FF skill tips

DeletedUser

I had been searching for a good fort battle guide with some useful tips, particularly about the best (or) the most common skill distribution fort fighters use, but some threads I found were either outdated or not helpful enough. The only thing that I know of FF skill builds is that Health is the most important. Is that true? Or is it best to have all skills (stamina,hiding,leader,aim,dodge) evenly distributed?

Could you please give me some tips about the skills and where is the best place to put them? I'm planning on building up a pure FF character on Beta and I have absoloutely no experience about that.

I'm level 60 there, with 60 open attributes and 195 skills.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Im a level 106 dueler on Colorado, and so far the build I have there has been my best FF build. It is full strength, about 340 sp on health (which takes my health to 6530), the rest SP is evenly distributed between hiding and leadership. Atm my hiding is a bit low and I'm putting my skills into hiding as I'm levelling up and I got the leadership fixed at 106, which works quite well for me.

DeletedUser32733

Depends

Battle formula

Leadership0.5 + Skill 20.4 + Skill 30.6 + Sector Attack Bonus or Sector Defense Bonus + Special Bonuses + Default Bonus

Where:
Skill 2 is Aim or Dodge
Skill 3 is Stamina or Hiding

Damage & Resistance

Damage: WeaponDamage + (WeaponDamage * Leadership / TotalHP)
Resistance: (1200 / TotalHP) * (Stamina OR Hiding)0.5
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stamina and hiding matter more than aim and dodge. So duelers who want to duel well and FF as well will have lesser edge than pure FFs. SPs priority list:
1. HP
2. Leadership
3. Stamina/Hiding
4. Dodging/Aim (OPTIONAL: only if you want to duel as well)

So it all comes down to what you are wearing and what you want to achieve in the battles.

Say you are a soldier or advent and wish to block, take point and hold flag and hits come second in your priorities, then you can go all strength and HP, with a dozen for leadership, hide and stamina (aiming and dodging matter less) and wear full JJ gear.

Say you are someone who just wants to kick ass and cause max damage, then I'd recommend Will munny's gear with the same skill distribution as above.

DeletedUser

It depend on the character and what role you want to play, for premium adventure I think best option is pure HP. If you have nice set of gears like full Natty and golden gun then you can consider almost (95%) of your sp to Health. But if not then it's again your choice to what you want to do in fort battle. I see some duellers with many attribute point in mobility so they dodge like crazy in defence and in their own tower but they do not hit that many in attacks and even in defence. New change and upcoming change are toward making different role in the battle, shield, blockers, snipers and etc.

I know that you can make damage like crazy with 800-1200 HP and many leadership.
You can dodge like crazy even with 3000 HP - 4000 HP if you have many attribute in mobility and even some skills in hiding in defence

With recent nerf of HP it's not beneficial to spend all attributes to strength specially if you are not premium adventure and do not want to have pure HP build.
Having some attribute toward mobility is better than dexterity and charisma because of hiding and dodging are two skill but those just have 1 skill in fort fighting (aim and leadership)

And finally if you have proper clothes like full Natty set it give you enough bonus for aim and dodge and almost enough for leadership. Then it's easy to spend 80% of skills for health, and spend 15% of your skill point toward stamina and hiding. for last 5% you can add them to leadership.

DeletedUser

Battle formula
So it all comes down to what you are wearing and what you want to achieve in the battles.

Say you are a soldier or advent and wish to block, take point and hold flag and hits come second in your priorities, then you can go all strength and HP, with a dozen for leadership, hide and stamina (aiming and dodging matter less) and wear full JJ gear.

Say you are someone who just wants to kick ass and cause max damage, then I'd recommend Will munny's gear with the same skill distribution as above.

And what If I am a non-premium and just too poor to afford those fancy awesome g33k sets? I'm sorry to say that but you need to know, not everyone can dream about such luxuries you have mentioned. And the fact that those items i can't afford are some of the most OP fort gear and a must-have for every decent fort figher is raging me out.

Apart from that,
I just wanted to know what is the most optimal skill distribution of a fort fighter and I can thank you a lot for the advice.

DeletedUser

Im non - premium. I find the bavarian shirt, brewery buffalo, oktoberfest mug combo great. Other than that I stick to my fancy soft leg guards, for lower levels i'd recommend Blue soft leg guards or yellow leg guards. About Hat and neckband I'm pretty sure with a little effort you will be able to find Natty's hat and scarf and even if you dont, there's jj or munny hat and tie. Now for the belt and shoes, there can be a problem. You can save up and go for JJ or munny belt and shoes but they are expensive and natty's boots and belt have become really rare these days. So while you're saving up you can use regular gear such as Sandals for shoes and for belt I'd say Calamity jane's belt or Seth bullock's belt or any other belt which gives the afforementioned skills in good quantity.

DeletedUser

Other than that I stick to my fancy soft leg guards, for lower levels i'd recommend Blue soft leg guards or yellow leg guards.

They are and always have been the standard pants. :p Black linen pants, yellow leg guards, blue soft leg guards, fancy soft leg guards.

DeletedUser

I didn't include the petticoat because I said "always" and the petticoat is newer than the rest.

DeletedUser

The petty coat is basically the same as black linen pants, just skills swapped. Still, I'd rather use linen pants, for cosmetic reasons. A male soldier with elite army gear and an ill-fitting undergarment normally worn by women... something just ain't right here.

DeletedUser31532

The petty coat is basically the same as black linen pants, just skills swapped. Still, I'd rather use linen pants, for cosmetic reasons. A male soldier with elite army gear and an ill-fitting undergarment normally worn by women... something just ain't right here.

I might be misunderstanding you chicken man, but to clarify, black linen pants are not the same as a pettie coat. When defending a fort, you want gear with hiding. So the petty coat is a much more appropriate choice.

Now, pull up your skirt and be a man! My name is mota, and I'm Pro petty coat. ;)
reemplazovp.png
reemplazovp.png

DeletedUser32733

And what If I am a non-premium and just too poor to afford those fancy awesome g33k sets? I'm sorry to say that but you need to know, not everyone can dream about such luxuries you have mentioned. And the fact that those items i can't afford are some of the most OP fort gear and a must-have for every decent fort figher is raging me out.

Apart from that,
I just wanted to know what is the most optimal skill distribution of a fort fighter and I can thank you a lot for the advice.

Well lets say you are someone who can't afford any of those g33k sets as you call it( NOTE: I'm being specific here) then in my opinion you can get 4 of 6 items of any of the two sets( JJ & Munny) which is quite affordable even for non-prems. Namely clothing, belt, shoes and neckband.

Black linen pants [ I agree with the cosmetic part. ;)] and Black leather jacket w [for defences] and Bavarian clothing with the mug and buffalo [ for attacks ].

Those four set items give you a decent boost in terms of leadership and other skills save HP. The pants and clothing I have mentioned and probably the best common gear for FF.

Skill distribution( in my opinion):

Scenario:
Lvl 50.
Class: Soldier.
Available SP: 150
Available AP: 50

All attributes for strength. 100 SP for HP. 20 for Hide. 30 for leadership.

After Distribution, it should look like:

Attributes:
Strength: 50

SP:
Stamina: 50
HP: 150
Hiding: 20
Leadership: 30
All others will stay at 0 without bonus.

With Bonus:
Scenario:
Say you are wearing JJ belt, Tie, coat and shoes with Black linen pants and Black leather jacket. you will have like:

SP: Net value( Original value without bonus + Bonus)

Stamina: 126 (50 + 76)

HP: 159 (150 + 9)

Hiding: 74 (20 + 54)
Dodge: 69 (0 + 69)

Leadership: 71 (30 + 41) {being soldier should help with the leadership too.}

Note: there might be small errors in the number data. Feel free to point em out.

This I think, is the best build and gear for a pure fort fighting non-prem soldier in a defence battle. For attack, put the Bavarian shirt, hold your mug and ride your buffalo. Doesn't make much difference but anyway it matters.