Fighting Zombies For Halloween...

DeletedUser

Quick question... (I have tried the search facility but it never seems to show me what I'm looking for.)
I am doing the Halloween quest and I have to K.O. 10 NPCs. (Zombies). The problem is, I'm no good at duelling. I can WIN...on occasion...but I can never K.O. them.
Can anyone offer any 'quick-fix' advice? As there is a time-limit on this quest, I REALLY don't want to wait until next YEAR to COMPLETE it. :(
I can get money but can anyone offer me a fool-proof way to K.O. the NPCs every time?
Thanks in advance...Big John1970 :)

DeletedUser30224

When you hover over the npc's in the list, pick on those that have least resistance to your weapon (toughness for melee and reflex for range) and least aim / dodge. Those are the most likely candidates to KO.

DeletedUser

Zd you should watch alliance chats in basically any world even most level 120 complain they cannot ko npcs

you get usually stuff like this:
ironic78: was looking at my record, since i syarted on this server i managed to kill 1 npc in 1 year. Now i need kill 10 in 2 weeks (thats a level 120 with all fancy gear)

for anyone except duellers (which are the ones you see screaming meh just pick the right ones) its just impossible to complete this quest.

Also Zd your thinking about level 120s at level 60 those npcs got 1k hp as well, how you expect such a person to ever ko a npc? i can give you the answer they simply can't.

only purely skilled duellers or those with howdahs tucked away in their inventories are likely to complete this quest.

But seeing they moan on the german forums about it as well i guess it will be changed, unless they want only 1% of the folks completing this quest

DeletedUser

Wow, that's insane. Thanks for the tips. I'll persevere and see if I can get it. If not, I guess I'll just have to try again next year. I hope they do change it. I'm really not cut out for duelling. :(

Hypothetical time...
If I were to remove points from ALL skills (except aim) and put every single one onto Vigor and use a melee weapon. Do you reckon I could K.O. them then? I realise this would be WAAAAAAY costly, but I REALLY want to complete this quest. If I were to succeed, I would then put all the points back again, costing even MORE. Just wondering if it might be possible though...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ripwise

Hypothetical time...
If I were to remove points from ALL skills (except aim) and put every single one onto Vigor and use a melee weapon. Do you reckon I could K.O. them then? I realise this would be WAAAAAAY costly, but I REALLY want to complete this quest. If I were to succeed, I would then put all the points back again, costing even MORE. Just wondering if it might be possible though...

In that case you would be better off reskilling to dueler build instead going for vigor. Just try getting good dodge gear and either go for range or melee weapon and try it that way, reskilling would be to costly imo just so you can beat those NPCs.

DeletedUser

Hypothetical time...

lol yeah a reskill to dueller would fix the problem, but in all honesty seeing the wave of critic on ze germans forum, where devs actually do look at i doubt this quest remains unchanged. since except for a handfull of duellers this quest is just not doable for the common player

DeletedUser29831

Well, I have a duel build and Eatons on Briscoe. So far I've managed 9 KO, but now I have to take out NPC's with 2500 HP or more. As impatient as I am, I always try "just one more", getting the difficulty up even more. And I started naked, duelling NPC's down to 10 difficulty before I began.

DeletedUser16008

Just have to keep an eye out every 30 mins for the lower hp

Is it easy ? nope is it hard with a non dueler ? no not really just takes patience.

just take your time.

DeletedUser

Zd you should watch alliance chats in basically any world even most level 120 complain they cannot ko npcs

you get usually stuff like this:
ironic78: was looking at my record, since i syarted on this server i managed to kill 1 npc in 1 year. Now i need kill 10 in 2 weeks (thats a level 120 with all fancy gear)

for anyone except duellers (which are the ones you see screaming meh just pick the right ones) its just impossible to complete this quest.

Also Zd your thinking about level 120s at level 60 those npcs got 1k hp as well, how you expect such a person to ever ko a npc? i can give you the answer they simply can't.

only purely skilled duellers or those with howdahs tucked away in their inventories are likely to complete this quest.

But seeing they moan on the german forums about it as well i guess it will be changed, unless they want only 1% of the folks completing this quest

Today we released a small update:

Halloween Event
With the update we are bringing preparations for the Halloween event into the game. The Halloween event consists of a special quest line that can be accepted from the 28th of October, 10:00, to the 11th of November, 10:00. All players who accepted the quest in this timeframe can finish the line whenever they want. Also we recommend to login between the 31st of October, 15:00, and the 1st of November, 15:00. :)

The quest has a timer, yes, but is a little different from what we had before. You have 2 weeks to start it, you have all the time in the world to finish it.
Buff up, gear up and man up! ;)

DeletedUser34315

Is it easy ? nope is it hard with a non dueler ? no not really just takes patience.

just take your time.

Seriously. It just requires choosing your targets with a modicum of intelligence and setting your stance well.

DeletedUser16008

Seriously. It just requires choosing your targets with a modicum of intelligence and setting your stance well.

It does yes, like standing red seeing as what you want here is a ko, no point doing loads in a row itll just raise the difficulty level too high along with the chance of having a decent target you can ko.

DeletedUser

Well thanks to zd3no for the tip about hovering over the face. Never would have figured that one out. Cheers. :)
Now that I know I can check their stat's and that there is no time-limit to FINISHING the quest, (thanks to Duduie for explaining that one), I'm gonna level up some, buy me some decent gear, slam some points in for duelling and kick their butts. :)
If the dev's DO change the rules of course, it will make life SO much easier. :D
Thanks to everyone for their advice. All advice is warmly welcomed. :Dhttp://forum.the-west.net/member.php?u=30224

Sorry, didn't see there was a second page. :)
How do you lower the difficulty level? Is there like a time-limit or something where it comes down?

DeletedUser16008

it comes down with time on a daily basis, it will still give you easier options as it gets harder sometimes but what your looking for is an npc with low dodge and lowest hp poss so you can hit them and put them down as easy as possible. the lower the difficulty level the more pop up

If you wear full hp gear you can stand red which will help your aim and chance of a hit too the hp gear will allow you to take a few shots.

It takes a bit of thinking and planning, pick your npc duels carefully wear the right gear and do what you can to max your chances of that ko... if its only 2 a day you can take on so be it. Patience is what you need most ;) good luck

DeletedUser33797

just take your time.

It will never happened for a full trader even if look every day for the lowest of the low NPC.
On a good duel with the most fancy gear i hit for max of 800.At level 120 the lowest health NPC has around 2k HP.And i won`t waste some 700 bonds or 2 mil ingame money to re skill just to complete a quest (It`s not like the reward it Howdas or inno belt worth reskilling)
So another good idea turned bad an another big disappointment Inno style

DeletedUser

It will never happened for a full trader even if look every day for the lowest of the low NPC.
On a good duel with the most fancy gear i hit for max of 800.At level 120 the lowest health NPC has around 2k HP.And i won`t waste some 700 bonds or 2 mil ingame money to re skill just to complete a quest (It`s not like the reward it Howdas or inno belt worth reskilling)
So another good idea turned bad an another big disappointment Inno style

That's weird. I'm a full trader, lvl 120, only points on trading and charisma.
In my last seven duels, I hit 1200-1800 in total. Using Wyatt Earps, fancy gear, no buffs.
No KO:s though, but I'm not at that stage in the quest yet, so I haven't tried to do that, only to win.
Also, my NPC s shown have from 1500-1900 HP at the moment.
I guess your NPC level is very high. Wait a couple of days and try again.

DeletedUser

You sound like 120s have it easier for some reason. Lower level NPCs are much easier to KO.

DeletedUser

Either you have a vigor weapon or very low shooting with a weak duelling weapon.
That's easily changed, just use better shooting gear.

to do normal weapon damage he needs to have 116 shooting to do great damage around 156 shooting, since the npc has 116 resistance, with gear you simply wont get there, so you need to be specced itno dexterity or in shooting to achieve proper damage vs such an npc

DeletedUser16008

lvl 120 pure dueler all the gear n howdas 8 NPC duels. Beaten unconscious in NPC duels: 6/10

lvl 120 adven pure hp tank no fancy gear no named kits simple gold saber 15 NPC duels Beaten unconscious in NPC duels: 3/10

both had simple sharp point buffs

no one said its easy.

the trick is to have a low difficulty level pick the lower hp targets with as low dodge as possible stand red to help your aim buff a bit and go for it..

Know when youve done enough for the day and wait until tomorrow or bring your duel difficulty down some before going again.

It is doable it isnt too hard but you do have to plan things out somewhat and definitely put in the time and effort.

Re the pure traders, yup itll be hard going but you can get vigor over 100 or shoot over 100 with only kits .. builds have thier downside as well as a benefit sometimes