Fort battle recruiting help

DeletedUser

Proposal
I found this idea on the beta forums that claims to ease your work in recruiting players for the fort. I like the idea so i brought it here. Look at the picture below, I hope you understand!

Current Workaround
The generals tell people to go to a CHATANGO.COM website and ask for rank.

Details
This helps the generals and captains rank people that are online quicker. Before battle, about 10 minutes left, and with this we can see who is online and who is offline! I think the picture explains it all.

Visual Aids
forthelp.png

Summary
I liked it on Beta forum why can't it be in this forum and maybe receive a vote.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List?
Yes/No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25632

jimmyjohnpizza, Please read the sticky threads before posting here. Ideas should use the idea form, be well thought out and balanced as well as contributing substantially to the game in comparison the coding effort required. Your idea fails to meet these standards, so please be sure to read the sticky threads and adjust your idea accordingly.

You should already know about this and I should not be having to remind you.

Sure, this idea wouldn't hurt and I consider it minor as we use an outside chat called Chatango to see who is online or not online for ranks and works good enough for me and other players.

I'm not going to close this thread but you need to adjust your thread to meet the guidelines otherwise It will be closed.

DeletedUser

thank you jon for letting me edit it and fix it i think this is a really great idea.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
It is a good idea, but I've noticed that when people are online, in-game on the fort chat, there's some people who aren't actually at the computer. When the chatango chat is posted, a fraction of the people in the fort chat join the chatango chat which means some are offline but they left their window open.
Your idea does give easy reference to who is online but it is as useful as the system we have now for fort battles.

DeletedUser22575

It is a good idea, but I've noticed that when people are online, in-game on the fort chat, there's some people who aren't actually at the computer. When the chatango chat is posted, a fraction of the people in the fort chat join the chatango chat which means some are offline but they left their window open.
Your idea does give easy reference to who is online but it is as useful as the system we have now for fort battles.

no difference then the chatango chat. if there window is open they will still show as online using the proposed change. does not mean they are.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
no difference then the chatango chat. if there window is open they will still show as online using the proposed change. does not mean they are.

But in chatango we make the people ask for a rank before they are given one just so we know they are online and don't just have the window open. We don't look at who's online in chatango then give them a rank.

DeletedUser22575

But in chatango we make the people ask for a rank before they are given one just so we know they are online and don't just have the window open. We don't look at who's online in chatango then give them a rank.

standard procedure and you are better off doing so than just looking for some on/off button as proposed that gives you no real idea if they are on or not.

DeletedUser

i have decided to let this creative argument go on without interruptions

I have added an "Abuse Prevention" part to it hope you like the edit of it.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
Not an argument, I agree with TJ.
Manual online status (eg saying hello in chatango) will still be the needed way of ranking people, because your idea shows the exact same as looking at the in game fort chat, except that your idea gives easier reference, like I said before.

The abuse prevention edit is a good way to fix the problem.
Only one problem. It is that some people may not want to talk all the time or have disabled the chat which means they'll be online but they won't be shown as online therefore won't get ranked.

DeletedUser

the abuse prevention would be better but my paint skills arent that great and i don't feel like adding a AFK part of it to the photo

DeletedUser30814

nice idea! this is my idea!you stole the beta forum!
and so did the Russians! they stole it and the beta forum!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DeletedUser

that its nice ideea

but you stole it from the beta forum

Its catalin 1994 ideeas and u stole it ..isnt fair....thief:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DeletedUser

Why bother say you own it and when you don't? It's a waste of typing power.

I'd like this idea to be implemented, but I'd prefer it in a system of where you select that you'll be online or offline for the battle.

DeletedUser

nice idea! this is my idea!you stole the beta forum!
and so did the Russians! they stole it and the beta forum!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
yes but i did post post that i found it in the beta forums

Proposal
I found this idea on the beta forums that claims to ease your work in recruiting players for the fort. I like the idea so i brought it here. Look at the picture below, I hope you understand!
I finally got to editing the photo and putting "AFK" in the key and showing examples and took out the abuse prevention part.

The "AFK" in the key means that that player hasn't done anything(talked or set jobs, sleeps, or duels) in the past 5 minutes.

anybody else want to add any constructive criticism about this idea.

Catalin1994 was the creator of this idea(on beta forums), I edited some of it to put it in the right format and said that I got this out of the beta forums. As people posted i realized what may be needed for this to pass and I added the "AFK" part of it.

I love to have great ideas be pass to the devs so I will dig up old topics if I like them (or put them on here from the beta forums LOL).

I liked your idea so whats wrong with it coming here, too?

DeletedUser22575

anybody else want to add any constructive criticism about this idea.

Catalin1994 was the creator of this idea(on beta forums), I edited some of it to put it in the right format and said that I got this out of the beta forums. As people posted i realized what may be needed for this to pass and I added the "AFK" part of it.

I love to have great ideas be pass to the devs so I will dig up old topics if I like them (or put them on here from the beta forums LOL).

I liked your idea so whats wrong with it coming here, too?

Still no improvement here over the present system.

Chata is still going to be used for ranking.

The AFK light is meaningless, 5 minutes AFK is nothing, people come to Chata, get ranked, and then go do other things before the fort battle starts.

As far as your dragging out old ideas because "you like them" they went no where for a reason.

DeletedUser

:hmf:OH! :no: In the original post it says 10 minutes till, what about at 5 minutes till, don't you want to know who is really ready to fight in the fort battle, that's what the "AFK" part of it means, you get to know who is active at that time.

DeletedUser22575

:hmf:OH! :no: In the original post it says 10 minutes till, what about at 5 minutes till, don't you want to know who is really ready to fight in the fort battle, that's what the "AFK" part of it means, you get to know who is active at that time.

5 minutes..10 minutes before....same difference.

At that point in time either all ranks will be gone or they will be asking for rank in chata.

And if at that point once they are ranked I could care less what they do until the battle starts.

If they are there when that chata chat is posted and waiting for it they are going to be active when the fort battle starts in most cases.

You can't expect players to be online to get a rank...ask for a rank...wait to be ranked...and then be there 10 minutes before so someone can check the AFK light to make sure they are still there.

This is a game and you have to be reasonable on what you can ask/expect from players.

They go smoke, fix something to eat, get something to drink once they have been ranked, and generally do it right in that time frame before the fort fight.

DeletedUser

Thats your opinion maybe others want the AFK part in it, I can go back and make it without the "AFK" part but still.

DeletedUser

The West sites seem secure, and the game includes online chat. The Chatango chats are additional and have no responsability for The West enterprise. So, I wonder why a secure (by itself) game would accept an unverified third-party and private tool as its optional "plugin"? Does The West oficially recommend Chatango for external chats? Or, if not, that is only tolerated with no responsability whatsoever?

I do not understand why is this discussion about Chatango chat. Does it make part of The West game and enterprise? Or is it a third-party tool tollerated by The West?