Firefox's memory leak and the west

DeletedUser34315

Lately, I have noticed that firefox becomes very unstable(goes unresponsive every few seconds, and sometimes freezes completely) if you leave it open for a long time. This is much more pronounced when using the-west, as it uses much more memory.

I run tw-db's clothcalc, halcon's buff script, and grammarly, but disabling those and experimenting has not decreased the tendency of firefox to slow down and crash.
It's almost certainly not the computer; 16gb ram and an nvidia 680 should be more than capable of running the west.
From googling(IT's first strategy :D ) it appears that firefox just normally takes more and more memory over time, oddly.
I've set the affinity to use all 8 cores, but CPU usage still seems to never be near capped out when firefox becomes unstable.
So, I had a question for you all- have you noticed this, and if so, have you managed to resolve it?

DeletedUser22685

So, I had a question for you all- have you noticed this, and if so, have you managed to resolve it?

I resolved my Firefox issues by using Chrome instead. That was three years ago, and I'm yet to come across anything that Firefox did better.

DeletedUser

Firefox has always had a problem with loading The-West for me. I switched to Chrome for playing The-West a couple of years ago and it has been much better. I still use Firefox for a few things, but it has become less and less over the last couple of years as I have started seeing issues with other apps / sites while using Firefox that I don't encounter with Chrome.

DeletedUser36559

I haven't encountered many problems with Chrome as I have with firefox.

DeletedUser34315

I resolved my Firefox issues by using Chrome instead. That was three years ago, and I'm yet to come across anything that Firefox did better.

I had noticed, on my old laptop, that i had a lot of issues with adventures in chrome that were fine in firefox. Now that I've not got a crap laptop, there's no reason not to use chrome solely. Just have to disable that stupid auto chrome store thing for extensions again.

DeletedUser

I thought it was just ME!!! My Firefox has been going CRAZY lately. Sometimes after a few hours, sometimes I would have it open for 5 MINUTES and it would freeze up and become TOTALLY unresponsive. I even tried WAITING for it to sort ITSELF out.
I went away, made my lunch...ATE my lunch, but no joy. Once it freezes, that's it. You have to shut it down and restart it. (Firefox that is.)

DeletedUser34315

The memory restart plugin is nice- it lets you quickly shutdown and then reopen all your pages, thus resetting the memory, if you have to use firefox.

DeletedUser

Thanks. I'll give that a go. I use Firefox because I have so many plug-ins that I use.

DeletedUser30032

Maxthon Cloud browser

much much better than FF, chrome, opera and IE.
do give it a try.