FF team

EngLad

Howdy Cowboys&Cowgirls,

Since the world is in chaos I want to step up and bring back all the FF players together.
Those who fought for appatz, a true great leader would you please give me a chance?
I will and have faith to balance the world.

Sincerely,
JD

Harsha..

JD, unlike in the olden days, people don't really read the forums, a better place to talk about world issues would be in some internal forum.

But, seriously speaking, even before this world opened, most of us vets predicted it would be in chaos. Many good-intentioned people I know have said they would do something. The most dedicated one gave up after a month, and someone else gave up after only two days.

DeletedUser39417

Juarez is hardly in chaos. The issue is that at the beginning there were two strong fort leaders. Both have since quit (or become extremely inactive). The one side stuck it out and made things work and the other fragmented. Now, everyone is pissed off at the side that stayed true to itself as much as possible. Naturally, that has attracted other towns to join that side.

Add to this the relatively new alliance since Houston that uses a strategy of amassing the most towns as possible and takes a lukewarm approach to fort fighting. The only advantage they bring is force of numbers and they refuse to follow anyones rules. Add to that a certain player that bullies everyone into following only his plan and no other. The same guy that cannot function in the game unless he is causing massive discord unless his demands are met; digging three multis a day, day after day. Dump onto that dumpster fire an array of hotheads that "quit the game" then come back and cause more drama and you have Juarez in a nutshell. Then again that also describes Idaho.

Bottom line: There's plenty of opposition on the non-Mexican Wave side of things to have decent battle numbers. Certain people and towns need to step up and form a new alliance that rejects all the crap I mentioned in the second paragraph: no hanger-on groups that throw weight of numbers at battles, no egomaniacal dictators, and no hothead idiots. Do those things and Juarez might get better.

Don't put expectations on the side that stuck out the same problem of being abandoned by their main leader and successfully transitioned to fix everything. We made it work. The other side needs to figure it out as well.

DeletedUser39417

Raider, you are 100% correct. That is the other factor; people still play this game like there are large populations of players on the servers. That of course is a major flaw. The other issue I should point out is considering the state of the world right now all this is small potatoes and irrelevant. Even in the "worst" of situations with the game it's still a game and a distraction from the crisis. If everyone playing had that perspective I think things would calm down as well.

RaiderTr

Of course let's not forget the OP P2W Upgradable Nugget PvP gear(s) ..

I can easily say that Union Officer had/has a huge effect on Idaho's failure.
And Idaho was their last chance of having a proper "new" server, with hordes of people coming from National servers and all.

On the other hand, Juarez (aka Juspaius, Jabroni etc) was born dead to begin with.

DeletedUser15368

It was interesting to read a bit about Juarez politics and history, I love West Historian stories :-D

When Joke world opened, some people were already done with Idaho and the lack of capable adults in leadership positions. DS was trying to recruit a core team to make something of Juarez, while i was trying to get people to stay on idaho because the trouble makers were gonna move to Juarez. When the njub leaders all moved to Juarez, Idaho became politically more viable, however we had also lost about half our playerbase in the process, which was barely even enough to support battles at that point, with the Russian, German and French leaders all quitting for various reasons previously, mostly political issues with a certain town that also cause issues on Juarez.

We all saw it coming, and warned against it, but the decision to open a new world had already been made. Players, moderators and even the community manager have absolutely no input anymore. It's quite disgusting, the ignorance.

It takes roughly a year to get to a point where PvP is in its prime on a new world... so opening a new one just as the previous is hitting their prime is, again, a disgusting decision by people who do not play this game. And then the massive jump from shop clothes to Union Set for nuggeters meant Juarez was done before it got started. Absolutely no consideration for new worlds is taken when designing tombola and nugget sales, Idaho was the same. Disgusting mismanagement. Older worlds like Arizona and Colorado survived because of the relatively massive playerbase and years worth of upgraded fort gear to mitigate Union a little bit. Migrations to these worlds would extent hundreds of player's time in the game, but I know that some people have over 1k tombola streaks on these PvP-less worlds, and that keeps the entire world open to the disdain of the many. I would argue that with less worlds, these nuggeters would have more competition, and therefore spend even more nuggets. I would also argue that if migration routes were simply opened, the PvPers would leave for greener pastures, while the berry pickers would remain and keep spending nuggets for PvE reasons, but sure, KPI's or whenever the excuse is.

I have nowhere to play on .net currently, my old accounts are about 20 Tombolas and nugget sales out-of-date. I'm now an Idaho refugee but all the borders are closed. Thank the Almighty Brown Tie for a well timed IFBC to give me something to do during lockdown. And yes, these concerns are all so trivial and maybe even entitled during current world events. Asking for balanced PvP is becoming more of a meme than a dream now though.

That being said, I wish you luck johnny, plenty are capable of leading but won't do it, because they are usually left to shoulder an entire half of a world on their own. And then they quit.

PS. I really appreciate the casual dig at the useless Mass-Recruiting-Alliance who hoard up to 1/3 of the player base and give them zero leadership or direction, FP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harsha..

Well, so far only 5 people responded to this thread - 2 who are actively playing on that world. That is a very negligible number.

I was just speaking with my memories of how the old World 2 and 10 world forums were like. There were many dozens of players actively posting and actual world-political drama would play out here with leaders from the opposing sides throwing jabs at each other :D

In any case, do keep us posted on how it goes there with your alliance building.

DeletedUser11353

Well, so far only 5 people responded to this thread - 2 who are actively playing on that world. That is a very negligible number.

I was just speaking with my memories of how the old World 2 and 10 world forums were like. There were many dozens of players actively posting and actual world-political drama would play out here with leaders from the opposing sides throwing jabs at each other :D

In any case, do keep us posted on how it goes there with your alliance building.
Those were the times my friend.. Wait what am I doing here lol. Just kidding, been a while since I had a look at the forums or the game, nice to see familiar face. :)

EngLad

It's now about experimenting and trying to achieve balancing FF...
Apart from Luke who is not interested, any MW players available who are still interested?

CBenney

I think he was suggesting helping MW side which made me laugh but this has been and gone if you was active enough you would have known.