Fort Battel Skill Bonuses-- how are they calculated?

DeletedUser

+7 to everything when you stand on one foot and head to east.+anything that can make a sum of 27 when you dont want to understand.Please,go to developer's blog,find the comment,read it and then make your calculations.

I meant 9, sorry dude but im not that stupid.

DeletedUser20647

Lets assume it is one of those theories, why would one even consider putting a single point in leadership, stamina or hiding? ...as a fort fighter that is.

DeletedUser

Lets assume it is one of those theories, why would one even consider putting a single point in leadership, stamina or hiding? ...as a fort fighter that is.

Because aim has diminishing returns just like it does in dueling? I'm not saying 100% aim is the way to go, I'm saying some leadership, and some hiding and/or stamina (and screw dodging), and a lot of aim. No one is claiming bonuses are useless or no one would expose themselves to more fire by being in a tower. I just think the base chance to hit is not a constant, but based on aim.

I didn't read his whole post, I'm referring to my own "theory".

DeletedUser

Because aim has diminishing returns just like it does in dueling? I'm not saying 100% aim is the way to go, I'm saying some leadership, and some hiding and/or stamina (and screw dodging), and a lot of aim. No one is claiming bonuses are useless or no one would expose themselves to more fire by being in a tower. I just think the base chance to hit is not a constant, but based on aim.

I agree. Besides, most people put SP into skills they can use for jobs so they are usually deficient in the aim/dodging department. Using gear that improves aim therefore makes a big difference.

DeletedUser

I agree. Besides, most people put SP into skills they can use for jobs so they are usually deficient in the aim/dodging department. Using gear that improves aim therefore makes a big difference.

Yep, which is why I take exception to westcalc's comment that if what we say is true, then fort battles are just for duelers, which isn't at all true. Duelers are good at fort battles and people with certain job builds are good at fort [battles], but if you want to be a great fort fighter, you must make sacrifices, and that means speccing a non-job skill for people with otherwise great [job] builds or speccing job skills which a dueler would not.

westcalc and TheWestInsider...I wonder why Morthy doesn't call himself West Stats...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

thats very annoying i thought you could simply but all your stats into leadership, oh well does this mean that the maximum fort skill you should have is 211? ie. the perfect fort fighter would have:
Leadership 211
Stamina 211
Hiding 211
Aim 211
Dodging 211

is this it?

DeletedUser

Add to that Health points 500 ;)

It is all about compromise - obviously you cant have 5 * 211 Skill points.