Fort Battle Builds Guide 2.0!

Was this guide helpful to you?

• Total voters

DeletedUser

I said I found it, however, some things on that page are not true, like experience points for duells (It's pretty accuret but misses with afew points and it also forgets to ad complement for motivation). And I have heard lot's of statements like those about the 3rd key that has been way off (but that's not the subject right now so I will not go into to much detail) so that is one of the main reasons I Realy want to see some kind of proof before i belive in something.

However the quote "Alliance members move before freelancers." means that it doesn't have to be decided by leadership, so leadership can be a kinda usefull or not useful att all. And with the right clothes so do you get a fairly good bonus in leadership.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And yet it is true. I'd find where the change was first announced, but it's been 18 months to two years since move order was changed from order of joining. Yes, allies do move before non-allies, but that's rarely relevant on .net where most worlds are dominated by two alliances. The role of leadership in move order is the main reason I've only been pure health once and it didn't last long.

DeletedUser

Okey, I'm used to smaller fights since the server I play on is not so full (which I like) so I didn't count on that fact. However the chance that someone takes your place is still there and so is the chance that someone doesn't so there is once again the fact with chance and that someone still can have higher leadership than you so it ca be a complete waist of those skillpoints. And as said so can you do quite a lot with the right clothes. I just think it's to many risks if you specc something other than hp wich is the only safe skill if you wanna play fortbattles. But I'm not sure, I have many different specces and they all work for me, no mater what the original purpes of them are.

DeletedUser

My main advent (#1 on .net on West Forts) has 6k hp. My soldier has 8k hp (with premium). I'm disagreeing with health being the most important skill, I just hate pure health.

DeletedUser20688

My main advent (#1 on .net on West Forts) has 6k hp. My soldier has 8k hp (with premium). I'm disagreeing with health being the most important skill, I just hate pure health.

So if one was to go with a "tank" and have a decent share of Leadership via the Wiki's Tank build suggestion (108 Leadership), what would you recommend as a more contemporary variant build?

This is keeping in mind that after Level 40, the Wiki suggests continued pure Strength and either all SP to Health points or dedicate some to Dodge. It's essentially not a pure Health point/STR build as you are also suggesting.

So, maybe just more Leadership or even some Charisma AP?

DeletedUser

So if one was to go with a "tank" and have a decent share of Leadership via the Wiki's Tank build suggestion (108 Leadership), what would you recommend as a more contemporary variant build?

This is keeping in mind that after Level 40, the Wiki suggests continued pure Strength and either all SP to Health points or dedicate some to Dodge. It's essentially not a pure Health point/STR build as you are also suggesting.

So, maybe just more Leadership or even some Charisma AP?

Absolutely not charisma. I greatly prefer pure strength, but mobility is the only other option (hiding and dodging), and not charisma (leadership) or dexterity (aim). I usually pick targets for dodging, hiding, and aim (16, 32, 56, or 88), a target for hp and spec health accordingly, and the rest in leadership.

DeletedUser20688

Thanks sir. :) This is great advice.

I'd give you rep but I need to spread the love around more before I can give you some.

Slygoxx

Absolutely not charisma. I greatly prefer pure strength, but mobility is the only other option (hiding and dodging), and not charisma (leadership) or dexterity (aim). I usually pick targets for dodging, hiding, and aim (16, 32, 56, or 88), a target for hp and spec health accordingly, and the rest in leadership.

Pure strength is a waste of some points in my opinion. With pure strength going over 140 points, you will have way too many points on stamina you can put elsewhere.

DeletedUser

Pure strength is a waste of some points in my opinion. With pure strength going over 140 points, you will have way too many points on stamina you can put elsewhere.

I'd rather have more stamina and more health than more dodging or more hiding. You spend more time in attacks on the ground shooting at towers than you do in defenses, but it's not about the stamina, it's about the health, which is more important than all three skills put together.

DeletedUser

I'd rather have more stamina and more health than more dodging or more hiding. You spend more time in attacks on the ground shooting at towers than you do in defenses, but it's not about the stamina, it's about the health, which is more important than all three skills put together.

Indeed, and if you where to be deffending and be on a wall/in a tower you get so much bonus that it most likely wouldn't matter if you hade more on hiding or dodging. And since dodging unlike health gets wurse the more you have on it, it's absolutly not worth it. You could put afew points on mobility but I would mainly do as the quote I take and atleast focus on strength because where you have a skill that always have the same effect and makes you capable of taking more hits.

Slygoxx

If you put, say, 20 out of those 140 points on mobility instead of strength, you will lose 20 stamina, which is acceptable. However, as you need to put less skill points on dodging/hiding, you can put 40 more points on health, which would result in a 20 point health increase, while losing some stamina. You will most likely put some points on hiding and dodging, putting some points on mobility just makes sure you get the most out of it.

I do agree that the focus should be on strength, however pure strength is not the best option imo.

DeletedUser

If you put, say, 20 out of those 140 points on mobility instead of strength, you will lose 20 stamina, which is acceptable. However, as you need to put less skill points on dodging/hiding, you can put 40 more points on health, which would result in a 20 point health increase, while losing some stamina. You will most likely put some points on hiding and dodging, putting some points on mobility just makes sure you get the most out of it.

I do agree that the focus should be on strength, however pure strength is not the best option imo.

I'd still rather have higher stamina than hiding or dodging and my performances 100% justify my pure strength builds.

DeletedUser

One thing the is not true about the first thing in this tread: "you can't change the bonus from clothes".

To my knollage so does clothes give you a bonus in skillpoints, not specificly fortbattles meaning that when you calculate your bonus for a battle you add the bonus from your clothes to your skillpoints before you calculate it. In other words so does less points for fortbattles without clothes the more bonus they give during the battle.

This is also one of the main reasons why I say that you pretty much doesn't need anything on hiding, dodging, aim or leadership and should focus on hp, and with a strength build you get the bonus you need in stamina whene you are attacking.

DeletedUser

One thing the is not true about the first thing in this tread: "you can't change the bonus from clothes".

He means SP are more versatile than clothes. The best gear gives the most bonuses, regardless of the skill. You can spec around your gear.

DeletedUser

regarding wiki builds - Aim appears to be hardly used in a build, how important is Aim ?
if u keep missing shots due to no aim it can make fort battles annoying at best or does the bonus from Leadership/Stamina/Hiding make up for no aim in a build ?

Attack:

• Stamina (Dodge and Aim)
  • Leadership (Dodge and Aim)
  • Dodge (Dodge)
  • Aim (Aim)
Defense:

• Hiding (Dodge and Aim)
  • Leadership (Dodge and Aim)
  • Aim (Aim)
  • Dodge (Dodge)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31397

It's beacuse its mostly random, so it pays off to have say 100 more points in health which gives you total of 1000 HP for non soldier, 1500 for a soldier and 2000 for a premium soldier. With high HP, you can survive more rounds and get more chances to shoot and dodge..

DeletedUser

i think i would rather hit for 20 rounds than miss for 40, thanks for the response :)
my aim is bad enough as it is without being at zero :D

DeletedUser

Unfortunately, the current x^0.4 formula renders any bonus statistically insignificant. You're best off having no more than 20 sp in each skill and dump the rest in hp. Such a cruel world, is it not?

DeletedUser15641

It depends on a small percentage of luck too...If your too lucky you will work even if you had zero fort fighting skills....you would survive by dodging and hit your opponents 100% even without anything except luck.(Its not the luck you get from sets but how lucky you are!)