Fort Battle Builds Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

No, but it makes it less likely. I'm trying to figure out what the chance to hit is with 0 bonus, then i could start to figure out the rest.

DeletedUser

Ok :).
Because my next question was going to be about how they calculate hit percentage and damage. But I guess I'll have to be content with it being magic :razz:

Thanks for all that though. I understand (most) of it now.:laugh:

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot]Part 1: The Builds.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Like with pure builds, you have to decide what you want to do with your fort fighter. Are you going to be a attack based fighter, and mainly participate on the attacking side? Would you rather be defending most of the time? Do you want to survive for long periods of time and be a shield to teammates? Want to be alright in all battle situations? These are the builds I will cover.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
~Attacking Fort Fighter~
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This build is aimed at fighters who want to be on the attacking side in battles. The skills used when attacking are Aim, Dodge, Stamina and Leadership. Down below is the build layout.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level 20[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]20 Strength AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (83%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10 Leadership (17%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top four Jobs: Hunting Coyotes (Xp), Picking Agaves (Xp), Building Bridges (Xp), Well Drilling (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level 40[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]40 Strength AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (42%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]70 Leadership (58%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Building Railroad station (Xp), Exploration (Xp), Building windmills (XP/$), Hunt Coyotes (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level 60[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]60 Strength AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (28%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]108 Leadership (60%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]22 Aim (12%%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Drilling for Oil ($), Constructing a Manor-House (Xp), Clearing the Forest ($), Constructing Ranch House (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level 80[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]80 Strength AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (20%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]108 Leadership (45%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]42 Aim (18%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]40 Dodge (17%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Drilling for Oil ($), Constructing a Manor-House (Xp), Clearing the Forest ($), Constructing Ranch House (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]*Note* This is if you’re not willing to change skills on the way. I personally take any stamina left after 71 and put it into Hp and 2 sp into Dodge[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]*Note* With the best items for fort fighting, you can easily unlock Two very nice cash jobs[/FONT]​

I have a couple of questions.

First, I am rather new to the game so what are the bonuses?

Secondly and Last I guess. According to another post the chance of landing a hit and dodging when attacking depend solely on stamina. Can I get away with just distributing points in strength and stamina If I just plan on attacking? What is the use of leadership, aim and dodge if I don't plan on defending?

DeletedUser

1. The bonuses are the bonus given to your chance to hit or dodge when you are in a fort battle.

2. That is completely wrong, and tell me where you read that so i can get that deleted because it is very inaccurate.

I'll lay this out so theres no confusion:

Attack:
Stamina (Dodge and Aim)
Leadership (Dodge and Aim)
Dodge (Dodge)
Aim (Aim)

Defense:
Hiding (Dodge and Aim)
Aim (Aim)
Dodge (Dodge)

The chance to hit is helped by the aiming skills defined by your side, same goes with dodging.

DeletedUser

Well, perhaps you should take a look at it... maybe I'm just misreading his words.

Here it is

Q. What skills are used in fort battles?
A. The chance to hit depends on leadership, aim and hide (defender) or stamina (attacker).
The chance to dodge depends on leadership, dodge, hide (defender) or stamina (attacker).
The hit and dodge values are also modified by distance to your enemy and your position, currently only towers, walls and buildings increase your chances, but there'll be other sectors that use skills to determine boni which bonuses you can see by moving your cursor over the sector before the battle starts, including the class bonuses for towers. The first post showed a tactics map, however that one is several months old and won't be used that way, but it should give an idea how it might be used later.

Appearance and Tactics plays no part in fort battles.

What about this? What is the relationship between the skills and the skills in parenthesis?

Attack:
Stamina (Dodge and Aim)
Dodge (Dodge)
Aim (Aim)

Defense:
Hiding (Dodge and Aim)
Aim (Aim)
Dodge (Dodge)

DeletedUser

You are misreading.
The chance to land a hit:
Attacker: leadership + aim + stamina
Defender: leadership + aim + hiding

The chance to avoid a hit:
Attacker: leadership + dodge + stamina
Defender: leadership + dodge + hiding

I do not recommend pumping just one skill point.

As for the skills, while aim and dodge are used for one action, leadership and stamina / hiding are used for both actions. Example: as an attacker you will use stamina and leadership both do dodge shots and land hits, you will use aim just for landing shots (hit people) and dodge just to avoid getting shot. (you get it from here).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Beat me to it Duduie =P

Well, I thought id give you a little info about the next update(s) I'm putting into the guide:

v2.0
-More builds (Real Hp Tank, some alternate builds etc.)
-lvl 99 layouts for all builds
-The real best items for each build

v2.1
-Re-spec to fort fighter information
-Best build period (might be 2.0, might be 2.2, im still having to spend a lot of time crunching numbers on it)
-Class guide (With the new bonuses, its needed) (when 2.28 comes)
-Pairing classes with builds

DeletedUser

No no no, you got that wrong.

Stamina is used when your an attacker, to hit and dodge.
Hiding is used when your a defender, to hit and dodge.

DeletedUser

.... So, leadership helps you to shoot and dodge, on both attack and defense. Right? That would mean that if you were going to do attack and defense, leadership would be used for everything.

Is there any reason then why you wouldn't just put all your sp into leadership? .....
Most of things Soy explained but there is one thing about leadership why you would want to have it above 100 if you are real fort fighter. One of the criteria for ranking your side people is amount of leadership you have (it goes straight after owning/attacking fort). This means that if you have higher then others leadership - you will move and shoot first then your comrades.

DeletedUser

lokiju, maybe, but I'd say maybe not.

I will agree with anyone who says that the most important skill in the fort battle is actually - movement. It's not something you get with SP and AP, it's something you become skilled with after doing much fort fights. If you're good at this, you can predict what happens in the next round on the opposite side and move accordingly to get LOS or to hide behind someone (if you got low on health).

The changelog says this:
Turn order in fort battles defined: Fort owner and attacking town members go first, followed by recruitment rank, leadership points, stamina, and dodging.

And this means, you can have 87965275634 SP in leadership, but in 99.99% cases you'll still move AFTER someone. And be pushed away. And get killed on the wall pushed on the edge because you were ranked as private, but some level 24 player with 0 leadership got ranked as captain and jumped on the wall on your position. He doesn't care for your 100 HP because you took the heavy damage in previous 20 rounds, he doesn't care you'll be killed in the next round because of him - he knows nothing about fort fights and is not a team player, he just wants to take that certain spot, why would he go on the edge, he has full health - 200 HP! And he is a captain that dealt 90 total damage to the enemy in 20 rounds. :D

Which brings us to the second most important skill in a fort fight and that's diplomacy. To get a cpt rank you don't need AP/SP, right? Just some nice talk with the fort fight general. If a no use level 24 player managed to get that rank, why shouldn't you? ;)

DeletedUser

Is the Fancy dress coat really the best item for these builds? I agree that you should try to boost aim/dodge, but e.g. Black dress coat gives 10 aim, 2 charisma. The fancy dress coat gives 9 aim, 1 charisma, 1 mobility. But the Black costs less than half as much as the Fancy one, and gives +2 leadership, instead of +1 leadership +1 hiding (that is the black helps more both in defense and attack).

DeletedUser

I put fancy for jobs. I will update this, but ive been really short on time =(

DeletedUser

question

Can anyone explain to me why we need to connect to external website which is not official part of the game to get "ranked" as condition to participate to fort battle ?

If we really need that "ranked" why is not that part of official game ? There was a "missing part of the game" and thanks God some smart players found the way to complete it ?

I ask because i missed an important battle just because i didn't join to that [.......] outside chat to get this very important "ranked" even if i joined after an invitation to join there and i got a message like "you joined the battle" or something , was not my first battle anyway but when the battle has begin i saw im not anymore in fortand the only one explain was that "you didnt join to blablabla chat to get ranked"

DeletedUser

Currently the ingame fort chat allows only generals and captains to write something there. Most leaders want onliners in their fight and the only way to know if a player is online is to ask him to whisper (and you could do that) or to use 3rd party chat.

DeletedUser

So , the game can be played without this non-official chat. Then who allow to organizers to kick out players because they do not agree to join their chat , even if they are online in battle. I consider it a huge abuse to block the access of someone to a game which is not his property just because he don't agree to join to his private chat.
I've been blocked to play this game by players who aren't in any position to do that. Giving to generals the "ability" to kick players from battles it will result just in a lot of abuses , like removing me to invite his self friends , i hope that will be really investigated because is just not normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.