Fort Battle Builds Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

That had nothing to do with the skill setup. That skill setup is terribad, doesn't matter wether it's early or late.

DeletedUser

It does have something with the setup.
You're forgetting the most important thing - not many players had a better build!

Even now not many players have a better build than you did. On w12, ofc, dunno anything about other worlds. ;)

And it does matter early or late. It doesn't matter in a way that fort fight is a teamwork, but you're not realistic, your early high level means everything in an early fort fight where you can kick all by yourself 10 of 500- HP players.

DeletedUser

The best for defense (if you don't take hp into consideration) are the following items:
green top hat, black leather jacket, moccasins, mustang, holy talisman.

I used that on w12 for a while and at level 65 I had this:
67 mobility, 3 hiding, 0 dodge, 116 aim, 83 leadership

If you take in the bonus I got from the items I mentioned above, my total skills were: 115 hiding, 116 leadership, 116 aim, 72 dodge.

Distance matters a lot.

Well I guess you don't need HPs if no one can hit you, lol. Very nice!

Is there any info or formula on distance? Is there anything you can do to improve ranged accuracy, perhaps certain guns or higher elevations?

DeletedUser

Kudos on the informative thread. I have a few questions to add.

I saw distance briefly mentioned a few pages back. Is this really a factor and does anyone know the specifics? Would towers/walls help offset distance? Is there a point where your closeness gives you a bonus?

Does shooting through the gates affect aim?

Has anyone figured out the best point for point gear and built(or respec) their character around that gear?

I know that when forts first came out there was a scale for distance vs aim... Ahh, from the help file:

• -1 penalty with a distance of 1 and more
  • -2 penalty with a distance of 2 and more
  • -4 penalty with a distance of 3 and more
  • -5 penalty with a distance of 4 and more
  • -7 penalty with a distance of 5 and more
  • -9 penalty with a distance of 6 and more
  • -10 penalty with a distance of 7 and more
  • -12 penalty with a distance of 8 and more
  • -14 penalty with a distance of 9 and more
  • -16 penalty with a distance of 10 and more
  • -18 penalty with a distance of 11 and more
  • -19 penalty with a distance of 12 and more
  • -20 penalty with a distance of 13 and more
  • -22 penalty with a distance of 14 and more
  • -24 penalty with a distance of 15 and more
So the bonuses given on a tower can offset these. Lets say your on a maxed tower of your class, 27 bonus defence. Then add my 20ish bonus to hit, + the class bonus of 20 = 67 bonus (I think that's how it goes based on my experience, im not 100% sure though) 67-24 is still a massive 43 bonus. Usually your not that lucky to be on the tower of your class like that =P If your on the ground you still are only a -4 which is better than the other guys -24.

The gate has no effect on shooting at all. Elevation just affects los.

The best gear and building a build around it... I guess I can look into that.

DeletedUser

Ah thank you! Never been to the help forum, I didn't figured it would tackle complex questions.

This explain why guys in the dueler tower shoot through the gate and a mile down the road with such accuracy, lol.

DeletedUser

*Note* This is if you’re not willing to change skills on the way. I personally take any stamina left after 71 and put it into Hp and 2 sp into Dodge

I dont understand the part I put in bold do you 71 levels or what?

DeletedUser

I am not sure if you know that but the fort bonuses work with decimals, so by having 90 stamina you will have around +6.5 bonus. You don't need to reach any marks to acquire a bonus.

DeletedUser

decimal calculation

[FONT=&quot]Fort Battle Builds Guide[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot] So, you really like fort battles and want to take it to the next level? You want to go all out and make a pure fort fighter? Are you tired of your old build and want a change of pace? This guide is for everything to do with building fort fighters and winning battles.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]First off, I wanted to post the Bonuses scale. When building a fort fighter, the higher the bonuses, the better.[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]+1 bonus with one point and up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]+2 bonus with 3 points and up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]+3 bonus with 10 points and up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]+4 bonus with 23 points and up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]+5 bonus with 43 points and up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]+6 bonus with 71 points and up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]+7 bonus with 108 points and up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]+8 bonus with 155 points and up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]+9 bonus with 211 points and up[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So the max bonus you can have is 27 (9x3) The bonus is in decimals. (Ex: you can have a 5.7 bonus)
[/FONT]​

Since the fort bonus isn't linear with skill point, how do you calculate the decimals? Is it simply linear interpolation between points, or is it done more accurately than that? Also, is there a way in-game to verify these bonuses? How was the above information discovered?

DeletedUser

The above information is taken with copy paste from the help page, provided by the game developers. :)

DeletedUser

Decimal Calculation

Ok. I found the bonuses listed in the game help. Nowhere is the fractional bonus mentioned. Is that something the devs revealed? Did they reveal how it's actually calculated?

DeletedUser

The external site westcalc shows us there are decimals when you ask it what your best clothes are for a fort fight. I trust that one. It's probably just a curve from what values we already from the help file to determine where the fractionals are.

DeletedUser

I have a few questions.

This may sound stupid to some but does a Precise Bow more accurate then a Brittle?

If not then is there something else apart from aim that give you a better chance of hitting someone?

What does stamina do?

Should my attacking fort fighter later on in the game put the skill point from stamina into aim?

Saucey why do you think a donkey would be better then a quarter horse?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No questions are stupid to me =)

1. The weapon type has no effect on accuracy at all. Some people are superstitious about it, but it doesn't.

2. The bonuses give you a better chance to hit someone. Aim, leadership, stamina (attacker) and hiding (defender) all help you get a bigger aim bonus.

3. Stamina helps you dodge and hit more often, but only when you are attacking.

4. Yes, I highly recommend putting that extra stamina into aim or dodge or hp, but make sure your stamina is over the 71 mark.

5. Donkey is part of the mexican set, which when paired with another mexican set item (sandals, or tequila if you don't have the fireworks rocket), gives you 1 str.

DeletedUser

Hi. I was just reading through this thread (I'm respeccing from pure builder to fort fighter in w11) and this made me think of something.

So, leadership helps you to shoot and dodge, on both attack and defense. Right? That would mean that if you were going to do attack and defense, leadership would be used for everything.

Is there any reason then why you wouldn't just put all your sp into leadership? I mean, AP would probably still go into STR/MOB, but since leadership is always used, wouldn't it make sense (if you had enough money and were going to just fort fight) to put all sp into leadership? Even with the bonuses, if leadership is just as important as aim and stamina for shooting as an attacker, but you use it for twice as many situations as aim/stamina, leadership seems more useful.

Sorry if I've misunderstood the game mechanics.

DeletedUser

It is the most useful, but think about this:

Ok, you put all sp into leadership, +9 bonus on both attack and defense, and everything.

Lets say you put just 108 in leadership, the you have +7. But you have 103 left of your 211 to put in other skills. Put 43 in aim and dodge, and you have a +5 bonus on attack and defense, at all times. +12 bonus instead of the +9, and you have leftover points. This help?

DeletedUser

It is the most useful, but think about this:

Ok, you put all sp into leadership, +9 bonus on both attack and defense, and everything.

Lets say you put just 108 in leadership, the you have +7. But you have 103 left of your 211 to put in other skills. Put 43 in aim and dodge, and you have a +5 bonus on attack and defense, at all times. +12 bonus instead of the +9, and you have leftover points. This help?

Originally, I thought that that would be a better way to go about it. A balanced build feels like it should be spread out.

Example:
Say there's two players, player A and B, both trying different "balanced" builds:
A has 211 points in leadership
B has 43 leadership, 43 stamina, 43 hiding, 43 aim, and 43 dodge (215 points I know, but it makes nicer numbers)

So say we're attacking a fort, and it's time to shoot.
A has a total of 211+9=220 points towards shooting
B has (43+5)+(43+5)+(43+5)=144 points towards shooting.

And would be the same in every situation. B gets more bonuses, but A gets a higher total towards each situation.
Even though B has used 4 more skill points, he seems to have weaker shooting/dodging totals. Even if he has the attacking/defending builds you made, player A would still have a higher shooting/dodging total.

This doesn't seem right to me either though. Does it work some other way?

DeletedUser

A has 9 points in both aiming and dodging (211 = 9 x 1)
B has 15 points in both aiming and dodging (43 = 5 x 3)

B gets a higher total in all situations, its not about higher skills, its higher bonus.

DeletedUser

Oh, I guess I misunderstood the help page then.
All this time, I thought bonus did the same thing as clothes, except the effect was only in a fort battle. :blink:

So in a fort battle, it's not your total sp that counts, your shooting capability is just 9 for A, or 15 for B, or whatever the bonuses add up to. It was the word bonus tripping me up the entire time. :razz:

One last question:): If your bonus total minus your distance penalty is 0 or below, does that make it impossible to hit someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.