Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I'm making a 'balanced' FF atm and a level 20 I've got:
20 AP Strength
21 SP Leadership
12 SP Hiding
24 SP Aim

It's terrible for jobs because of all the SP in Aim (clothes help with jobs) but what do you think of it as a build for actually Fort Fighting.
As I've started should I continue or do you think I'll make a better fighter if I switch to what you have?
If I do carry on what do you think I should put SP into at higher levels? (Listed like yours would be helpful if possible). Should I carry on adding to Aim as I've started then use different clothes to boost the other stats?

All help and ideas would be greatly appreciated!

You said it yourself... WAY too much aim at a low level... You shouldn't start putting Aim into the equation until level 45+

I'd just go with pure leadership SP with pure strength AP until you unlock Manor-House / Protecting Track / ect. then start stamina until about 80-90... THEN at that point, start putting your SP into the other various fort skills.

Aim is definitely NOT needed at such a low level... you won't be fighting in forts at level 20, so why would you want Aim?

DeletedUser16008

That would be great. The builds I posted are more like guidelines. Your still free to choose whatever you would like.

Fantastic guide Saucy and yes plenty of scope to play around with those numbers depending. :)

One thing i would like to add, its not what your build is like that will set you apart but what you do IN the fort battles that will make a difference.

Movement and placing in the right place at the right time will greatly increase your success rate. Its amazing how few fort fighters know how to make the most of their build in battles.

BTW none of my builds are set for forts in case your wondering, not in the slightest, im purely built for dueling and don't see an overall advantage in sacrificing that for forts. IMO fort builds and their use in game are overrated but good luck to all you fort fighters out there.

DeletedUser

You said it yourself... WAY too much aim at a low level... You shouldn't start putting Aim into the equation until level 45+

I'd just go with pure leadership SP with pure strength AP until you unlock Manor-House / Protecting Track / ect. then start stamina until about 80-90... THEN at that point, start putting your SP into the other various fort skills.

I would do stamina till 20, because of the tons of 40-50% xp jobs you get, then go leadership. Your 100% correct about the aim. Non job skills come last.

Fantastic guide Saucy and yes plenty of scope to play around with those numbers depending. :)

One thing i would like to add, its not what your build is like that will set you apart but what you do IN the fort battles that will make a difference.

Movement and placing in the right place at the right time will greatly increase your success rate. Its amazing how few fort fighters know how to make the most of their build in battles.

100% Correct. I can't stress how important it is to be good at fort battles. You cant win just by having a build, you need to know how to use it.

Sometimes things just don't go your way. You aren't superman. I thought I would be fine when I was on my fort fighter and I went on my classes building when me and another guy in 1 hit territory were all alone in the battle. He was over in the -10 zone. Guess what? Even with my insane bonuses and him being next to the flag, I lost. Don't think it's all the build, it's how you use it.

DeletedUser

OK... Firtsly, thanks for the great guide!
I've now decided that I can easily make an 'attacking' fort fighter from what I've got. I can just plow all the SP into Stamina then Leadership and already be set with a small amount of Aim (should help a little when I get attacked being a Soldier lol).

Just to make sure...
20 Strength AP and 50 Stamina SP would mean a total level of 70 Stamina right?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm making a 'balanced' FF atm and a level 20 I've got:
20 AP Strength
21 SP Leadership
12 SP Hiding
24 SP Aim

It's terrible for jobs because of all the SP in Aim (clothes help with jobs) but what do you think of it as a build for actually Fort Fighting.
As I've started should I continue or do you think I'll make a better fighter if I switch to what you have?
If I do carry on what do you think I should put SP into at higher levels? (Listed like yours would be helpful if possible). Should I carry on adding to Aim as I've started then use different clothes to boost the other stats?

All help and ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I do not think you are doing it right. First you must decide on what is decent fort fighter, that is from what level you become one - in my opinion only when you have at least level 53 gun you can be counted as one.
Personally i've tried building FF on beta from beginning - its really hard to level and its not worth it as at low levels you do very little damage because of low level gun), it take long to travel - because you dont have good horse and +speed items, so not able to to participate in fort battles far afar, in addition you usually die after 3 hits, miss a lot and get hit often.

So my suggestion - do not build FF from level 1. Better put AP to atributes needed to fort battles and SP to skill that give you good exp jobs. Level up to at least level 53, buy good gun, change your skills to the ones you like and have fun.

This way you will become fort fighter much faster.

DeletedUser

Aye, I'd tend to agree with Lokiju here. I didn't actually start building my fort fighter character until level 65. I've made a few changes here and there (taken away skill points from one area and added them to another) and I'm happy with the results so far. I still have a lot to do, but I make sure to pay attention to where I put my skills now.

DeletedUser

I appreciate the input guys.

Peter and sauceysauce have kindly already pointed out that adding to purely FF type stats will not be worth it until later levels, as is suggested in the build guide - starting off by going straight to 50 stamina basically.

I have now realised this, you learn from your mistakes right!
In my post above lokiju I have mentioned that I'm going to change direction for now to basically follow the original guide as is stated for an attacking based FF - build up my Stamina and Leadership for now.
Obviously I didn't make an ideal start but I can easily (if slowly) recover.

As my first I like to have something to follow then when I become more experienced I like to try things. That's my method and it works for me :)

DeletedUser

I was going to re-skill to a fort fighter but didnt but know a few tips for moving.

ALWAYS FOLLOW COMMANDERS ORDERS

Plus only move ONE SECTOR AT ONE TIME not one square but ONE SECTOR. This will cause your man to move to the right spot MOST TIMES unless someone else moved their. this is the the main reason why it is easier to move from the south to the north of the battle grounds outside the fort because the sectors are a lot bigger.

Another fort fighter tip it is in your best interest but the lvl 60-70 to have the indian set and quarter horse plus the best HP gear to allow you to prepare for as much fort battles and have the best gear. You will soon find out which fort battles are going to be close and need you to dodge more so have a few other handy gear e.g Defence gear, Attacking gear, and Dodging gear and high aiming gear ; P

I find that will help some new fighters if they could be bothered reading this ; P

DeletedUser

I was going to re-skill to a fort fighter but didnt but know a few tips for moving.

ALWAYS FOLLOW COMMANDERS ORDERS

Plus only move ONE SECTOR AT ONE TIME not one square but ONE SECTOR. This will cause your man to move to the right spot MOST TIMES unless someone else moved their. this is the the main reason why it is easier to move from the south to the north of the battle grounds outside the fort because the sectors are a lot bigger.

Another fort fighter tip it is in your best interest but the lvl 60-70 to have the indian set and quarter horse plus the best HP gear to allow you to prepare for as much fort battles and have the best gear. You will soon find out which fort battles are going to be close and need you to dodge more so have a few other handy gear e.g Defence gear, Attacking gear, and Dodging gear and high aiming gear ; P

I find that will help some new fighters if they could be bothered reading this ; P

God, This topic is amazing! People are coming together, putting their views down, and it's not a flame fest. What's better is, were all mostly right!

Ok, that aside, what you stated is 100% correct. 1 section by 1 section is the quickest way to move, unless you have guys in all the sectors you will travel in. Then I think you can jump more than normal. (Can I get a check on this? Ive got a battle in 3h ill try it on)

At Lokiju about the statement on re-specing vs beginning: Fort fighters from the start aren't that bad. I've got to 32 so far after joining w12 way late. Just focus on xp until oil, then factor that in. I respeced my 69 to fort fighter, and now I'm just moving excess from when I started to hp. I love that char and what it can do. Either way, it's a good build. If you re-spec, you'll need a bit of cash, which you can make (I was a pure con, so I had oil and forest clearing) If you start from the beginning, it will be slower than some other builds from 1-50. Either way, you end up the same, its just how you feel like doing it.

At lokiju about his statement on not being good until level 53: I say 43 is when you start pulling away. You get a presice musket and you have around 1k- 1.2k hp. That's where I see these builds being effective.

Good posts guys!

DeletedUser16008

At lokiju about his statement on not being good until level 53: I say 43 is when you start pulling away. You get a presice musket and you have around 1k- 1.2k hp. That's where I see these builds being effective. Good posts guys!

You can get in forts to lvl up from real early on... rocks can have a great effect and its poss to lvl 5 or 6 lvls from one battle. Just stay well back ;)

Precise Bow until the Precise Musket ( My favorite gun ) does fine and keeps the cost down as they are so expensive... then i find it hard to beat the Precise Percussion until finally the Precise Winchester. Average dam will ALWAYS balance out better with the best min - max dam over time.

Be prepared to sacrifice for the cause and youll win more battles. Dying early is an occupational hazard and should be seen as an expectation rather than to be avoided at all costs especially if its going to lose your team the battle. Victory mostly favors the brave.

Don't hang back and snipe try to get as close up as possible and FOLLOW ORDERS IMMEDIATELY, rotate once down to 25% hp and back off still keeping a Target AT ALL TIMES if possible.

Learn how to move properly and professionally and always think one move ahead of the round and the pack.

Watch the line of sight from walls and gates, towers etc and get to know them well. forts differ in sectors depending on the size so learn them all both as built and unbuilt.

If your getting shot and dont know why your doing something wrong.

DeletedUser

I am messing around in W2 with a pure HP build, it comes in handy when you are facing more enemies. But as you said, no good jobs nor even decent ones, but I still love it as I can help the guys when I am on the front lines...

I find going pure construction soldier till higher levels, then re-skilling towards a forter, a good way to get high jobs early on and to get leveled up pretty fast.

The way I see it, high HP wins battles if you know when is the right time to move...

DeletedUser

Thank you Victor Kruger & Sauceysauce,
after reading your posts i've understood limitation of my view :)
I've always played (and created new chars) in old worlds, never in a world newly created. As i understand it now - building FF from level 1 in a newly created world might be useful as by the time forts will be build he will be high enough level to make a difference in fort battles where other players are about the same level or lower and have worse stats + forts are unfinished - lots of opportunity for good exp.
Thanks.

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot]~The Tank~[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] This build is definitely NOT a great one for jobs, and it is HIGHLY advised not to do this from the start. This is mainly a build for very high players who have no use for Xp anymore. That and people who just want to mess around in this game.[/FONT]​

You're forgetting one major source of XP for active fort fighters...

DeletedUser

True true. They can make a lot of xp if you have battles going on every day.

DeletedUser

True true. They can make a lot of xp if you have battles going on every day.

It depends on how much of a hurry you're in. On w1, where I was almost fully respecced as a melee dueler, I think I'm on 12 or 13 levels now of XP 100% from fort battles besides a few quests. I'm level 85 now. I might have even been in the high 60s.

DeletedUser

quick question... I'm confused.

[FONT=&quot]+5 bonus with 43 points and up

... Then in your builds you have the following:

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]42 Aim (18%)

Obviously one of these is a typo, as you would definitely not intentionally be 1 point shy of an extra point of bonus... but can someone clarify if it is 42 or 43 points for this next level of bonus?

I'm going to be posting a variation of my w10 fort fighting build... it's a balanced tanker but also has a VERY good job lineup for a LOT of HIGH xp and HIGH cash jobs

(5 jobs over 60%xp and 1 job over 70%xp)
(4 jobs over 40% luck and 1 job over 65% luck)

That is, if you would LIKE me to post the build... it's up to you, it's your topic :)
[/FONT]

DeletedUser

Peter the bonus works with decimals. You don't need to have exactly 43 points for the next bonus. At 42, you get +4.9 bonus.

DeletedUser

Peter the bonus works with decimals. You don't need to have exactly 43 points for the next bonus. At 42, you get +4.9 bonus.

Good call, I knew I was forgetting something :)

Thanks!

DeletedUser

I should be 43 though. I like those even numbers. Thanks for pointing out my typo. Go ahead and post it here. The more builds that are here, the better, and the more helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.