Fort Battle Builds Guide 2.0!

Was this guide helpful to you?

• Total voters

DeletedUser

First off, the bonus during for battles is no chance, it's just a number. Second, @Konjemanjum, the worker bonus does not apply to the character bonus on the tower, so the bonus will be slightly lower.
Third, pure hp will probably yield better survivability than the build you proposed.

I didn't apply character bonus, only tower bonus to the calculation (21 is for everyone, another 21 for workers, and extra 30% for workers is 42*1,3=54,6).

DeletedUser31397

What you call "luck" is not the same as real life luck. It has to be a formula to include the "luck" factor into such game activities. And what Slygoxx said might just explain how that "luck" works. Call it luck or randomness, I think is the same thing and Slygoxx's idea makes total sense. In fact, we know for sure that is exactly how luck works in duels, so it is likely that it happens the same in battles, or someone on the ground would never get to hit someone on a tower.

Yeah maybe he is right, but this confuses me:
I think it's kinda like a random number is chosen between 1 and your (aim minus the distance) and a number is chosen between 1 and your target's dodge. Whoever has the highest number wins, and that decides whether the hit will hit or not. Do note that this is only a guess, I have no means of knowing that it actually works like this, though I assume it's close to how it works.

In that case we wouldnt need stamina/hiding correct??

Sorry, if im wrong somewhere, dont understand all english words :)

Slygoxx

I didn't apply character bonus, only tower bonus to the calculation (21 is for everyone, another 21 for workers, and extra 30% for workers is 42*1,3=54,6).

Meant to say class bonus instead of character bonus, anyway. The 21 is the standard bonus, a worker gets a 30% (60% with premium) increase to that bonus. Then there is the class bonus only for workers, which is also 21, but workers do not get an additional 30%(60%) bonus on top of that one.

@Black apachhe, the "aim" and "dodge" in my little story is the aim and dodge bonuses during fort battles. Hiding and stamina is therefore taken into account.

DeletedUser

Reading just the first post of any thread is plain amateurish and generally useless.
Unless it's a thread that's closed where the first post was edited after the last post was posted.

Not everyone has the time to read 16 pages of pointless discussions in which 20% is actually relevant.

The point is this thread is indicated as a guide and it says hiding if for dodging and stamina is for aim, which is wrong according to .

Can someone please edit the first post?? This would save a lot of time and frustration to many people.

Cheers

Ho wait, or am I wrong and no one knows for sure yet the role of hiding and stamina (dodge VS aim and attack VS defend)?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ho wait, or am I wrong and no one knows for sure yet the role of hiding and stamina (dodge VS aim and attack VS defend)?

No, Sauceysauce was wrong (or it was bugged and it's since been fixed). Hiding and stamina work as help and the wiki have always said, i.e. hiding is shooting/dodging defense only and stamina is shooting/dodging attack only. I tested it a while back. I did test it with maneuvers, but I can't see the code being any different than in real battles.

DeletedUser33309

:unsure:

I am new and still not exactly sure how all this works,but this was helpful.
Thanks!

DeletedUser

I am new and still not exactly sure how all this works,but this was helpful.
Pay more attention to the discussion than the builds. Any fort build with no health is not a fort build*. I would also never spec as much mobility as he suggested. Pure strength or maybe 3 strength:1 mobility.

* And that is not my opinion, that is an absolute fact. n00bs will always come along saying they're going to maximize their bonus by completely or mostly ignoring health and they will never do better than anyone who knows what he's doing who has hp. You just don't want to spec for it early. Leadership is the only skill you need until level 50 or so.

DeletedUser

3STR:1MOB is very bad thing. If you must do it, then it should be more like 20STR:1MOB.
Reasons are already stated elsewhere.
Why not high mobility? Yes with mobility you get dodge and hide at the same time, however hide is used only in defense where you start with walls/towers bonuses and high dodge won't make the enemy miss everything so you've wasted health points. But a few points in hide and dodge doesn't hurt so a few AP in mobility is not a bad thing.
Why high STR? Health points is one of 5 most important things in fort fights. And you also get stamina high, stamina which is used for attacking. And unlike defenders you have no sector bonus, so every stamina point is good.

DeletedUser

I wasn't actually RECOMMENDING mobility. My fort fighters are all pure strength and I think my numbers show that it works. It's hard when some people can't even learn from their own mistakes, but people need to be more willing to learn from other people's mistakes and not go mobility. Joxer IS right, strength all the way.

DeletedUser

Since Leadership is a common skill in all situations, how would a pure Strength Attribute and pure Leadership skill build fair in a fort battle.

Not that I am looking to do this, but just curious about it.

Also, I see all the talk about how the skills affect chance of hits and chance of dodging, but what skills affect the amount of HP damage inflicted and amount of damage taken?

I.E. Precise Winchester caused 200 - 312 damage. What skills affect where in this range your damage falls?

DeletedUser

Pure strength/leadership is a great starter build for a fort fighter, the best IMO since it's a good job build to help you level, it gives you serviceable hp without slowing down your XP by spending SP on health, and leadership helps everything in fort battles. I don't know how long you want to do it, but I like 50 or 60 levels.

DeletedUser

Thanks.

I was more curious about your opinion on the extreme side of things.

If a player was at level 120, and had 120 AP in Strength and 340 SP on Leadership. How effective do you think that type of build would be?

DeletedUser

That build would suck as points from leadership are transformed into a smaller number by applying ^0.4 operation. Use formulas from the page one in this thread please. It could be great if a player is a soldier surrounded by zeroleadership players, however in reality that is not possible.

120 AP in strength is good. Not the best option for all classes, but generally a good one.

DeletedUser

I think it's kinda like a random number is chosen between 1 and your (aim minus the distance) and a number is chosen between 1 and your target's dodge. Whoever has the highest number wins, and that decides whether the hit will hit or not. Do note that this is only a guess, I have no means of knowing that it actually works like this, though I assume it's close to how it works.

Think about this for a sec: If those numbers were indeed chances, what would happen if someone with a 100(+) bonus to aim shoots at someone with a 100(+) bonus to dodge. In other words, will something that can never miss, hit a target that can not be hit? It's an unsolvable paradox. Just like the immovable object paradox.

And, why would they create 2 bonuses if only one of those would decide whether the shot hits or not?

Just throwing this out as another way of them setting up a formula and that would be as a two-step process. First step would be to see if the shooter can hit the target and then the second would be to apply the "victims" dodge to see if he avoided the hit. I haven't seen anyone with 100% dodge yet (except an adventurer that goes into "ghost" mode). But you're probably closer to the mark with some form of combining aim and dodge percentages. If would be nice to do a two person maneuver with stones and just slug it out as a test somewhere. I think I'll try to find a willing helper with a few days to waste around Christmas time and run some scenarios to see if I can produce anything conclusive.

DeletedUser

As soon as you guys are tired on my hypotheticals, let me know :) I'm just trying to wrap my head around the best fort fighter build.

Since aiming and dodging are beneficial in both attacking and defending, and stamina is only used in attacking, and hiding is only used in defense, then why waste points in either stamina or hiding? Why not just take the points placed in those two skills and use them in aiming or dodging to improve your character in both attacks and defense?

I understand 130 points is where you max out in bonus. It seems like if you were to have a significant amount more of aiming and dodging.

For Example:
Assume an well rounded build at level 100
When dressed in your best attacking duds you have 130 aim, 100 dodge, 130 stamina, 70 leadership and 68 hiding
When dressed in your best defense gear you have 86 aiming, 119 dodging, 120 stamina, 70 leadership and 134 hiding

Say you have 74 skill points tied up between stamina and hiding. Wouldn't it be better in both attacking and defending to divide those up between aim and dodge to potentially give you:
When attacking - 152 aim, 152 dodging, 114 stamina, 70 leadership 8 hiding
And strictly focus on clothing for both types of battles that focus on HP, aiming and dodging. Wouldn't having the large increases in aiming and dodging all the time be better than skill points spent on hiding that only helps half the time?

DeletedUser

If you were to put more points in aim/dodge, you would only be slightly better at both, whereas putting them in stamina/hiding helps you more. I do want to note that tower bonuses help a lot so you may want to consider putting your sp in stamina.

DeletedUser

I do want to note that tower bonuses help a lot so you may want to consider putting your sp in stamina.

A common argument and it's flawed. You spend every bit as much time on the ground defending as attacking, plus a I'll still go pure strength every time and that's plenty of stamina.