Fort Battle Builds Guide 2.0!

Discussion in 'Questions & Guides' started by Sauceysauce, Jan 9, 2011.

Share This Page

?

Was this guide helpful to you?

1. Yes! I am doing better than ever before!

37.0%
  2. Yes, I'm seeing a slight increase in production

17.0%
  3. Yes, although its a good guideline at most

26.0%
  4. No, I am doing worse now

3.5%
  5. No, I can do better without this

9.0%
  6. No, to put it kindly, this is terrible

7.5%
  1. Thanks for the helpful post. Glad you put some of it in lay mans terms, for people like myself who aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. Cheers. :D

2. kushaldgr8

kushaldgr8 Guest

started a new char with a dodge fort fighter wih the exact skills as you mentioned. hope it works...

3. Black Apachhe

Black Apachhe Well-Known Member

I hope it's not dodge tank beacuse it sucks.

4. IplugNplay

IplugNplay Well-Known Member

Consider instead of tequila and donkey.
    Freemans horse and saddle
    +3 strength
    +10 appearance

5. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

This was written long before Freeman's and even long before the camel. He also completely failed to understand the importance of hp in fort battles and greatly overstated the importance of skill bonuses.

6. Ohma

Ohma New Member

Is there a link to a better guide to fort fighting builds?

7. Ripwise

Ripwise Well-Known Member

There isnt because the fort fighting formula has changed not long ago and people are still experimenting with numbers in order to find optimal build.

8. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

I'm unsticking this. It was wrong long before the new changes because it didn't consider health the most important skill, but now it's completely off. Does somebody want to write a new one? futu?

l8dygaga likes this.
  9. Smelter

Smelter New Member

No doubt that this is a flawed guide now (perhaps always, but I am certainly not calling anyone for the time and effort that went into its construction) but this does not help the many new players that look for these forums to help give some guidance.

Hopefully those new players will find an alliance / town mates / friends in game that will point them in the right direction.

I would love to help others compile some kind of guide, but there can never be an all encompassing guide that covers every scenario, because we all like to play differently, be it as a fort fighter, dueller, quester, trader, constructor or just a pain in the ass to others! That is what makes this game so interesting and diverse.

There are 6 attributes that are important as a fort fighter:
    Health
    Stamina
    Dodge
    Hiding
    Aim
    Leadership

As far as a build goes, anybody starting out at relatively low levels in fort fighting would be well advised to concentrate on health points, leadership, stamina (in you want to join attacks), hiding (if you want to help defend). Ignore dodge and aim.

Clothing will help you raise all of these stats of course, but that is subject to a whole different discussion!

I hope that in some way this post may prompt someone far better skilled than myself to start a new thread, relevant to the latest game revision, combining the wisdom of the masses to help new players overcome the natural fear and apprehension of forting :)

Ripwise likes this.
  10. Felicity Crumpet

Felicity Crumpet Well-Known Member

Personally, if I was a low level fort fighter, I would focus on Stamina, Hiding and Leadership. Because those would also help me level up via jobs and quests much better than HP. And then reskill once I was a high enough level for my HP to be some use.

11. futurama1001

futurama1001 Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't even see this. I have too many game-related commitments already and too little time to be motivated enough to do a decent job of it, but there are others who have spent plenty of time studying new builds who might be willing to share their opinions.

12. Is this build still usable?

13. asdf124

asdf124 Well-Known Member

It should be updated to cover resistance if you don't have right gear that is.

Max resistance without op credit weapons is 125

And not to mention damage from leadership.

14. Anny Hudson

Anny Hudson Well-Known Member

Who told you that? It's totally wrong.

futurama1001 likes this.
  15. I just want to know if its good build. I dont have to be best soldier on the west...

16. futurama1001

futurama1001 Well-Known Member

Most of these builds were never spectacular to begin with in that they put too much emphasis on the hit/miss skills when HP was clearly the only thing that counted in fort fights. That has since changed with the not-so-recent update to the fort formula which gave leadership an impact on damage dealt per hit (if anything, these builds are better now than they were when the guide was created), but you'll still find HP to be the most important skill. Basically, if you can manage to get your hands on a decent fort fighting item set like Deadwood's or Bart's, your hiding and stamina will be high enough with bonus alone. If not, beyond a hundred or so, they're still a waste compared to the benefits you'll get from leadership and HP. Aim and dodge are still as useless as ever - perhaps more so - and you won't see any benefits if you waste SP there.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  17. asdf124

asdf124 Well-Known Member

Newbie anny, I was talking about the ones from clothing, if your pure hp.

18. Micky12

Micky12 Well-Known Member

I think the max should be 125 without op weapons since I usually use Bob daltons+ Bob horse set+ JJ weps.

19. Anny Hudson

Anny Hudson Well-Known Member

We are talking about fort-battle builds here, not fort-battle clothing. But you're still wrong anyway. Go pure hp and use the set that gives you max resistance, would be more than 125.

Hiding/Stamina gives you resistance. Maybe you should know that first. Yea, even hiding/stamina from gear.

20. delldell56

delldell56 Well-Known Member

what? you mean wearing gent's coat, sandals, fancy felt hat and riding a donkey doesn't work anymore??? madness, no wonder why i suck so much in battles!

Micky12 likes this.