Fort Battle MVPs

DeletedUser17202

Proposal

Have a 'MVP' (Most Valuable Player) option for fort battles. After 10 rounds of a battle online players that participated in the battle will be able to vote who they think deserves the MVP. A small reward and report will be given to players.

Current Workaround
N/A?

Details
As said in the proposal there will be an MVP option for fort battles that onliners will get to vote for after 10 rounds have passed. The MVP reward will be given to said MVP players after the voting has completed and will be for whatever the members of the battle think is worthy of the MVP (Ie.for blocking or even just giving out orders or rushing when the command is given). The voting process will be done on both sides, each side will pick the member they think was the most valuable on their team and the greatest obstacle to overcome from the other side, or just someone they thought helped ruin their plans.

I was thinking either the online players would be able to click on the fort to get to the MVP voting page or the option would pop up on the side of the fort window after 10 rounds had passed. Players would not be able to vote for themselves.

Also as the numbers of the fort battle increase, to lets say 35, 75 and 100, there will be one more MVP rewarded for each stage. So 35-74 people will get 1 MVP per battle, 75-99 will get 2 MVPs and 100+ will have 3 MVPs. The MVP reward would be something small, but still an incentive to try to get, such as a wooden box or doctor's bag. As the number of players increase there will be the option to vote for more people. The voting window will say "You are allowed to vote for (1/2/3) people". If the player votes for more than the said number of MVPs (1/2/3) then their vote will be discarded.

Rewards could be -
1) Wooden box
2) Doctor's bag
3) Random product drop from: A)hard to do jobs (ie 400+ labor points). B) items needed for crafting such as hammers, hay, lead, uncut gems, etc. C) items with low drop chances (ie less than 5%) such as bag of loot or gold dust. Anything from this list would be a possibility.
4)Random item that helps fort battles, such as bayonet or weapons chain.
5)Random chance of all of the above items (randomness adds a nice surprise factor)
6)Full energy or hp refill after the battle
7)10% extra speed, or luck, or wages on jobs for a set period. Possibly for 12 hours.

Possible achievements could also be given with this if implemented. (Achievement for obtaining 1 MVP, 5 MVPs and 25 MVPs?)

Abuse Prevention
I believe this could be abused, especially in small fort battles with less than 30 people. My idea for the work around could be to limit these MVPs to battles of 35 or more people. Also to prevent abuse, the award would be something small such as a wooden box or doctor's bag. This should prevent any great items getting out as a result, but still a nice incentive.
Not sure how to prevent Futurama's abuse for this reward, but seeing as how the reward isn't great, if alliances want to rotate who gets the reward I don't see a major problem with it as its a wooden box (or other similar random reward ie doctor's bag - think wooden box would be best). Also if alliances do rotate, lets say between 20 onliners for a small fort, or even 15. Those 15 aren't going to be the same 15 each week (a lot are the same but not all can be at every fort every time) and it will take at least those 15 battles to rotate between each player. This will increase for each battle size (~30 onliners possibly for medium or 40 for a large if max amount of people attend). This would mean it would take at least a month to get through everyone or many more months for the larger battles.

In addition to the above, having members from both sides picking their MVP and the opposite sides MVP should help prevent any abuse that could be possible with rewards. Also when a player is chosen as the MVP, they cannot be chosen again for a set period of time (one week?).

Visual Aids
Not sure what this would look like, possibly a list of the people on your team that were at the battle and made it in with a box beside their name and a vote now at the bottom of the page. Might get some help making up a page for this later.

Summary
Its been bothering me for a while that the people that sacrifice themselves by trying to block the onslaught of attackers rushing a flag when defending get nothing, while the people that sit at the back (or offliners) reap all the benefits. This also applies to the attackers, if a flag rush is ordered a lot of people will hang back until they think they have the best chance of making it to the flag alive, or just sit back and not rush at all because they think its suicide. I think this idea will help promote teamwork and more people will be willing to help out for the greater good (alliances).

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

*Edit1* Changed MVP time voting option to after round 10 instead of at the end of the battle, can't vote for yourself - edit to rewards
*Edit 2* change to voting system
*Edit 3* Added more reward ideas and a delay to how often a person may be chosen as MVP.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

I think this a great idea, and the concept behind the idea is also great. However, I can see a problem. Not only would people be likely to "bully" others into voting for them, but alliances could sort out a rotation system to provide the rewards to everyone, whether they deserve it or not and that would take away the significance of the title. Perhaps no reward is needed, and the recognition alone would be adequate.

DeletedUser31859

Yeah. I agree with this idea. But I have one objection.

The players should not be able to vote them selves or all will vote themselves.

In other terms, this is an awesome idea and will bring the winner a feeling of greatness and will motivate him further. I agree with futurama that no rewards should be given. I hope it counts in achievements. Because, the best fighter of a battle will anyways, receive the best reward automatically :D

Thanks buddy :)

Deleted User - 1278415

Id suggest instead of a wooden box it be a medal acheivment.

It would be nice to have something to do in between rounds while waiting for the clock to tip down. Id say have the voting happen at any time.... not just a 5 min window at the end. Lot of people sacrifice themselves at the beginning and then run off to take care of RL issues. They don't want to sit around waiting to the end of the match.

Also there is no way of knowing when a battle will have 5 minutes left... oh correction if you follow Hellstromm you will know.

DeletedUser17202

Good points to the previous 3 replies. I'm sure if people were bullied into voting for someone they shouldn't be in that alliance anyways. I also agree that people shouldn't be able to vote for themselves.
I do think there should be some reward though, maybe not a wooden box if everyone is against it? but since wooden boxes (or better) are what people try for in battles and the whole reason that people don't block or rush when given the order I thought it would be a nice reward. Because the people that are blocking or rushing first usually don't get anything and end up feeling like why did I bother? Also it seems that no-one really cares for achievements by reading many of the posts about the bring medals back threads and medals don't seem like they will be given out either.

Open for more suggestions as to what the reward could be.

DeletedUser

yep trues its been like 1 year after the tex/mex battle where is the medals none great idea between but like as said in earlier post alliance will try to rotate between each other also this might as well bring about a new tactics like in fort battles so as to get the medals or whatever is implemented.

DeletedUser

Rather than nominating yourself, why not have the game do it? There are fort battle achievements, as well as xp earned from battles, that will allow MVP's to show up higher on the ranking page or have a special title or add towards a 'fort battle level' based on xp like the dueling level......

sorry for piggybacking on your idea, gogeta, but it just gave me several ideas that I've tried to cram into one little post :D

DeletedUser17202

Well this was more of a 'reward' for people that continually sacrifice themselves for the good of the alliance, than who does the best. People that do the best damage wise or what not get their rewards in the form of boxes and experience already. I thought this idea would promote teamwork and a sense of achievement to those who do continuously follow the orders first or put themselves in the front to take all the fire.

DeletedUser

I fear there is nothing we can do about hiders...there will always be one or two of them around...however, generally, the people that already get boxes and xp already do follow orders and tank in the front lines.

DeletedUser

I think this is a lovely idea. =)
Good Feather's idea of having the reward be an achievement is an interesting thought.
Not sure which I'd say to be better for this situation.

DeletedUser17202

Really? because everytime I'm in the front rushing I get nothing, except a quick death. The people that sit in the back and don't rush until the end get the boxes. The hiders also get boxes if they still have LoS. Basically everyone that isn't at the very front has the best chance at a box. Sure if the person has 10k hp then they will most likely get the dodging box if they tank but not everyone is specced for that.
I was hoping this idea would just give an extra incentive to the people that do choose to help they best they could. Sure it won't make everyone change their ways but hopefully it will help promote teamwork and the idea that if they do tank in the front and possibly die, they still have the chance to get something.

DeletedUser

I thought you already got dr.'s bag as a reward for tanking and dying early......I'm trying really hard to refrain from commenting on anecdotes....

DeletedUser17202

Well you usually only get the doctors bag for being one of the first what is it... 3 people to die? not for tanking and dieing during a flag rush, or blocking people that are trying to flag rush or even taking point on the tower or up at the north pushing towards a tower, which is what people might vote for the MVP to be. I don't think people would vote for the first 3 people to die as the MVP. I did add more to the rewards section however, I'm looking for more ideas for what everyone thinks would be a good reward and something people would be happy to have as the MVP but no-one has really put suggestions down except what I already had suggested (achievements but not everyone likes achievements - I do, but a lot don't). If this idea does make it through, I'm sure the developers will change the rewards if they have a great idea of what it could be that hasn't been suggested, I would love more suggestions though and a discussion on them if people do like this idea.

DeletedUser

Yea I think, as Gogeta's already saying, is that this is supposed to be a reward for the people who "take one for the team" per say.
While there are those who get the highest damage, or who dodge the most (definitely reward worthy too), this would be more of a gift for a team-chosen player who the team felt really deserved a prize for outstanding behavior. :)

Maybe they made a game-winning block from attackers, orrrr maybe they got to the flag first before the defenders could block it. I dunno, just some examples. Just a player the people voted in for being awesome I guess.

DeletedUser

People who come to fort fights usually know who the best players are. I for one do not need an award to let me know how good or bad I am. If you really wanted to reward a person for being a team player, have your alliance come up with a reward system. Free bayonet, chest or what not.

DeletedUser17202

Tucana would you take the time out of your day to give a player a free bayonet or give up your wooden box you just earned? I don't know, that sounds like a lot of work just to collect all the items yourself and then craft and set up a time to sell the item for as cheap as you could to a player that did a good job. In older worlds its most likely left to a small group of people to do this and that would be very time consuming as most people have their own goals. I was hoping this idea would encourage more active fort participation in older worlds and a small reward for the players that stick their necks out. This also benefits newer worlds to encourage teamwork.
Its not anything major like hey this person is the best player because they can do super damage and they deserve another steel lined box. The so called 'best players' get boxes and rewards all the time. This doesn't mean they were the most valuable.
I see the leaders and 'best' players sit at the back calling the shots in a lot of the fort battles I go to. They tend to get the best rewards and are the 'best' players because they know how to work the system.

DeletedUser

Tucana would you take the time out of your day to give a player a free bayonet or give up your wooden box you just earned? I don't know, that sounds like a lot of work just to collect all the items yourself and then craft and set up a time to sell the item for as cheap as you could to a player that did a good job. In older worlds its most likely left to a small group of people to do this and that would be very time consuming as most people have their own goals. I was hoping this idea would encourage more active fort participation in older worlds and a small reward for the players that stick their necks out. This also benefits newer worlds to encourage teamwork.
Its not anything major like hey this person is the best player because they can do super damage and they deserve another steel lined box. The so called 'best players' get boxes and rewards all the time. This doesn't mean they were the most valuable.
I see the leaders and 'best' players sit at the back calling the shots in a lot of the fort battles I go to. They tend to get the best rewards and are the 'best' players because they know how to work the system.

No I would not. But I don't need an award saying I was the MVP. And the best players don't always get boxes.

DeletedUser

@Tucana, I think that would be a good idea if the game made it easier to set up that kind of thing. You can't send items from player to player (cept for selling, which, granted u could sell for cheap, still a loss though), or if there could be like.. an alliance storage set up for this type of thing. Otherwise, have to say dealing with that ourselves, as players, is too much effort.

DeletedUser17202

Well if you blocked every battle and never got anything for it would you be happy with it Tucana? I don't want to make this personal but I do know quite a few players that stick their necks out and get nothing but a quick trip home and little to no exp. My idea is just to reward those players (or whoever the people at the battles decides deserves it). Its not to say you're better than someone, just that you deserve an extra little reward. A pat on the back and a thanks, and maybe a product or little bonus. Thats why I was asking for suggestions on how to improve my idea.

Also I said the 'best' players tend to get the the best rewards, not that they always do.

DeletedUser

I do block every battle. Then when I get low on health, I move to the back and become a sniper. And as stated before, if you wanna give those people who help the alliance out by blocking, give them a little something for their trouble.