Fort Battle Builds Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

If your offline, try to station yourselves at the middle or in a building. I found that really helps me.

DeletedUser16002

If your offline, try to station yourselves at the middle or in a building. I found that really helps me.

If by the middle you mean the flag then that is a terrible idea. You can be hit from anywhere in the walls and you receive negative attack and defence values.

The best place to position yourself if your going to be offline is on the back wall.

DeletedUser20647

I dont know....what the heck is wrong with my character...I fought in a battle jesterday, lasted 7 rounds and i managed to get 0 hits, today, just now, i had a battle and i managed to hit once out of 14

Has anybody got any suggestions ?
My stats: LvL 48
Strenght- 48
Stamina- 76
Aim- 36
Dodging- 10
Leadership- 67

Don't take the -24 distance penalty :dry:

DeletedUser

Well, i have built my char pretty much for attacking only and im never offliner.
What really pisses me off, is that pure workers are hiting me more than im hiting them..
Guess im just gona add more leadership....

DeletedUser

If by the middle you mean the flag then that is a terrible idea. You can be hit from anywhere in the walls and you receive negative attack and defence values.

The best place to position yourself if your going to be offline is on the back wall.

I meant the middle toward the walls. Like press against them :laugh:

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot]Level 60[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]60 Strength AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (28%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]108 Leadership (60%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]22 Aim (12%%)

How am i supposed to have 50 stamina when i have 60 AP placed on strenght ?
Or is it total 110 on stamina ?
[/FONT]

Total 110

On positioning just follow what your leaders plans are =)

DeletedUser

Could you shed any light on what clothing the attacking build could wear if defending or vice versa?

DeletedUser

If your an attacking build, but have to defend, hiding is your most important stat. Try the full Indian set because of its speed and hiding bonuses

DeletedUser14029

Against Towered folks, either scramble onto wall, scramble onto a tower, or horde-rush their tower and go for a close-up.

DeletedUser

Well, now that I'm finally done with my w6 re-specced fort fighter, I thought id show you the skills and clothes he's wearing.

These are his skills at level 78:

Here are my clothes:

I'm completely LOVING this build. I'm using the attacking build I mentioned with the stamina re-specced into hp, giving me a nice amount of hp to work with. In 1 level ill equip my precise Winchester and i should be at the top of every battle I'm in. I'm close to that with just the percussion rifle. I'm not that great at forts, so I give most of the credit to the build. I am trying to figure out what torso to use right now, looking at both jobs and forts, but ill get that posted later. Updates on this guide are soon to come =D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Saucey, shouldn't the complete charlatan's set be of more use on such build?

DeletedUser

Nice one Soyce!

i suggest that you put 2 more sp to dodging and 12 more to aim - so you reach this 71 point mark for extra bonus:

Skill bonuses

• +1 bonus with one point and up
  • +2 bonus with 3 points and up
  • +3 bonus with 10 points and up
  • +4 bonus with 23 points and up
  • +5 bonus with 43 points and up
  • +6 bonus with 71 points and up
  • +7 bonus with 108 points and up
  • +8 bonus with 155 points and up
  • +9 bonus with 211 points and up

2 months ago i've started playing on .ru server. Made pure fort fighter. Now its level 52 and has such stats right now (without clothes):
Strenght 54
Aim 47
Leadership 113

It is ok in battles and still is good for jobs.
Leadership is pretty good when it comes to getting higher rank in fort battles, so not sure if i remove much from it in future.

DeletedUser

1 leadership, 1hp, 9 dodge, 21 stamina, 27 aim is what you get on Charlton set.
18 leadership, 29 hp, 23 dodge, 3 stamina, 16 aim is what you get with what I'm wearing.

I like the hp bonus from what I'm wearing, but i guess the Charlton set is a little better.

To lokiju: Since decimals count, I dont really worry too much about being exact

DeletedUser

Saucey... um I've analyzed this a bit... Shouldn't you put something else on your belly?
Red clothes for example - you get 6 points in both leadership and health. Assuming your prime goal is the maxed health bonus.
But if it's not, while defending, wouldn't a fancy leather jacket fit you better? Or brown leather jacket? Or you just want to attack, attack and attack. ;)

DeletedUser

Im re-looking at all that as we speak ;) I gotta buy my torso anyway, I've been using my brown poncho in battles for the 6 dodge, 4 stamina + 1 str. on w12 I use the red clothing, and its alright. I'm still thinking about just using a black dress coat, for the 10 aim and 2 charisma. Since the build lacks aim the most with bonuses. Yeah, that coats better for defense =p

DeletedUser

Kudos on the informative thread. I have a few questions to add.

I saw distance briefly mentioned a few pages back. Is this really a factor and does anyone know the specifics? Would towers/walls help offset distance? Is there a point where your closeness gives you a bonus?

Does shooting through the gates affect aim?

Has anyone figured out the best point for point gear and built(or respec) their character around that gear?

DeletedUser

The best for defense (if you don't take hp into consideration) are the following items:
green top hat, black leather jacket, moccasins, mustang, holy talisman.

I used that on w12 for a while and at level 65 I had this:
67 mobility, 3 hiding, 0 dodge, 116 aim, 83 leadership

If you take in the bonus I got from the items I mentioned above, my total skills were: 115 hiding, 116 leadership, 116 aim, 72 dodge.

Distance matters a lot.

DeletedUser

George, I believe Saucey is trying to find the best item combo that gives the most bonuses on nonjob skills - aim, dodge and health.

From his screenshot you can see that he got aim+18, dodge+27 and health+30 (total 75).
This heavily beats the charlatan set's skillpoints of aim+27, dodge+9 and health+9 (total only 45).

The only problematic part of his equipment is black clothing. It boosts only leadership. That's why I've mentioned the red clothing (+6 leadership and +6 health) and he opted for a better item, but gentleman's coat is maybe even nicer (+9 aim, +1 dodge, +1 lead, +1 hide).

Of course, everything will depend on your build, so someone without a single hiding point can use the indian set to get hiding+46 while defending, but then again this set doesn't give a health bonus.

You told us yourself, permanent AP/SP we should invest more on skills that give jobs. ;)

DeletedUser

I guess I should've quoted.. but I was replying to Billy Winchester's post. What I did in world 12 was total crap. I don't recommend anyone to do that, but using those items does give the highest total bonus you can get on defense(neglecting hp and fixing your stats to fit those items perfectly).

Status
Not open for further replies.