Fort battle experiment (video)

DeletedUser41

That was excellent. I am sure it could be arranged, i suppose it would depend on what everyone else got as a reward though for it to be appealing to all players.

DeletedUser

well realm the most difficult part would be trying to get all people to participate in it equally.. difficult enough for people to follow orders in a normal fort attack/defense

DeletedUser41

Surely you can have the same outcome if say i declared on a small lokiju fort and only myself and lokiju fought in the battle?

We would both be generals, mark anyone who shows who doesnt know about it as traitor?

1 v 1, we would hide for say 40 rounds, both mount our respective towers and have a shoot out, if it looks like one of us is going to die before the final round, the guy in the lead can jump off the tower bonus into the fort.

Doesnt matter who wins, just see what we can get. I would give lokiju his fort back if i won.

Only problem would be if it was related to damage, but we wont know unless we try it out i suppose.

DeletedUser3543

I think, even marking people as traitors wouldn't exclude them from the fight unless the sides are full???

DeletedUser

I certainly would agree - but it doesnt work this way (at least i think so) :)
We need a full fort of participants to get the best items. And from whole this fort only one person would have to survive.

it might be hard - but i think it could be arranged - offliners or people who stay behind could be shot by online defenders/attackers.

Another thing - this could be arranged by one big alliance that has enough people to fill both sides - it would be easier to make people to kill themselves ;)

DeletedUser1121

if you need a few guys, just let me know.
I can manage to get my posse up there :)

DeletedUser

What i have found out from my experiments:

1. You do not need a full battle in order to get the most expensive items.
2. The money is spread around the people who find something, not survivors.

Meaning in theory, in a battle with 260 survivors, one person could find something worth 10.000 (if the 259 remaining players dont find anything).

Most expensive thing that has been found in my experiments is golden bullet (6750) + rusty breechloader (3150) = (9900). Noone found something to make up for the last 100.

As has been mentioned above, the hard part is getting the amount of attackers/defenders fairly even so there are a few number of survivors (i like to aim for 3 - 4 in total).

DeletedUser

Survivors who do not get any item have no impact on the value of items other survivors might get - they are irrevelant.

In the battle i mentioned before where one got golden bullet and the other got rusty breechloader there where 5 attackers and 3 defenders. Three attackers survived, one defender survived. 2 attackers got items (worth 9900 in total).

Regarding if losing survivors can get items - i dont know.

DeletedUser

WOW!!! Just 8 people participated!
Now i'm starting to think on how to organize such fort battle for ourselves :)

Thanks for this valuable info.

DeletedUser

If you want to experiment... host a big battle. Where you rig the battle so you basically chose which player you want to win. Then have everyone else running around with no clothing or fort weapons, except the person who you want to win. Then see what that player finds. Im pretty certain it is not against the rules of the game "yet"

DeletedUser

I dont think its a good idea as few people with guns who might joined this battle randomly or just forgot to take their weapon off might ruin it.

In addition as i understand now - damage you did in fort battle has nothing to do with reward you recieve. So i think german people idea that was shown in a movie is a good one as it ensures that everyone can get killed.

DeletedUser3543

I dont think its a good idea as few people with guns who might joined this battle randomly or just forgot to take their weapon off might ruin it.

In addition as i understand now - damage you did in fort battle has nothing to do with reward you recieve. So i think german people idea that was shown in a movie is a good one as it ensures that everyone can get killed.

Also, lots of people running around with no weapons attached are not likely to KO anybody, which increases the chance of lots of people surviving....

DeletedUser

i like lokiju's idea, however we would have to do this on a small fort.. where it is easier to control the players who are participating..
And it should be players who will follow orders.. so a select group of guys..
Further, we should let a low level player be the guy who wins.. (dont think it would make a difference.. but who knows)