Fort Battle Builds Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

ok I understand, I want to go for fort fighting for now and build a soldier.
what about the mobility ability wich provide hiding and dodging skills ?
I believe it is also important

i also believe mobility is important, not just for the dodge and hiding skills for battles, but hiding helps out for many jobs down the road

DeletedUser

Nah. It's a total waster of points.
1. hiding is used only if you're defending
2. you start on the wall on tower so you have a sector bonus already
3. if you get out to snipe, you again don't need a dodge chance from hiding

Don't get me wrong, as I've said in my previous formula post, you need to have each skill at least on 1, and that includes hiding. And yes, hiding is a musthave skill for many nice jobs.

So then what's the correct bonus for Skill points now ?

Now when I've read it again, I see that I've misunderstood the question.

So, you need a table? Keep in mind that the bonus is always SKILL^0.4, and is rounded on 2 decimals.

These bonuses apply to any relevant fort skill: aim, dodging, leadership, hiding and stamina:

Code:
SP    bonus (rounded 2 dec)
0      +0
1      +1
6      +2.04
16     +3.03
32     +4
56     +5
88     +6
130    +7.01
181    +8
243    +9
316    +10

DeletedUser

Well, im completely shot on time right now, i am looking at these, and im pretty sure my new magic numbers are 88 and 130. If i get time ill redo this all, but as said, im really busy as of late.

DeletedUser

welll....this question might be noobish so pls dnt mind:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Well,in ur guide,saucey,u give division of SP and AP,and say that a fort fighter should put the points in those skills but according to the guide if we put all the SP and AP's in only 3 or 4 skills,how are we to do jobs???

DeletedUser

Nohow. You're supposed to specialize in something. Jobs? Ok go for jobs. Fort fights? Ok, fights it is. Or you can go for duels.

You simply can't make your character on one world to be the best in everything.

DeletedUser

If you want to do 2 or more (battles + duels, job + duels, jobs + battles), you will not be one of the best at all of them. You either chose one, most important to you and go for it and accept the fact that you will be average at the rest, or you will be average at all of them if you want to use half skills for this, half skills for that!

DeletedUser

Tanks

The good thing about the tank build is that:

1. If you defend with it you can hold the walls and get bonus without fear of being killed. So a tank army defending could work. (Notice I said could not would because it has not been done).

2. There is the chance that all of that HP can let you hold out long enough to take the flag. especially if there are multiple Tanks holding the flag.

3. It is really cool to have that much health.:)

Legion has been going that way for some time, it works, unfortunately I might add.

DeletedUser

Gaga you probably ment to say "it worked". :razz:
Since new bonuses were added, classic HP monsters (so called "pure fort figters" but actually pure HP soldiers) holding the flag would be wiped out by duelers in no time. Now the flagholders should be HP adventurers. On new worlds ofc... Because old worlds lack of duelers.

Gaga, is it true that a dueler level 15 with a brittle bow equipped did 1000 damage on you once? With one shot since he died in the next round... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nah. It's a total waster of points.

Keep in mind that the bonus is always SKILL^0.4, and is rounded on 2 decimals.

Newb question:
Where do you see this...?

on the help page I see..

"Skill bonuses are determined by the number of skill points to the power of 0.4 (and rounded to the nearest whole number)"

:eek:

DeletedUser

You mean why it's not whole number but is with decimals? Just join any fort fight or maneuver and you'll see that chances to hit and to dodge do have 2 decimals.

DeletedUser

So does that mean I will receive most bonus with this soldier?

@lvl 80
leadership 85 (68*1.25)
stamina 84 (80 str + 4 SP)
dodging/aim 84 ??

but is that even an OK build o_O?

DeletedUser

You're asking too much. Fort fight is not mathematically precise strategy game, only one wrong move you make can result in the bad outcome. Especially if you're out of luck.

It's not chess, because it relies greatly on the luck factor (I asked noone answered - did anyone ever try to play the fort fight with the holiday item set equipped?) you may have 200 chance to hit someone and still miss the player who stands on the flag. Works also in different way, you may stand on the flag and still hit the player who mounted his calss' tower.

I'm not saying that fort fight is a complete chaos. It is not. First you have to know the fight rules (who moves first, who shoots first, why you can't move if secorts are bloced, etc). Next you don't have to make an unbeatable fort fighter as it is not possible. What is possible is to learn how to play in fort fights and get maximum from your character, no matter what skills/stats it has.

Also please do remember what fort fighting players with years of experience said in this thread. It wasn't me, it was Gaga, Elmyr and some others. The only real advantage you can have in the fort fight over others is your health. This doesn't mean you should sacrifice all skills and put every AP/SP into STR/HP - you can do that when you reach the level cap (but know that the current level 99 cap will be moved to level 120 or even more). But it does mean your equipment should provide as much health points as possible and also that you should level up quickly to get more health from levels.

And those are just quick notes, there are many things I didn't even touch (the reasons why duelers don't need the best fort fighting weapon as other classes for example).
This thread cannot be a fort fighting cookbook. And such cookbook can't exist actually. Each fort fight is different. Only experience makes a good fort fighter, which means you need to join as much fort fights as possible.
But if you're asking for a soldier fort fighting build, then use bonuses your class have. That's health points and leadership. What for do you need aim on 84? Lower that one and leave the aiming bonus for duelers who should have as much successful (critical) hits as they can.

DeletedUser

OK.. I see.. so I need to join a fort fighting town ASAP then :D

But... what character class should I choose...?? (Like what are the benefits.. and which one is better...?)

thanks for answering..

DeletedUser

You don't need to join a fort fighting town. You just need to be a member of any town - townless players can't go to fort fights.

There is no "better" class, each class has it's own bonuses and you should pick up what you want most:
1. you want to be a HP monster? go for a soldier
2. you want to deal more damage than others? go for a dueler
3. you want to have more successful hits and dodges than others? go for a worker
4. you want to play Lemmings? go for an adventurer

Honestly I'd say skip the adventurer completely. I'm playing fort fights with that class on two worlds and if a life can be hard, then it's with this class.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How much HP is generally enough for a fort battle then...?

(sorry I have so many questions :[ )

DeletedUser6914

How much HP is generally enough for a fort battle then...?

(sorry I have so many questions :[ )

The only real answer for that is 1 more than the damage you receive. :)

As much as you want to put in there, really. You will last longer, but never forever.

DeletedUser

My best fort fighter has 3000, which is like 200 points on a non-soldier

Status
Not open for further replies.