Fort battle chat

DeletedUser

I want to ask, what is the chat client you guys usually use in fort battle beside in-game chat?
I want to find it as it have ok security and easy to use, but 2 year not being in game make me forget :(

Apelatia

Recently, I've not seen any alliance using an external chat client to conduct fort battle chat in. Chatango used to be well-used around .net, but nowadays the vast majority of leading is done in-game.

DeletedUser

I wonder if Futurama still remember, he was there when non-ingame chat is widely used.

DeletedUser31532

It was Chatango for sure. Apel is spot on. Thank goodness we don't have to use it anymore!

delldell56

some old timers used irrc chat as well, but it was never massively accepted because of connection issues. call me weird, but i liked using chatango for battles, as we could mute spam in battle chat in game and people were still able to banter and go wild on chatango. the downside was that you needed to have a really fast copy/paster with a steady connection to post the orders in game on time. these days, when i can go online to a battle, i don't even open the chat but have someone whisper me critical orders, otherwise i would have to put on ignore about 3/4 of the players online that find funny to post their own orders, youtube links or just spam too much.

DeletedUser22685

I wonder if Futurama still remember, he was there when non-ingame chat is widely used.

Yeah, like the others have said, Chatango is the one you're most likely remembering. It's been a good while since I last saw a battle that used an external chat though.

Welcome back btw :)

DeletedUser35968

the funny thing about the chatango chat was, some players post the secretexternalchat.chatango.com in county chat. :D