P&P fort battle

DeletedUser

Just got back in after a day out with friends. So what happened with thte fort battle? Did GC kick ass or did they get it handed to them on a plate? :cool:

DeletedUser16008

To be fair they had a good go but yes it was handed to them on a plate.

DeletedUser

To be more fair it is impossible to take over the fort if number of fighters on both sides is similar. And devs works at interface, instead of finishing off forts ;/

DeletedUser16008

To be more fair it is impossible to take over the fort if number of fighters on both sides is similar. And devs works at interface, instead of finishing off forts ;/

Now that is simply not true, its possible to take a fort even if outnumbered if the numbers are similar it is very doable.

DeletedUser

Victor is somewhat right.

It is possible - my town did so in W9.

"Doable", though? I wouldn't use this word. It was nearly impossible before, but the new update have somewhat made it more possible.

Hey, did the MC at least manage to pick the correct side this time?:laugh:

DeletedUser

Well.. I spotted one on GCs side, Don't remember his name! :D

DeletedUser

Oh! What a coincidence MC & GC both used someone from MC to scout each other! :D :D

DeletedUser

I think the main point is that GC got their asses handed to them.

DeletedUser

No reply to losing a fort battle eh Toko? All those times flaunting your "exceptional" win over MC when it was all in fun and now you have nothing to say about your serious battle loss?

Go figure.

DeletedUser

No reply to losing a fort battle eh Toko? All those times flaunting your "exceptional" win over MC when it was all in fun and now you have nothing to say about your serious battle loss?

Go figure.

:laugh:

I take comfort in the fact that GC members, for the most part, managed to pick the right side;)

DeletedUser

Too bad even though they picked the right side they didnt win.

OH WHAT! GC LOST THE FORT BATTLE WHAT WHAT! Shame.

DeletedUser13484

:laugh:

I take comfort in the fact that GC members, for the most part, managed to pick the right side;)

Yeah but we had more of your allies defending with us :razz:

Where was you in the battle to make up the numbers?

Hide in the shadows like normal great leadership :laugh:

DeletedUser

Yeah but we had more of your allies defending with us :razz:

Where was you in the battle to make up the numbers?

Hide in the shadows like normal great leadership :laugh:

Some of us have this thing called "real-life".

I'm sure you've heard of it:unsure:

DeletedUser16008

Im asking from a neutral Point of View here, ahm, has it been done Victor?

Yes it's been done on a number of occasions across the worlds. But once the old stay inside the fort routine was accepted as standard defense it took until the update to readjust the balance.

But thats part of the fun and challenge, attacking forts is and always be far far harder than defending and it's still very much a defenders advantage..

Everyone knows offliners on attack diminish the chance further when advancing whereas defenders can sit and do nothing and still hit targets.

The one thing that makes a huge difference in my opinion is that defenders get to fire of first EVERY round. Not only is it unfair it is completely pointless and unrealistic.

Eg: if you move as a defender off the wall you will not get hit before you move... if your an attacker you will take the full brunt of it before you move ( if your still standing )

Eg: If your a defender you will always get a shot off even before you die.. If your an attacker you don't

It is obvious if the same side gets to fire off the entire compliment first every time it is grossly over balanced

If it were random it would really level the playing field.

Thats why I don't pay too much attention to cheering a fort defense, it is easy and it's also why you always have far more usually show up to a defense than an attack....

DeletedUser

Yes it's been done on a number of occasions across the worlds. But once the old stay inside the fort routine was accepted as standard defense it took until the update to readjust the balance.

But thats part of the fun and challenge, attacking forts is and always be far far harder than defending and it's still very much a defenders advantage..

Everyone knows offliners on attack diminish the chance further when advancing whereas defenders can sit and do nothing and still hit targets.

The one thing that makes a huge difference in my opinion is that defenders get to fire of first EVERY round. Not only is it unfair it is completely pointless and unrealistic.

Eg: if you move as a defender off the wall you will not get hit before you move... if your an attacker you will take the full brunt of it before you move ( if your still standing )

Eg: If your a defender you will always get a shot off even before you die.. If your an attacker you don't

It is obvious if the same side gets to fire off the entire compliment first every time it is grossly over balanced

If it were random it would really level the playing field.

Thats why I don't pay too much attention to cheering a fort defense, it is easy and it's also why you always have far more usually show up to a defense than an attack....

That's a pretty good summary.

It's hard, but it's possible - just have to have a full turnout and a good plan. Taking over forts is not supposed to be easy.