FF STARTING POSTION ITS BUGGED

Darkuletzz

Hello,

I have a question, why always when i start on a ff , after some hours, i can not find myself on the map and lose my spot, or more bad when i start the battle, and i am on east, i see myself in round 1 in the west side and die in round 1.
I think i am not the only one.
Solution?

SB.access

Hello,

I have a question, why always when i start on a ff , after some hours, i can not find myself on the map and lose my spot, or more bad when i start the battle, and i am on east, i see myself in round 1 in the west side and die in round 1.
Solution?
It did happen to me too, but very rare, maybe once or twice this year.
It's not happening to every players everytime and even if one want it to occur, they can't make it happen.
Personally, I believe it's not a bug, but rather some default system that needs an improvement.
I'd guess, it has something to do with the connection between The-west game server and the player. And lots of factor could affect this, from server problem to your regional network strength, or even policy. cmiiw

asdf124

Hello,

Solution?
How is your ping/jitter? If it is quite high, you'll find that is the root of the cause. Possibility 2 is, if you live very far away from the servers(I think it is in South Africa Or Germany) I don't really know thou.

Ektoras BOTrini

Hello,

Solution?

Its because of YOUR connection between the game server , happened to me lots of times because I had a bad connection..

Bad Billy Jack

There is a process lag in fort battle updating in all cases. The most obvious one is when you relog you do not see ranks in battle chat for a minute or so. Keep this in mind when you place your dot & target (2 step process you MUST set target. Target yourself if you do not want to move). Cancel target arrow after battle begins if online.). Next due to the lag you MUST keep fort open for at least 1 minute (2 minutes with slow internet) after placing your dot & target. Finally check back in a hour or so to first make sure you have not been stacked (remember the lag? Yep 2 place dots at same time, neither see each other) & also that your dot is still there.

Basically, you rush in, place dot, close fort and your dot will not be STUCK.

Also, keep in mind that this lag can also affect your late stacking. You move your dot, the game needs time to process the request. You stack less than a minute until battle starts, you are asking for trouble, ie no stuck dot!

ATTACK ~ No stuck dot and the AI will put you anywhere & this means usually the wilderness far away from the group and you will die horribly & quickly.

DEFEND ~ No dot and the AI will place you somewhere on the fort. Clearly not as bad as no stuck dot on attacks.

EDIT: If you have ranking screen due to either script or being an officer, you CAN trust your dot you see on ranking screen as STUCK, just not the original fort screen.

Last edited:

Darkuletzz

Ok, not an admin asked this question, can someone tell me what its gonna happen , why always i need to check 5 times before battle start?
The topic its from 9 october, can some admin, cm, moderator etc, ask the question above?

Victor Kruger

Or Its possible your having a conflict running something on your system at your end, like your browser or old /outdated/illegal script or other program. Try turning off any game scripts you have running, use a different browser and take it from there.

Bitter Lemon

Hello,

Solution?
It sounds totally stupid, but here's the thing: you need a new mouse. We often had this problem in the German server, a new mouse solved the problem.
It's really not a joke, believe me. ;)

asdf124

I think i have top 5 best internet connection from any players in this server.
Its not because of connection.
How your ISP connects you to the server differs from other ISP's, saying you have a good connection might be true but what if its local and surrounding area?

SB.access

Btw, gotta confirm a thing or two.
I always do this in battle layout after choosing a side:

Place my toon > place the target where my toon is > then click ready > choose not now. I do that in few seconds just to make sure I signed up first. *add: then update placement according to topic in battle chat after.

Is everybody doing the same thing as I do? or do some people place the toon + target, then close the battle interface?