who aren't logged in to the battle and think they must set some target location for their character), which serves to cancel out the ill effects in terms of a 'battle outcome' perspective...

the clan that can figure out how to get most of their 'online active players' in a fort battle together and talking in real time will have the advantage going forward, for sure... but that is a logistical nightmare and in the end (unlike in real military where you can court-martial people and demand they follow orders) one has no guarantee that orders they have mailed out or posted will get followed... I don't see that happening for awhile

you know, your probably right, we did make a bit of a mistake. we listened to someone crying for help cause they saw a bunch of TSC players at ETC Homeland. unfortunately, those of us who had been talking over plans before the battles were tired and didn't want to deal with more interpretation of numbers, and just forwarded the message. unfortunately, some people take things too literally, such as the fact that there were many TSC players at their fort. just because they are there doesn't mean they will be in the fort battle.

DeletedUser

ETC declared way too late on TSC's 2 forts...

If they declared like 2-3 hours sooner or immediately after TSC and IC Bank declared on ETC, then it would force TSC to defend their forts.

Looks like TSC has done the same this time.ETC will have enough time to attack shadow forts,restore their health & defend.

DeletedUser

^^ I withdraw my previous post!.Looks like ETC homeland is in deep trouble.

DeletedUser

No idea I guess we will wait for them to try and take back 1 of the 2 forts they have lost :)

DeletedUser

I say, "good luck to ETC."

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14029

Ah well, ETC will learn ^_^
Russia has been to hell for all we know, but then she was once known as THE Soviet Union that exerted vast influence over the world. Anyways,

Good Luck and Good Day to all big families in World 1.

DeletedUser

vast influence over the world? she got the US to make more nukes than the Soviet Union, if thats what you mean, but not much of the world was influenced a ton. mostly just Asia and Castro.

DeletedUser544

I would argue that the soviet union's collapse is what has left a marked 'influence' on the world...

back to defending ETC, yes we lost a string of battles. but we have had some shake ups in our leadership and will be back to previous form soon enough. In fact, I believe we are already making progress, as we held the Outlaw fort yesterday in a good show of force.

DeletedUser

go..

Goo brothers... yes we had little shake on the leadership!;)

Soviet Union was more problematic and its successors republican faced shard pain and decline in GDP. I hate those communist lol I had visited communist country and was ache living over their. *Grins

They had no influence in our society except being pain in the ass

DeletedUser

Not sure how this thread ended up talking about The Soviet Union...as for the Outlaw fort it was attacked by a town with only one member. I am sure he was thinking that many others would join his attack. I was actually surprised to see how many did join but believe me when I say the attack was not a coordinated one.

DeletedUser14006

ETC are over-rated, losing all those forts recently proved it, and remeber that attacking is more difficult than defending so I think you will have your work cut out in trying to retrieve them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.