Fixing World 1's Retention Rate

DeletedUser34315

According to Da Twista, world 1 has the worst new player retention rate of all the servers.
Why is this? I believe it's a combination of several things:

-Very old, very developed world. Hard for a new player to get to the same "level" (equal gear, skill points, town ranks, duel ranks, etc) as the old time players without years of effort. (I realize this is the only way it's fair to the old players. I'm just saying, this is discouraging to most low levels.)

-Not many active low level players, so low levels may not have as much social interaction as higher levels.

-Fort battles are not encouraged to low level players as much as they could be, and a lack of any updated and easily accessible guides to fort fighting make it a restrictive thing to get into as a low level.

Possible solutions, in my opinion:
-Number one can't be fixed; that's simply an inherent quality of an old world.

-If town black hats invited a few low level players to the town, and guided them a little, the low levels would not find the game so confusing, and would have much more social interaction.

-Hell's guide to fort battles is great; but it's designed more for the commanders, not a beginner. All the other guides several google searches turn up are badly outdated, with antiquated tactics, and information that is simply inaccurate due to updates. The fort battle overview on the wiki is well done, but very hard to find- you have to know what you're looking for to find it in a search. Perhaps, a hard-coded link to the fort battle wiki could be added to each battle page(I'll post this in ideas and brainfarts).

What do you think are current problems and solutions?

DeletedUser

Actually on the dueling front its easy to get the duel XP up and get to rank one. If you willing that is. Yourself got up there relatively fast Gandalf.

DeletedUser

I propose creating a town that is dedicated to teaching new people how to play The West.

The West University

In this town older players that are semi-retired can act as professors and teach new players how to play the game. I've actually done this in the past in World 2 and was actually quite successful at it. I would recruit anyone under level 20 and teach them how to play and when I saw they were ready I would refer them to my larger towns in my alliance.

I would be willing to do this if I could get a couple of seasoned players to help me out. I haven't played for over a year and would like someone who's been around and join me.

DeletedUser33353

All good ideas. I would hate to see W1 die out.

-If town black hats invited a few low level players to the town, and guided them a little, the low levels would not find the game so confusing, and would have much more social interaction.
Mercs seem to do that, and I am trying to host a few fun battles for the new ones to participate in.
The West University, now that is an idea whose time has come. Wish something like that would have been around when I started. Send me a pm if u wish king david, I may be able to help.