Fort Battle Builds Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot]Fort Battle Builds Guide[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot] So, you really like fort battles and want to take it to the next level? You want to go all out and make a pure fort fighter? Are you tired of your old build and want a change of pace? This guide is for everything to do with building fort fighters and winning battles.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]First off, I wanted to post the Bonuses scale. When building a fort fighter, the higher the bonuses, the better.[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]+1 bonus with one point and up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]+2 bonus with 3 points and up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]+3 bonus with 10 points and up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]+4 bonus with 23 points and up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]+5 bonus with 43 points and up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]+6 bonus with 71 points and up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]+7 bonus with 108 points and up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]+8 bonus with 155 points and up[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]+9 bonus with 211 points and up[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So the max bonus you can have is 27 (9x3) The bonus is in decimals. (Ex: you can have a 5.7 bonus)

[/FONT]Attack:
Stamina (Dodge and Aim)
Leadership (Dodge and Aim)
Dodge (Dodge)
Aim (Aim)

Defense:
Hiding (Dodge and Aim)
Leadership (Dodge and Aim)
Aim (Aim)
Dodge (Dodge)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot]Part 1: The Builds.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Like with pure builds, you have to decide what you want to do with your fort fighter. Are you going to be a attack based fighter, and mainly participate on the attacking side? Would you rather be defending most of the time? Do you want to survive for long periods of time and be a shield to teammates? Want to be alright in all battle situations? These are the builds I will cover.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
~Attacking Fort Fighter~
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This build is aimed at fighters who want to be on the attacking side in battles. The skills used when attacking are Aim, Dodge, Stamina and Leadership. Down below is the build layout.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level 20[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]20 Strength AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (83%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]10 Leadership (17%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top four Jobs: Hunting Coyotes (Xp), Picking Agaves (Xp), Building Bridges (Xp), Well Drilling (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level 40[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]40 Strength AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (42%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]70 Leadership (58%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Building Railroad station (Xp), Exploration (Xp), Building windmills (XP/$), Hunt Coyotes (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level 60[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]60 Strength AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (28%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]108 Leadership (60%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]22 Aim (12%%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Drilling for Oil ($), Constructing a Manor-House (Xp), Clearing the Forest ($), Constructing Ranch House (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Level 80[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]80 Strength AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (20%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]108 Leadership (45%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]42 Aim (18%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]40 Dodge (17%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Drilling for Oil ($), Constructing a Manor-House (Xp), Clearing the Forest ($), Constructing Ranch House (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]*Note* This is if you’re not willing to change skills on the way. I personally take any stamina left after 71 and put it into Hp and 2 sp into Dodge[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]*Note* With the best items for fort fighting, you can easily unlock Two very nice cash jobs[/FONT]​

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot]~Defensive Build~[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] This is a less used build than the attacking build, but is more effective at defending forts. If you’re going to defend more often, this is your best bet for a build. The Skills used for defending are Aim, Dodge, Hiding and Leadership.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]20 Mobility AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Hiding (83%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Beaver Hunt ($), Cowboy (Xp), Hunting Turkey (Xp), Guarding the fort (xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]40 Mobility AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]70 Hiding (58%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Leadership (42%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Hunting Wolves (Xp), Protecting the Track of Settlers (Xp), Exploration (Xp), Rafting Wood (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]60 Mobility AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]72 Hiding (40%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best Jobs: Hunting Wolves (Xp), Protecting the Track of Settlers (Xp), Exploration (Xp), Rafting Wood (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]80 Mobility AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]75 Hiding[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]108 Leadership[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]42 Aim[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]15 Health[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best Jobs: Steering a Paddle Steamer ($), Hunting Wolves (Xp), Hunting buffalo (Xp), Protecting the Track of Settlers (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]*Note* The jobs for this build are a bit deceptive. If you have a couple cheap items you would have a few High xp jobs at 40 and 2 extra cash jobs by 60.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]*Note* You will have much less hp with the above build. It’s more job suited. If you would rather have hp and better jobs instead of an extra bonus in fights, I suggest using the balanced build.
*Note* You can re-spec the hiding down so it's 108 or 71 if you want. You get a better bonus if you place it elsewhere, but lose some good jobs.
[/FONT]​

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot]~Balanced Build~[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This build is rarely used, but in my opinion, It’s better defensively than the Defensive build because of the HP, and has better jobs than both, but has less impact at forts than the specialized builds. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (83%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top four Jobs: Hunting Coyotes (Xp), Picking Agaves (Xp), Building Bridges (Xp), Well Drilling (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (42%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]70 Leadership (58%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Building Railroad station (Xp), Exploration (Xp), Building windmills (XP/$), Hunt Coyotes (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (28%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]22 Hiding (12%%)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]80 Strength AP (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]50 Stamina (20%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]71 Hiding (30%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]11 HP (5%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Drilling for Oil ($), Chasing Bandits (Xp), Constructing a Manor-House (Xp), Clearing the Forest ($)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]*Note* With a few cheap clothing items, you can unlock even more good jobs by level 60. This has the best job ability of any fort build.[/FONT]​

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot]~The Tank~[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] This build is definitely NOT a great one for jobs, and it is HIGHLY advised not to do this from the start. This is mainly a build for very high players who have no use for Xp anymore. That and people who just want to mess around in this game.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Level 20
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]60 Leadership (100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Printing newspaper *The Western Star* (Xp), Laying Railroad Tracks (Xp), Tanning Deer Skin (Xp), Building Irrigation System (Xp)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]108 Leadership (90%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12 Health Points (10%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Construct Manor House (Xp), Protecting the Track of Settlers (Xp), Building Rail Road Station (Xp), Building Wind-Mills (Xp/$)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]72 Health Points (40%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Construct Manor House (Xp), Protecting the Track of Settlers (Xp), Building Rail Road Station (Xp), Building Wind-Mills (Xp/$)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]80 Strength AP(100%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]90 Health Points (37.5%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]42 Dodge (17.5%)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Top Four Jobs: Construct Manor House (Xp), Constructing a Ranch-House (Xp),Protecting the Track of Settlers (Xp), Building Rail Road Station (Xp)

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]*Note* Yea, you counted right, 170 Health Points. If you want, that can be 212 if you take away the dodge. That’s one insane amount of HP[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]*Note* As cool as all that Hp looks (and is), your jobs are terrible, so please, please don’t do this build unless you just want to mess around on a world. Also, please, please, please don’t do this from the start.[/FONT]​

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot]Part 2: Items

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot] Items play a big role in fort battles, whether bolstering your bonus or your hp. Here I will post the best items for each of the above builds.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
~Attacking Build Items~
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Fancy Felt Hat ~ $3900[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Brown Tie ~ $1500[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Fancy Dress Coat ~ $7200[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Sandals ~ $2650[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Donkey ~ $250[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Tequila ~ Product[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Total Cost: $15500[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]~Defending Build Items~[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]~Balanced Build Items~[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]~Tank Build~[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Fancy Stetson ~ $7100[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Brown Coat ~ $6280[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Total Cost: $17780

[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]*Note* Yes, I know the Items for the first three builds are the same. They all work and are near the best for all the builds.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]*Note* I know what I posted isn’t the exact best, It’s just what I like to use. If you want the exact best calculations for your level, use the http://westcalc.info/ Calculator.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
Part Three: Other Fort Related Guides
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Looking to further your fort battle knowledge? Go to these links! All credit goes to their creators.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=36373
Part four: Non Fort Related Tools Used in the Production of This Guide
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]http://www.thewestinsider.com/[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]http://www.weststats.com/[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Various Forum Topics[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]*I did not create the concept of a pure fort fighter, and in no way have I said that I have in this guide*[/FONT]​

DeletedUser

Can i post question here? if ok this is my question: why in balanced build, you have more hiding and stamina when every body know you have more bonus when you are a defender? (lvl 80)
If this is not allow, i will delete it and send to you by a Pm :)

DeletedUser22685

Great :D Have some rep.

I can see this getting stickied.

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot]~Defending Build Items~[/FONT]

Why the Fancy Dress Coat. It only gives you 9 Aim + 1 Hiding + 1 Dodging + 1 Leadership. That's 12 SP. The Black Leather Jacket gives you 11 Hiding + 11 Leadership. Almost double. It's better in every aspect, even cheaper.

[FONT=&quot]~Attacking Build Items[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]~[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fancy Dress Coat ~ $7200[/FONT]

Again the same question. Sunday Clothing gives you 6 Stamina + 6 Leadership, 12 SP. However, it costs only $1600.

DeletedUser

I was looking for this about a week ago and even made a thread asking for some info about a fort fighting build. And from the info I got in that thread I want to ask, why so little aim in your builds? Is that to get access to better jobs? I'm going for a balanced build myself and I was told that when defending hiding is one of the skills but you get that as bonusses from being in the fort so isnt needed anywhere near as much as aim is.

Also, you go to 50 stamina to get jobs early on but at higher levels when strength + stamina takes you over the 108 point optimal shouldnt you remove some of those staminas and put them elsewhere?

really nice guide though. Exactly what many newbs like myself have been looking for.

DeletedUser14029

Attacking Build:
You can try Brown Waistcoat + Elixir + Corrosive Acid

DeletedUser

[FONT=&quot]~Defending Build Items~[/FONT]

Is it possible for someone with defensive build stats to get the tequila product? Wouldn't you have to wait till you are quite high level and have a lot of money to buy the best equips.

DeletedUser

Yeah, but there is still no other product that is useful with the build, so when/if you get Tequila it will be on your fort gear. Except for the Walking Stick of course, but that is not a very popular item.

DeletedUser21816

Defense built, i would rather put the moccasins and a mustang.

DeletedUser

Can i post question here? if ok this is my question: why in balanced build, you have more hiding and stamina when every body know you have more bonus when you are a defender? (lvl 80)
If this is not allow, i will delete it and send to you by a Pm :)

Jobs. Unlike most people, I'm not always going to go for the best bonuses. Jobs are incredibly important and without the hiding you wont have many good ones. There's the ability to re-spec a few without losing some jobs though. Thank you for pointing this out to me.

Why the Fancy Dress Coat. It only gives you 9 Aim + 1 Hiding + 1 Dodging + 1 Leadership. That's 12 SP. The Black Leather Jacket gives you 11 Hiding + 11 Leadership. Almost double. It's better in every aspect, even cheaper.

It's not about the sp, its about the bonuses. The 9 aim helps more than than the stamina, hiding, or leadership in the above build. Also, the Fancy Dress coat gets you access to silver mining on the attacking build.

Again the same question. Sunday Clothing gives you 6 Stamina + 6 Leadership, 12 SP. However, it costs only $1600.

Same as above.

I was looking for this about a week ago and even made a thread asking for some info about a fort fighting build. And from the info I got in that thread I want to ask, why so little aim in your builds? Is that to get access to better jobs? I'm going for a balanced build myself and I was told that when defending hiding is one of the skills but you get that as bonusses from being in the fort so isnt needed anywhere near as much as aim is.

Also, you go to 50 stamina to get jobs early on but at higher levels when strength + stamina takes you over the 108 point optimal shouldnt you remove some of those staminas and put them elsewhere?

really nice guide though. Exactly what many newbs like myself have been looking for.

Totally correct. You re-spec the stamina to dodge or aim or hp. My level 70 attacking fort fighter was respeced as I went. Kept putting stamina into dodge and aim. All I have left on him is changing some stamina and some leadership into hp. Your the exact opposite of a noob for pointing that out.

With the aim, I like my jobs. If you want to spend 29 sp to get that aim up one, go right ahead. I like it at 42 so I can throw it into hp or other skills.

Defense built, i would rather put the moccasins and a mustang.

There's a lot of hiding in the build I put in, so it wouldn't really do much.

I know it's not perfect. I could sit here and tweak this for days. I hope this helps at least some of you.

Anyone laugh at the tank build?

DeletedUser21816

Once i configured my built i will post my specs here. Hope you don't mind.

DeletedUser

I'm making a 'balanced' FF atm and a level 20 I've got:
20 AP Strength
21 SP Leadership
12 SP Hiding
24 SP Aim

It's terrible for jobs because of all the SP in Aim (clothes help with jobs) but what do you think of it as a build for actually Fort Fighting.
As I've started should I continue or do you think I'll make a better fighter if I switch to what you have?
If I do carry on what do you think I should put SP into at higher levels? (Listed like yours would be helpful if possible). Should I carry on adding to Aim as I've started then use different clothes to boost the other stats?

All help and ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.