Feedback Fort Balancing Actions

RaiderTr

Dunno if anyone said this before but some people from the "Neutral" Alliances were also invited/asked to the group once upon a time (idk how it is now) but.. well.. they weren't really interested to contribute.

Azeul

I don't discredit the work done by these council leaders. They've injected a tremendous amount of hard, painstaking work to make things better for us all.

I'm speaking to admins, suggesting that they consider, to an outsider, the secrecy of this discussion registers somewhere between a breach of game play to perhaps just an over-extension of power with hopes of getting timely and directed feedback from an informed player base.

And please, Roth, I understand completely about trying to limit the amount of negative/irrelevant input. I've seen both iterations of the IAF and it sometimes yields important discussions, but often it digresses into a vapid point of nonsense based on, yes, personal grievances rather than intelligent conversation.

Can I ask, what persons from the admin community are a part of your private discussion? Also, could you provide a short synopsis of what topics are being discussed? If it's mostly about reshuffling your two alliances around with goober giving meta data, then never mind. If you'd rather not discuss it here, because of the personal attacks you've received for trying to be honest, then I can understand your hesitancy and will try to reach you in another way.

Thanks for your time, and please, as szyco says, remember that it is a game and it is played by real persons. Have some respect for one another. :up:

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
See that's where my concern is. Syntax says transparency, but what is ultimately happening, is that only designees from those two alliances are granted permission to this particular discussion. While, yes, that's valuable input, it is not made public nor opened up to the entire world, except for the allure of posts being made after the fact in discussion/feedback threads. When you say vast majority, and yet limit it to select few, how is that not a contradiction?
As soon as the new policies are ready, all discussion should and will happen on the public forum, so can be viewed by anyone and everyone can participate in it.

Lyrinx.

As soon as the new policies are ready, all discussion should and will happen on the public forum, so can be viewed by anyone and everyone can participate in it.
You mean the battle cap part, right? I hope diggo will fix FFs earlier when we have to talk about cap changes again.

RaiderTr

Sadly Inno's policy regarding this game remains unchanged.

In case someone hasn't figured by now, their policy: No Development, no Fix whatsoever.
Just useless achievements.

Mrs Sam COlt

When one side is more that 5 less than the other, swap one random player's gun for the Sniper Rifle [item=50260000] for that battle. if 10 low, swap 2 random player's guns.1678712579197.png

Still, there will not be any real interest in most world until the rewards are substancial for being in a FF. Drops must resume, and be of great value... bond envelopes, Waupee clothes, shiny items, xmas chests, etc

Mrs Sam COlt

Have you considered having the fort attacked by a NPC Indian war party, that wins the fort? The fort could then be attacked by any town. The fort could be defended by NPC, or players could elect to defend the fort or attack. Winning side gets the fort, evenif it was the defs.

Mrs Sam COlt

The overcrowded FFs in LV world are absolute proof that rewarding attendance in a FF with a good drop reward (10 gold coins inthis case) or as in the Awesomia FFs (75 gold coins), is the key to maintaining and building interest in FFs. Need I say more?

JWillow

The overcrowded FFs in LV world are absolute proof that rewarding attendance in a FF with a good drop reward (10 gold coins inthis case) or as in the Awesomia FFs (75 gold coins), is the key to maintaining and building interest in FFs. Need I say more?

I only see one full battle, if one side is overcrowding then maybe a town should go independent so there is no overcrowding. Though looking at the world map shows one alliance owns all but one fort, so not sure rewards are helping as no forts have moved anywhere in these supposed overcrowded battles.

Attachments

• Screenshot (49).jpg
    Screenshot (49).jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 15

1st RANK XP

I only see one full battle, if one side is overcrowding then maybe a town should go independent so there is no overcrowding. Though looking at the world map shows one alliance owns all but one fort, so not sure rewards are helping as no forts have moved anywhere in these supposed overcrowded battles.
Let him live in that illusion. He doesnt understand anything. Las Vegas is absolutely unbalanced. And it is impossible to find any balance there. Just few numbers. There are 998 players ( let say max 200 active players but this number might be lower, the rest are inactive, multies or 1-4 lvl players). Another number, there are 219 towns. Most of these towns have 1-5 members. Another number, there are let say 3 alliances, Sorority 32 towns and 145 members. Kingdom of heaven 21 towns and 107 members. Independent 11 towns and 91 members ( this alliance is specific due to town Blood Moon and their leader Ohio, noone wanna play with him, his town has 26 members, many of them are his multies, it means the rest 10 towns have 65 members and approx 5-10 active fortfighters.) As you can see, 3 alliances and 64 towns with 343 players, like half more than half of them are not active fortfighters. Of course active fortfighters would never leave their towns. Split them into let say 4 full towns, 2 alliances, 2 vs 2 is impossible. Saying that just to make things clear. Once again let him live in that illusion.

Two more things, first one- last evening there was a battle, Ohio dug fort, as I said noone wanna play with him, he had 17 players in attack. In deff there were 79 players. You already know why, but from 79 players only 40 were from Sorority. Always some of the players dont come. It means Sorority wouldnt even fill the small fort in deff without players from KoH and other neutral towns or players without town. Second one- Colt has an amazing idea, give few forts back to KoH so he can attack and win them back and do it in this way. Bonus- I noticed in the chat conversation about medium or big forts because there're enough players to fill them I guess. Funny.

Of course, events like st Patrick brings more players to battle, but I dont think they will come with some rewards or whatever for regular battles without any event or whatever.

But had to say my thoughts about these "overcrowded" battles on LV because its ridiculous.

Last edited:

Mrs Sam COlt

Yes, LV is unbalanced. The great FFers have either left for other worlds, or dont care anymore. Good Old Days had fighters like Noriko, JWillow, Johnny45s Plus... Dont see them anymore. OHIO has been digging a small fort every few hours and only has 16-22 players showing up for his side, and Sorority has 60 signed up with a 40 player limit. We suspect that many of OHIO's townmates and fighters are really his multis.

The sudden weakness of the KOH alliance and the shifting loyalties of many players, led to the defeat of almost every fort KOH owned. I admitted them as member in a big fort just so they could have a level 6 barracks nearby their town.

I have a plan to remedy this somewhat... I am going to sacrifice a big fort, then dig it. This will allow almost all that desire to join the FF, to get in on one side or the other. Big forts have a limit of what now? 96 each side? Thats a lot more than the 40/46 for small forts. Looking for full attendance in these big fort FFs.

At the end of the day, it is not about being "King of the Hill"; its about having fun in the game.

1st RANK XP

Yes, LV is unbalanced. The great FFers have either left for other worlds, or dont care anymore. Good Old Days had fighters like Noriko, JWillow, Johnny45s Plus... Dont see them anymore. OHIO has been digging a small fort every few hours and only has 16-22 players showing up for his side, and Sorority has 60 signed up with a 40 player limit. We suspect that many of OHIO's townmates and fighters are really his multis.

The sudden weakness of the KOH alliance and the shifting loyalties of many players, led to the defeat of almost every fort KOH owned. I admitted them as member in a big fort just so they could have a level 6 barracks nearby their town.

I have a plan to remedy this somewhat... I am going to sacrifice a big fort, then dig it. This will allow almost all that desire to join the FF, to get in on one side or the other. Big forts have a limit of what now? 96 each side? Thats a lot more than the 40/46 for small forts. Looking for full attendance in these big fort FFs.

At the end of the day, it is not about being "King of the Hill"; its about having fun in the game.
Do you understand All numbers mentioned in my previous post? Do you understand when you will give big fort to KoH and you dig it, you as Sorority alliance will bring about 40-50 players and KoH will bring about 20-25 players? The rest will be from ohio's town. Do you understand that situation about overcrowded small deff was only due to attack of ohio's town and noone wanna play with him ? Once again, Yesterday from 79 signed up you had only 40 members from Sorority. Is that enough to fill small fort in deff? Dont think so.

You gonna sacrifice a big fort and then win it back. Then what ? Will you sacrifice big fort again to win it back ? Sure, let's play big forts on LV. Makes sense. And your way either.

Last edited:

Mrs Sam COlt

Do you understand All numbers mentioned in my previous post? Do you understand when you will give big fort to KoH and you dig it, you as Sorority alliance will bring about 40-50 players and KoH will bring about 20-25 players? The rest will be from ohio's town. Do you understand that situation about overcrowded small deff was only due to attack of ohio's town and noone wanna play with him ? Once again, Yesterday from 79 signed up you had only 40 members from Sorority. Is that enough to fill small fort in deff? Dont think so.

You gonna sacrifice a big fort and then win it back. Then what ? Will you sacrifice big fort again to win it back ? Sure, let's play big forts on LV. Makes sense. And your way either.
I am not selfish... KOH has been a member of this fort since I took it from them two weeks ago. I invited them so they still had a level 6 barracks to sleep in. If I win the battle, I will invite them back, and repeat the dig after the 48 hours. This is meant to be a repeating dig.

My intent is to allow more players to get involved in FFs, not to be King of the Forts. I helped several other towns to dig forts and thus win them, rather than to be a town with 20 forts. Those not in the Soro alliance can join the defense if they desire.

I dont have any enemies in this game, only opponents. Sometimes you have to give your opponents a little help so as to maintain a fair contest.

I left W1,2,3 back in 2012, because I was the #1 player and dueler. I had only one player to duel in each world, and won every time. I owned many forts, fully built, and seldom lost. In short... as boring as professional athletes playing high school teams.

If a player desires to be the top dog, they can do that here, and find it lonely at the top. I play here to have fun, and assist other players in becoming better players.

Mrs Sam COlt

1st Rank XP:
Do you nderstand the difference between completely filling a fort fight of 120 defenders, and 140 attackers, and just having a fort fight with a large enough limit, that will allow everyone that wants to participate get in?