Fort Battle Builds Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Yes it can be played without 3rd party chat.

However... Take this as just an example. You whisper the rank giver that you're currently online and you ask for a rank. He checks your inventory and spots a brittle bow. In the same time a player with a precise musket also whispers him and wants a rank.
If you were giving ranks, would you give a rank to a player with a bow or to a player with a musket? Assuming only one empty spot is left.

When you take a side in a fort fight, you must be aware of the simple thing - that side wants to win. To increase your chances, someone must filter players. Another example? You can't expect that someone will rank level 1 player and leave level 60 player aside.
Ranking someone who could help you more than the other one is hardly an abuse.

DeletedUser

So , the game can be played without this non-official chat. Then who allow to organizers to kick out players because they do not agree to join their chat , even if they are online in battle. I consider it a huge abuse to block the access of someone to a game which is not his property just because he don't agree to join to his private chat.
I've been blocked to play this game by players who aren't in any position to do that. Giving to generals the "ability" to kick players from battles it will result just in a lot of abuses , like removing me to invite his self friends , i hope that will be really investigated because is just not normal.
You need to understand a few things:
Who are these generals?
1) Founders of the town owning the fort
2) Founders of the town attacking the fort

Why do they have the power?
1) Is his town's fort
2) Is his town's money that were wasted on the attack

Why do some get kicked out?
- they are spies, rated as traitors and the battle is maxed out
- they are small in level or have small guns and the battle is maxed out

What does maxed out battle mean?
It means that the maximum amount of places have already been filled up

Maximum number of attackers / defenders:
  • Small fort: 50 / 42
  • Medium-sized fort: 100 / 84
  • Big fort: 140 / 120
When more players than the maximum listed above sign up for a battle, some will get kicked out. Who decides? The server or the generals.
If everybody is ranked, then the server selects the kicked outs (the sooner you get to the battle, the more chances you have to stay in the battle)
If there are only the maximum listed above ranked, that means those have a spot reserved and unranked people will get kicked out. Generals rank their town members, high level players and online players. The rest remains unranked.
Is not that they chose you to leave, they just chose others than you to stay. Has nothing to do with the external chat. Is a decision that needs to be done, or the general risks that a good fort battler will be kicked out by the server and in stead he will be stuck with a level 18 with no gun, throwing rocks.

DeletedUser

You need to understand a few things:
Who are these generals?
1) Founders of the town owning the fort
2) Founders of the town attacking the fort

Why do they have the power?
1) Is his town's fort
2) Is his town's money that were wasted on the attack

Why do some get kicked out?
- they are spies, rated as traitors and the battle is maxed out
- they are small in level or have small guns and the battle is maxed out

What does maxed out battle mean?
It means that the maximum amount of places have already been filled up

Maximum number of attackers / defenders:
  • Small fort: 50 / 42
  • Medium-sized fort: 100 / 84
  • Big fort: 140 / 120
When more players than the maximum listed above sign up for a battle, some will get kicked out. Who decides? The server or the generals.
If everybody is ranked, then the server selects the kicked outs (the sooner you get to the battle, the more chances you have to stay in the battle)
If there are only the maximum listed above ranked, that means those have a spot reserved and unranked people will get kicked out. Generals rank their town members, high level players and online players. The rest remains unranked.
Is not that they chose you to leave, they just chose others than you to stay. Has nothing to do with the external chat. Is a decision that needs to be done, or the general risks that a good fort battler will be kicked out by the server and in stead he will be stuck with a level 18 with no gun, throwing rocks.

A general should know his soldiers because i played another 3 battles before on the same side and i also changed some telegrams with the organizer about battles.
My level is 69 and have the most expensive items for battle skills (leadership/aim/stamina/hiding/dodge/hp) and maxed weapon for this level possible. So kicking me to invite some 40 levels it make me think how the battle gone be maxed out , especially because i was online.

DeletedUser

Hey don't you think that that's his problem? If he wants to lose... Don't stop him. ;)

DeletedUser

i want to reskil my worker to balanced FF.so,i need some advise where to put my sp,and what items to wear.

fort.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

After much experience in fort battles, I disagree with the entire basis of any pure fort build besides pure health. All fort skills are good job skills, besides aim and dodging, but that's really the only reason to focus on them. They don't seem to improve your chances of hitting dramatically and not being remotely specced for those skills doesn't hurt your performance that much.

Of course level is also important, so pure health doesn't work from a low level. I'd at least get to where I could use a precise Winchester first. I also like leadership because you get bumped less with high leadership.

As far as gear goes, again, health is the priority: brown stetson, black stetson, or fancy felt hat; brown coat; sandals; brown tie; firework (or parasol for a female in an attack); donkey.

You should also mention the importance of a good gun, preferably the best precise gun for your level and never a rusty gun. A precise gun does better average damage than a rusty gun two weapons better, e.g. a precise bow is better than a rusty harquebus. I also hate shot guns (pepper guns) and rifles. Over time you'll tend towards the average, but you will have some horrible battles sometimes.

After gun and health gear, the most important thing is speed gear: Indian or Mexican set and quarter horse. Indian is slightly faster, but Mexican is cheaper and, more importantly, you lose less hp when you change out of health gear when traveling between battles.

DeletedUser

Because snipers are usless, and their jobs would have to really suck just to make one semi work.

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot]~Balanced Build~[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This build is rarely used, but in my opinion, It’s better defensively than the Defensive build because of the HP, and has better jobs than both, but has less impact at forts than the specialized builds. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level 20[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]20 Strength AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (83%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10 Leadership (17%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top four Jobs: Hunting Coyotes (Xp), Picking Agaves (Xp), Building Bridges (Xp), Well Drilling (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level 40[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]40 Strength AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (42%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]70 Leadership (58%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Building Railroad station (Xp), Exploration (Xp), Building windmills (XP/$), Hunt Coyotes (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level 60[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]60 Strength AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (28%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]108 Leadership (60%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]22 Hiding (12%%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Drilling for Oil ($), Constructing a Manor-House (Xp), Clearing the Forest ($), Constructing Ranch House (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level 80[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]80 Strength AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (20%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]108 Leadership (45%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]71 Hiding (30%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11 HP (5%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Drilling for Oil ($), Chasing Bandits (Xp), Constructing a Manor-House (Xp), Clearing the Forest ($)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]*Note* With a few cheap clothing items, you can unlock even more good jobs by level 60. This has the best job ability of any fort build.[/FONT]​

Im confused. Are these the TOTAL amounts i should have at each level? Do I just get to 50 stamina and then put the points i get from the str ap into something else or what?
Sorry, im new to this and just want to know what the total stat values at each level should be.

DeletedUser

Saucey, this guide should be updated a bit.

The formulas for successful hit/dodge are not very complicated, but it's somewhat different than we used to think.

First, there is a number X used in calcualtions, and it's X=2/5=0.4
Instead of writing 0.4, I'll use X in the formulas.
Second, anyone who joins fort fight, even if he has no points distributed in skills/abilities, gets +25 to hit chance and +10 to dodge chance by default. That's why you can go into fort fights as a pure swimmer and still kill something.

All set? Ok, the base formulas (without soldier leadership bonus and sector bunuses):
Chance to hit=25+aim^X+leadership^X+stamina^X
Chance to dodge=10+dodging^X+leadership^X+hiding^X

Let's say we have nonsoldier defender who is standing on the ground inside the fort alone with this stats:
Lead 135
Dodge 16
Hiding 96

Obviously, that player according to the formula above have (I'm rounding the root):
Chance to dodge=10+16^0.4+135^0.4+96^0.4=10+3.03+7.11+6.21=26.35

What happens when a player is on a sector? That's also easy. Values from all sectors are displayed before a fight starts. So a tower level 3 in a small fort always adds 24 to chance to hit and 18 to chance to dodge.
So if our player from example is a dueler and is standing alone on a tower level 3 that is not dueler's tower, he gets:
Chance to dodge=base chance to dodge + 18= 26.35+19 = 44.35

But what happens if our dueler goes for dueler's tower level 3? That tower will grant him +15 class bonus on both chance to hit and chance to dodge, because it's his own tower, so in that case we'll have:
Chance to dodge=Base chance + 19 + 15 = 59.35

For more examples with pics, but without formula, you can check this post:
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=519738#post519738

As this is only the basics, I'm not covering worker sector bonus, but if you're a worker, your class gets even more on chance to hit and chance to dodge while standing on the building, tower or wall (30%, or 60 if class premium activated). However this 30/60% sector bonus doesn't apply on worker's class bonus if they're standing on the worker's tower. So a worker on worker's tower would get tower's bonus with 30% (or 60%) applied, and after that the worker only bonus would add to that.
Also I'm not covering soldier leadership bonus because of a fact that you'll be moving all over the place and you can't know how many points you'll get from a nearby soldier and if you'll get any point at all - there are too much of pure HP soldiers with 0 leadership lately in fort fights.

-------------------------

A few last notes:

1. As we had before in help/wiki, that you get +9 if your skill is 210... That is not correct any more. Now you get +8.50 if a skill is 210. You'd get +9 if your skill is 243.

2. We know that for any number N, 0^N=0, and 1^N=1. This means you should have at least 1 in all fort relevant skills. While attacking, a pure swimmer would get as a chance to hit 25+0+0+0=25. But "not that pure" swimmer would certainly have at least 1 (from SP, AP or equipment) in aim, leadership, hiding and stamina, so his chance to hit would be at least 25+1+1+1=28.

3. Noone knows and noone ever tested if luck bonus from holiday set applies to dodge/hit luck in fort fights.

4. Since the bonuses gained from skills drop rapidly as higer the skill goes (which is normal for any mathematical root), you get less chance (to hit or to dodge) if you put every AP/SP into one thing and neglect other fort relevant skills. Example? If you have 243 SP and put all 243 into aim, you get only +9 to hit chance. But if you distribute those 243 points equally into aim, leadership and stamina, that will be 81 into each of those three skills, while attacking you get +5.80+5.80+5.80=17.4!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am wondering why to focus all AP's on strength while all atributes contribute for fighting.

DeletedUser

but with 1 AP in charisma you cover +1 leadership, +1 tactics and +1 appearance which also affects fighting issue ? no ?
Mobility also have 3 important skills for fighting....
I am just trying to understand !

DeletedUser

Tactics and appearance are for dueling, leadership for battles.
If you want to do both (duels and battles) you will be average at both. If you want to be good, you have to chose one over the other, battles or dueling. Building your character for both will not make you pure battler of pure dueler. As I said, will make you average at both.

DeletedUser

ok I understand, I want to go for fort fighting for now and build a soldier.
what about the mobility ability wich provide hiding and dodging skills ?
I believe it is also important

Status
Not open for further replies.