Forge the Lantern

DeletedUser

Does the lantern even exist in game? I found the recipe here: http://tw-db.info/?strana=recipe&craft=3 and if it does exist is it a good option to choose a blacksmith craft if I am an adventurer?

I want to make a good item finding build and that lantern forging would be awesome!

DeletedUser

The lantern was one of the advanced Crafting items that were recently added to the game. As of this point, I believe they don't have any use in-game, but hopefully they will at some future point.
As for what trade you take up, that's personal choice, but at higher levels, you will need products that other trades craft. This is to encourage the social-aspect of the game.

DeletedUser

The lantern was one of the advanced Crafting items that were recently added to the game. As of this point, I believe they don't have any use in-game, but hopefully they will at some future point.
As for what trade you take up, that's personal choice, but at higher levels, you will need products that other trades craft. This is to encourage the social-aspect of the game.

Doesn't the lantern give "Chance to find an item during work: +20% " like it says on that link? I just want to confirm this, if this is true blacksmithing would be awesome choice for an adventurer.

DeletedUser33353

Doesn't the lantern give "Chance to find an item during work: +20% " like it says on that link? I just want to confirm this, if this is true blacksmithing would be awesome choice for an adventurer.

As far as I know, that link is correct. As I have not stumbled across that recipe yet, I can not confirm.

DeletedUser

I was just going on what was said in another thread that it was only in the beta. If it has been transferred to the main game, then that's cool and I step down. :)

DeletedUser25173

write [item=2734000] in the game and you will have the confirmation!

DeletedUser

I am led to believe that - with the latest update - the buffs that all the new items give, was indeed implemented. I'm not of a high enough level though, so I'll just have to go on trust. :)

DeletedUser34408

The Lantern is a great edition (even though it's out of place for a Blacksmith - TP would have been more suited) and the Wine from the a Field Cook that produces 150 LP is also a great edition, can't say the same for the Tonic Peddler equivalent, Ghostly Music which only pays out 15% XP considering you need 2 x Disappearing Inks which are buffs that provide you with 15 energy and 15 HP as well as some LP to 2 skills. As a player, I would think it would make more sense to use the 2 x Disappearing Inks to extract 30 energy and get more XP than Ghostly Music could ever provide. I was looking forward to the new crafting recipes and given my favorite profession is a TP I find the new recipes useless. The Master Saddler equivalent is also useless given that a level 150 Blacksmith can craft a Cooling Cloth 3 times with more efficiency than a Ammunition Slide for the same result.

Suggestion: Increase the XP payout of Ghostly Music to 100% for 3 uses, 30 energy that the 2 disappearing inks provide are capable of acquiring you 2.5 XP duels potentially earning you over 10K XP, where can you use Ghostly Music to even give you 1K XP from a single action?
Add + 3 defense for the ammunition slide to distinguish it from the cooling cloth and reward you for the effort.