Planned Fort Battle Replay/Fort Participant Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Because the OP wanted to put a cap on the participants for each side and there is already one in place.

DeletedUser

ok, first post edited to just have replay idea. How does the idea get to a vote?

DeletedUser

Diggo, it doesn't need locked. The OP amended the first post to only request a fort battle replay option, like we have for duels.

Diggo11

Although that would be nice, I highly doubt the servers have space to record and save the replays, especially considering the devs have already reduced some features to avoid server lags.

DeletedUser

What sort of reports do people get who are offline during battles? Can anyone post one. Let's have a looksie at what the fuss is about.

Diggo11

Well as you know you get one report or three if you participate in the battle. The first two are just two lines of text but the third is quite different (I assume you get it whether you are online or offline so long as you participated):

attachment.php

Attachments

• Battle Report.jpg
    Battle Report.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 42

DeletedUser

Im still going to my first battle today for some experimenting so i dont risk my own fort doing it =P Ill post the reports since I might not be online for 1.

DeletedUser

Here is a battle report that I got after my first battle.

The icon along the top represent the follow (in order left=>right):
Start HP - End HP - Held the Flag - Hit Count - Dmg. Inflicted - Hits Taken - Dmg. Taken - Avg. Dmg. Taken - Passed Out (you caused)
attachment.php

Attachments

• fortbattle.jpg
    fortbattle.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

all the battle reports are the same format. idk why you're all posting them.
The idaa is for a replay so we can watch the battle after it takes place

DeletedUser

I know that someone already posted it but they were asking what it looked like so I reposted one and added the icon meanings.

DeletedUser

Gem, could you get rid of the Fort Participant Limit in the title? That idea has been erased from this discussion. It's simply about the fort replay.

DeletedUser

zet 07-27-2009, 07:46 PM

The plan looks like that:
- the battle report for each player is replaced by a report that looks like the job report
- the report contains the information who has won and what happened to you (damage, money, items, etc.)
- the report contains a link to a page in the game which shows the reports as we know it
- these statistics can also be accessed clicking on the fort and then on an icon that is going to be placed somewhere
- all battle statistics (and replays in the future) of a fort are going to be accessible through the fort itself

So it looks like the devs are already working on replays for the future. This was mentioned in the beta forums 8 days after I first brought this idea up in the ideas/brainfarts section, so I couldn't have known.

DeletedUser

Thanks for letting me know guys. I shall lock this and deem it a successful idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.