Feedback Fort Battle Balancing Event

Annie-Bell

2% is probably how many people know anything about the game so it's maybe better that these ones discuss instead of having clueless people here. Though, to be honest, big part of these 2% have no clue either.

biggest hugs! im assuming your just joking ... half these people talking about other worlds never spent one moment of time

oh my .. yeah guess that is why there is perceptions out there, and honestly dont fault goober or even inno at all its more of what he is set up in. I assure you i have made friends with hundreds of players hat know this game very well .. 1 year... 14 years, they are people that adore, look up to, seek advise from and quite honestly give them full credit for me being top damage in 4/6 dueler worlds .. best thing ever did was go from galv back to AZ (which btw is amazing, the opposition has spent huge amount of time bulding up and their damagers are fantastic and inno did make good decision about migrating dutch players there as been amazing regular battles 65 p 70 players a side .. know one town is known for their amazing duelers i every world and ouchie the damage they do to us soldiers but have seen some great batltles .. both colo which does have inno involvment, AZ with 100% player efforts)

lol think will take break from this forum, will extend another thank you to syntex to try to promote all feeling welcome to comment and hope that helps some of the concerns mentioned above.

biggest hugs raderRt.. i assume ur just having chuckle :)

foscock

2% is probably how many people know anything about the game so it's maybe better that these ones discuss instead of having clueless people here. Though, to be honest, big part of these 2% have no clue either.
Wait, you're thinking you are in the 2%? the same guy that wasted diggos last chance to change the formula, then quit playing? that guy? let's all bow down to raidertr, the dude that destroyed any hope for a formula change that might have mattered. all you had to say at the time was reduce leader in damage formula, and we'd be ok, but no, you had to insist on idiotic formula changes that never had a chance to work. diggo had a small amount of time to change the formula, and you monopolised it and totally wasted it, then.... stopped playing. so yeah, you're in a 2%of something, but maybe not where you think you are.

Abydos1

Wait, you're thinking you are in the 2%? the same guy that wasted diggos last chance to change the formula, then quit playing? that guy? let's all bow down to raidertr, the dude that destroyed any hope for a formula change that might have mattered. all you had to say at the time was reduce leader in damage formula, and we'd be ok, but no, you had to insist on idiotic formula changes that never had a chance to work. diggo had a small amount of time to change the formula, and you monopolised it and totally wasted it, then.... stopped playing. so yeah, you're in a 2%of something, but maybe not where you think you are.
fos that is the fake Raider who was formerly known as long name...the real Raider still lurks around here but doesn't play in the only world that matters anymore.

Bob Baumeister

This initiative is intended to be offered to all worlds (provided it is deemed helpful on Colorado)
Having a Colorado centered debate that will later turn into some decisions and configurations for every world sounds messed up.
You say this thread concerns everyone. But it's full of Colorado related stuff that is uninteresting for most people. And it's impossible for others to follow up on all this internal mix of drama and decision making.

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind, if any world is trying to balance FFs in any way they can agree on. In fact this happens on any world that I know of, with different levels of success. It often ends up in these messy discussion and hard feelings that we can see here. That's perfectly fine.

But I would really appreciate to know beforehand what I sign up for when starting on the new world. I am aware that there will be drama and different understanding of FF anyway. But this approach can easily create additional drama for no reason.
Also be aware that FF balance on new worlds changes more frequently. Especially at the beginning. What works on one world might not work elsewhere, or it works but requires much more effort.

Bob Baumeister

Problem is that it's probably 60 to 80% that think they belong to the 2%.

I would also question that people here manage to be objective. Many have their personal agenda that they keep repeating for years. Often with the approach of having a solution first and then try to make the problem fit.

RaiderTr

fos that is the fake Raider who was formerly known as long name...the real Raider still lurks around here but doesn't play in the only world that matters anymore.
Well idk who he is but I wouldn't use the word "fake" as I've seen few other Raiders that had started to play before me.

And yea I don't play the game for various reasons. It isn't worth the time spent and now they made it much worse..

But yea I respect what's Goober is doing (and all who are helping him) and we get to talk with him and some others time to time via Discord..

fossil1999

Just to check, is there going to be a poll about this initiative in 2 weeks or is there a poll now and have I missed it via my oversight? :'P
It certainly sounds like an interesting event.

RaiderTr

You know the first rule of polls is to have another poll to decide if we should make a poll or not.

But apparently we bypassed the said rule for this once.
(It's a popup survey in the game)

Last edited:

Beefmeister

dedjerry and lynix
Guiana pigs

lmao

anyway, i expected this to happen since there will be obvious disparity between the alliances and wondered how is this gonna happen since we have no data. some people have the answer for it all.

i am all for this reshuffle as long as battles are good and noob ex-mods leave this game. goober pyle been a real professional and actually made the battles enjoyable for me and the people that matter on colorado again.

good initiative from goober and the innogames cartel. :up:

foscock

lmao

anyway, i expected this to happen since there will be obvious disparity between the alliances and wondered how is this gonna happen since we have no data. some people have the answer for it all.

i am all for this reshuffle as long as battles are good and noob ex-mods leave this game. goober pyle been a real professional and actually made the battles enjoyable for me and the people that matter on colorado again.

good initiative from goober and the innogames cartel. :up:
"for me", the Beef ethos.

Joe Kidd

so basically you do what you want and expect everyone to tank and worship you. you do realise a lot of battles are decided by one hit on the flag? or even today i said swap me in a tower to get your damage up, but no, afk as usual.

why would you move to flag? because EVERYONE ELSE BESIDES YOU DOES IT, in a situation where damage won't win it. Guys like you are the reason people leave the game, nothing to do with updates or inno.

Let me pretext by saying I agree with your overall points about that fortfighting should be entirely about attendance and strategy. However, Beef is making a very relevant point: Many of us love this game as much as you do, but yet we do have conflicting responsibilities like a day job that we cannot always and consistently spare 90+ minutes to watch a fortfight every round or moment yet we want to do our part and attend battles, whether as leaders or high-level key HP or Damage.

When I tried to lead on Houston, the whole thing fell apart for one reason: the other side complaining constantly about dig times. I was trying to make dig times when I could responsibly lead a battle and not have it always conflict with work. All the other side could ever say is "Well, tough. Your dig time is not 'standard' dig times". It's not like the old days with thousands of players so yes there will have to be more understanding and compromise depending on the server and the people involved. That's a level of overall teamwork and discussion that I have only ever seen on EN Colorado and maybe one or two DE servers.

So personally speaking as long as there is this cultural aspect to EN fortfighting that has a lack of genuine cooperation and consideration for work times, etc. then FF will continue to decline and more oversight will be required to the point that like on RO and other EU servers, NPC fortfighters are required and used (yuck). It's only a matter of time for EN as far as I can see. I'm not intending to be pejorative, I'm speaking purely from observation and experience on Houston (since circa 2018) and in the past Juarez, Kansas, etc. all smaller worlds where folks try to make it like "the old standard ways" but refuse to be adaptive to the reality of smaller FF populations. Granted that is not an entirely relatable issue on Colorado, but EN15 and its players, as far as I'm concerned, set the gold standard for EN these days for FF or have the ability to be that.

DeletedUser15368

the other side complaining constantly about dig times. I was trying to make dig times when I could responsibly lead a battle and not have it always conflict with work. All the other side could ever say is "Well, tough. Your dig time is not 'standard' dig times". It's not like the old days with thousands of players so yes there will have to be more understanding and compromise depending on the server and the people involved. That's a level of overall teamwork and discussion that I have only ever seen on EN Colorado and maybe one or two DE servers.
So um... this is why an EU team vs a NA team has a very narrow window, known as Prime Time, to actually function in. You acknowledge that the other team was complaining about your availability, without considering their availability.
This is why we need migrations to consolidate as many leaders as we can into one, stable, world, with 24/7 battle availability - you're right that we don't have 30000 players per world anymore, we have 1% of an active player base left on most worlds, and simply can't sustain multiple worlds anymore, part of the reason for that is Inno's best attempts to split the playerbase year upon year.

Joe Kidd

So um... this is why an EU team vs a NA team has a very narrow window, known as Prime Time, to actually function in. You acknowledge that the other team was complaining about your availability, without considering their availability.

Sorry lulu. "Prime Time" is a total misnomer as it is literally 4-5:00 p.m. EST which is the end of a typical day job work day. For many that is a critical time when meetings are held, etc. You know, grown-up stuff. That's the issue here. My preception for years is that EU players don't really care about what NA players need honestly.

asdf124

Having a Colorado centered debate that will later turn into some decisions and configurations for every world sounds messed up.
You say this thread concerns everyone. But it's full of Colorado related stuff that is uninteresting for most people. And it's impossible for others to follow up on all this internal mix of drama and decision making.

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind, if any world is trying to balance FFs in any way they can agree on. In fact this happens on any world that I know of, with different levels of success. It often ends up in these messy discussion and hard feelings that we can see here. That's perfectly fine.

But I would really appreciate to know beforehand what I sign up for when starting on the new world. I am aware that there will be drama and different understanding of FF anyway. But this approach can easily create additional drama for no reason.
Also be aware that FF balance on new worlds changes more frequently. Especially at the beginning. What works on one world might not work elsewhere, or it works but requires much more effort.
In all worlds there are some kind of drama. No matter how hard Goob tries to fix the numbers, at least I think(with my knowledge of Arizona) that there is just not much balance due to players more than actual numbers difference.
Somethings in Colorado might work, but in most other worlds it simply won't, Colorado has a unique environment where a lot of players are willing to work together(most players) rather than work against each other.

For Arizona for example, we have some players that are just selfish, they tend to join the other side that has advantages, rather than try to balance things out. The reason why they decide to join one side rather than the other is simple, usually they have 1 beef with someone or it can be multiple people, which is rather childish in my opinion.

Trust me, no one is gonna "fix" that.

Why would you test things on a successful old world for failed worlds? Why not test it in failed worlds, and try to make a comeback?

And yes, I think Arizona is in danger of being a failure of a world due to players more so than innogames bad decisions. And to be honest, I am not sure if new worlds are the way to go. When worlds were overfilled, yes they were a great idea. But nowadays?

DeletedUser15368

Sorry lulu. "Prime Time" is a total misnomer as it is literally 4-5:00 p.m. EST which is the end of a typical day job work day. For many that is a critical time when meetings are held, etc. You know, grown-up stuff. That's the issue here. My preception for years is that EU players don't really care about what NA players need honestly.
5pm EST is 11pm GMT, midnight for most of Europe. Any later and the Euros are coming to the battle offline, theres no solution to this, other than having small battles during NA prime time, as the NA playerbase isnt really large enough for anything bigger.
We all have adult stuff, and there should be a NA prime timezone world.