Fort Battle Builds Guide 2.0!

Was this guide helpful to you?

• Total voters

DeletedUser

Weapons

Hey, just a note about the "Aim" build, there are quite a few weapons with better aim than the Muzzle-Loader you quote, such as Figaro's Razor, Golden Saber/Colt, Allen's Pepperbox etc.
Possibly you excluded them as they're not shop sales? But just thought I'd mention it for anyone who didn't know there were better weapons out there :)
Nice guide though :D

DeletedUser

Thank you for your guide, but your information does not coincide with what developer said:
http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=402&lang=en

On the last bugfix I wrote that the shooting attempt in the battle uses only aiming and leadership. This is wrong – it also uses endurance or hiding, depending on what side you play on. ...

If this is right - all your guide is based on wrong premises and needs to be fixed from the start.

And its possible to calculate exact formulas from this developers post yourself:
http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=390&lang=en

Actually, you are wrong: If you bothered to read it, you'd find stamina and hiding in there. Exactly from the part about the workers bonus being nerfed:

Character specs: 31 Points on dodging, 30 on hiding, 100 on aiming and 82 on leading.

If you read this, you would have also known that I put all the formulas in my first post, exactly how the dev said it.

DeletedUser6914

Actually, you are wrong: If you bothered to read it, you'd find stamina and hiding in there. Exactly from the part about the workers bonus being nerfed:

He is talking about this part, and this premise of your guide:
Now previously we thought stamina was only for attacking, and hiding was only for defending... but guess what? We were wrong there too. Stamina is for shooting, and Hiding is for dodging.

Therefore, the skills are -
Leadership+Aim+Stamina+25=Chance to Hit
Leadership+Dodge+Hiding+10=Chance to Dodge
It's wrong.

Before this you had a belt? Awsome. I did not.
Also, before new formulas I used HP bonus items, didn't care for skills.
You have to be a twin?

If my meaning was that hard to get, I will spoonfeed it to you.

Before we used equipment with hiding in defense and Stamina in offense. It's still the same, as stamina is still useless in defense. His table is good though, and good work. And if you care more for skills in battle now that we know they give a lesser bonus, well, I'm pretty sure most people still use the same equipment BONUSES as before. Yeah, with belt and pants added of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I will spoonfeed it to you.

Before we used equipment...
Spoonfeed? Seems you're the one that needs it.

Before I used only sandals+donkey because of HP bonus. In defense. Yes.
Since now you need to have better hiding (previous bonus was higher on lower skill), now I sacrifice HP while defending and put moccasins instead of sandals.

And I don't have a twin.

DeletedUser

If you use the moccasins, you might as well throw in the mustang for a little more bonus :)

DeletedUser

Greetings.

I have some questions about your guide, and if you could delighted me, it would be cool.

Official Help said:
6 skills are important for fort battles.

• Leadership is used for shooting, but also for defending.
  • Aim is only important when shooting.
  • Dodging is only used when trying to dodge a shot.
  • Hiding is used when a defender tries to shoot or dodge a shot.
  • Stamina is used when an attacker tries to shoot or dodge a shot.
  • Health is a considerable factor in fort battles, while not giving any shooting or dodging bonuses, it does let you take more hits and last longer.

In other words, do you imply that the official guideline, provide us false info?

Which it says that hiding is for defenders and endurance for attackers.

Even Zet said that hiding and Endurance helps, depending on the side you are on.

Sauceysauce said:
  • +1 bonus with one point
  • +2.04 bonus with 6 points
  • +3.03 bonus with 16 points
  • +4 bonus with 32 points
  • +5 bonus with 56 points
  • +6 bonus with 88 points
  • +7.01 bonus with 130 points
  • +8 bonus with 181 points
  • +9 bonus with 243 points
  • +10 bonus with 316 points
Official help said:
  • +1 bonus with one point and up
  • +2 bonus with 3 points and up
  • +3 bonus with 10 points and up
  • +4 bonus with 23 points and up
  • +5 bonus with 43 points and up
  • +6 bonus with 71 points and up
  • +7 bonus with 108 points and up
  • +8 bonus with 155 points and up
  • +9 bonus with 211 points and up

Don't forget that you are a Forum mod, so, your words have a heavier role.
If what you say is right, why the Official help provide false info then?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

DeletedUser

The official help is wrong about the bonus scale, it is X^0.4, but I'm wrong about hiding and stamina, i guess ill have to go re-do this whole thing *sigh*

DeletedUser

wow saucey i am impressed

even though you have obviously spent quite some time putting this togetherthe first thing ppl do is pick holes in it but that aside

great job in pointing us in the right direction now we have the basic recipe book we can now create our own preferred fusion recipes from this (either that or all become identical twin builds lol)

even until you have corrected you slight errors in calcs this is still going to be a great springboard for a lot of players that want to improve their fort fighting *but not* do a pure fort build (well not until they are level 100+)

i think what we really need is a "ALL jobs build" it must be possible with the right clothing bonus's any volunteers to go for that one ? lmao

DeletedUser

i think what we really need is a "ALL jobs build" it must be possible with the right clothing bonus's any volunteers to go for that one ? lmao
I think i might try making one, gimme some time to figure it out XDXD

DeletedUser

You still don't push hp enough. There are two reasons why fort battles are better on newer worlds (that's a fact, not an opinion), and that's activity and health.

DeletedUser20647

hp suck, make fb boring! BOO, Elmyr noob!
HP need cap!!11shiftone
cap at 800 cuz thats how much my dueler got

DeletedUser

How good are points really?

It seems like they hit diminishing returns pretty quickly compared to HP. I put together two builds for when I respec. The first has approximately 2 more points for both attacking and dodging (both attacking and defending forts) while the second build has 95 more points in hp.

DeletedUser

Take the one with 2 points in attack and dodge, much better than 1/3 of a good hit.

DeletedUser30512

Sorry for the trouble, I have a question...

I started off with my 1st account and went around the forum looking for a build and I found myself amazed in fort battle, so I went for a pure-fort build.

I was following the 1st guide which is made by Saucey and the next thing I realised, it has been replaced by this guide...

Now with all my skills point in stamina right... ( not trying to put the fault on the previous guide,its my own choice for trying to follow a guide in this game), how do I "re-spec" my skill points? I tried looking around the forum for the quest for shaman and found nothing after a long time of search.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble... Pls enlighten me...

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Reading through this I must say it's clear as mud what the actual formula's are...

Per the "help" defenders get a hiding bonus on both shooting and dodging while attackers get a stamina bonus on both shooting and dodging.

Per http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=390&lang=en It would appear that the help is wrong -- that defenders get a hiding bonus on dodging but not on shooting (and implicitly attackers get a stamina bonus on shooting, but not on dodging)

I am inclined to believe that the implication from devblog is correct (the examples clearly demonstrate that hiding is not helping the shooting score)

As such hiding is useless on offense and only half as valuable on defense as previously thought, while stamina is useless on defese and only half as valuable on offfense as previously thought

DeletedUser

Is this bit true??

Fort Battle Builds Guide 2.0!

Now previously we thought stamina was only for attacking, and hiding was only for defending... but guess what? We were wrong there too. Stamina is for shooting, and Hiding is for dodging. You also get a base of 25 towards chance to hit (or 20, i just tested it and got 20 not 25) and a base of 10 to chance to dodge.

Therefore, the skills are -
Leadership+Aim+Stamina+25=Chance to Hit
Leadership=Dodge=Hiding+10=Chance to Dodge

The formulas are-
Chance to hit=25+aim^0.4+leadership^0.4+stamina^0.4
Chance to dodge=10+dodging^0.4+leadership^0.4+hiding^0.4

Can someone who knows for certain 100% please confirm for me whether this bit is true or not, as some people are saying it's true and others are saying it's not.
So when Attacking a fort do you use Stamina in the 'chance to hit' calculation but Hiding in the 'chance to dodge' calculation? Or is it Stamina used in BOTH of those calculations?